Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Milind SawantYour feedback matters!
Mostly I'm feeling pain in my legs just above my toes when I'm walking abt 30 mins. When temperature is too cold. For this doctors provide me calcium kit. But it is not working. I want permanent solution.
Sir, I have soar throat since 2008, I have respiratory problem in my left nose, I always feel pain (byatha, dard) in left side tonsil and neck, when I open my mouth I heard some sound (khot khot awaj) end of left jaws. I feel less sense left side of my neck, head and also left shoulder, when I take hard or hot food I feel the food has touched end of my tongue which is not normal than other place of mouth (i have ulcer end of my tongue as per my previous doctor, E.N.T DOCTOR). I take medicine 2 years 2009 and 2010 bur nothing in development. Then I left it for its normal condition (uske bad hum doctor dekhana chhore diya). In April - 2015 go for a normal check up to same doctor, Doctor says its glocitis and give me ointment Amlexanox Oral Paste and also take medicine but nothing is development. Sir please advice what to do.
My mother (55 yr) is suffering from osteoarthritis. She is having pain in her knees while standing n walking. What is the best exercise for her. She does cycling for 30 min in a day. How she can improve her health. N what are the ways. So it will not increase further.
My both leg knee (between knee and tip of the leg bone) was painful when I'm running are playing. How to get relief from that pain.
I am 28 year old male. I & my partner feel unsatisfied during intercourse due to early ejaculation. My height 172 cm and weight 70kg. I have backache problem also. I used to do exercise at home to reduce pain. But if I stop exercise for more than 4 days then backache starts again.
I have lots of pain in legs try all the thing once get relief for 2 3 hr after that again pain get started wht to do. Had lots of cream vicks and medsajal.
Hello. I think I'm suffering from pelvic pain. please anyone can share it symptoms with me. I need a urgent treatment .plz reply as soon as possible. Having pain in left back thigh.
Female Age-41 Weight-65 Kilograms According to my latest reports the THYROID PROFILE TOTAL T3 is 67.41,T4 is 7.00 and TSH is 3.71, I am taking 150 mg of thyronorm what would you recommend now. Thanks
I am a 22 years old guy having back pain since a month. Please solvr this query as soon as possible. Thanku.
This method of ancient Unani treatment involves sucking the congested blood from inside the body to the surface of the skin through the application of heat, which results in normal blood flow and get rid of back pain.
I am 68 yrs old and diabetic for the last 22 yrs. Had a fracture, calcanium left, in 2003 ; ok now even though wound is 99% closed still has a little pain while walking or doing yoga. Now started with a pain on my right shoulder. Sugar level is 148/168 (on medicine) pls advice how to get rid f this shoulder pain and pain at the fractured joint. And also for diabetes thanks,
Respected Sir, I am facing back pain problem from last month Due to weakness. Please suggest me what did I do for my back pain problem. Thanks.
I am having swelling on my left ankle since last 6 months. It is also quite painful while walking. What could it be due to and what is the nature of treatment that I should take?
Am 24 years old and facing disc bulge from past 4 years (L4, l5, l6) I have taken treatment with exercises, massages and Physio therapy. Which is best way to cure in a quick time.
The body is controlled by chemicals known as hormones. These are produced in minute quantities by minute organs, but have great control on almost all body functions. There are different hormones, each determining different functions like how tall a person will grow, how strong the bones will be, how well a person can react to stress and the reproductive ages. There is also a master gland called the pituitary which is situated somewhere deep in the brain, which controls all these organs. Small variations in the amount of these chemicals in the body produce significant effect on their respective control organ.
Thyroid is one such major gland, which produces a hormone called thyroxine or T4 as it is commonly called. This controls metabolism and emotional health to a large extent. Reduced amounts of T4 is very common in women, and with altered metabolism, there is increased musculoskeletal pain in various joints.
Here are some of the best ways to reduce Joint Pain from Hypothyroidism:
- Step Up to Low-Impact Aerobics: Twenty to 60 minutes of near-daily aerobics — really any exercise that gets your heart pumping — can help speed up your metabolism and counter weight gain, a common hypothyroidism symptom and a contributor to joint pain. But if you have joint or knee pain, choose low-impact aerobics. Swimming is the ideal low-impact aerobic exercise — the water buoys your body and cushions joints.
- Strengthen Your Muscles: Strength- or weight-training exercises build muscle mass, which uses more calories than fat even at rest. That promotes weight loss and can ease the strain on your joints. Stronger muscles also directly help protect nearby joints. For example, strengthening exercises such as squats, lunges, and leg lifts develop the muscles that support the knees. Start slow with 15 repetitions of each exercise. Then build up to three sets of 15 reps each.
- Get Plenty of Sleep: Sleep is the time for muscles and joints to recover. If you're not sleeping well, you are not recovering as fast as you could be. What's more, when you're sleep deprived, you're likely to crave junk and comfort foods that can contribute to weight gain, which adds stress to your joints and increases joint pain. Aim for seven to eight hours of quality sleep each night.
- Stick to a Healthy Diet: Replace the junk food that can lead to weight gain with choices that enhance your health. For example, add fatty fish to your diet. It's a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, known to decrease inflammation, which may be contributing to your muscle and joint pain. Coldwater fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and tuna have some the highest amounts of omega-3s. Also be sure to get lots of fresh fruit and vegetables high in antioxidants, which may counter inflammation, too.
- Practice Yoga: Yoga poses are a great way to provide relief for joint pain while also increasing flexibility. For shoulder pain, look for poses that open your chest, like this simple pose: Sit with your feet flat on the floor. As you inhale, stretch your arms over your head. Clasp your hands together over your head and then turn your palms up toward the ceiling. Drop your shoulders and straighten up as if pushing through your head. Hold for 30 seconds. Release your hands, bringing them down behind you. Next, clasp your hands behind your back and lift your arms. Hold for another 30 seconds.
- Don't Let Fatigue Win: Fatigue is one of the most common hypothyroidism symptoms. Even though you might feel listless, you'll benefit from exercise because it will rev your metabolism and help you maintain flexibility despite muscle and joint pain. If you're too exhausted to complete a full exercise routine, break it up into several short bouts — even 10 minutes done three times a day will be effective. Also, stretching and relaxation exercises within two hours of bedtime may help you sleep better.
- Meditate for Stress Relief: Having a chronic condition such as hypothyroidism can be stressful, and that stress can actually contribute to pain and tension. That's why it's important to find ways to reduce stress, such as the practice of mindfulness meditation. This form of meditation teaches you how to distract yourself from what's bothering you by refocusing your attention, often on your own breathing.
Thyroid hormones help all your organs work well. They control how your body uses food for energy.
What Do Thyroids Do
Thyroid hormones affect your metabolism rate, which means how fast or slow your brain, heart, muscles, liver, and other parts of your body work. If your body works too fast or too slowly, you won’t feel well. For example, if you don’t have enough thyroid hormone, you might feel tired and cold. Or, if you have too much thyroid hormone, you might feel nervous, jumpy, and warm.
What hormones does my thyroid gland produce?
The thyroid gland produces thyroxine (T4), which is a relatively inactive prohormone and lower amounts of the active hormone, triiodothyronine (T3). Collectively, T3 and T4 are referred to as the thyroid hormones. Twenty percent of the body’s triiodothyronine is made by the thyroid gland; the other 80% comes from thyroxine converted by organs such as the liver or kidneys.
The thyroid gland also produces calcitonin from cells called C-cells. Calcitonin is understood to play a role in regulating calcium levels in the body, but its exact function in humans remains unclear. Thyroid hormone is one such chemical which has effect on all organs of the body including the joints. Vague pains may be due to thyroid disorders. They are easy to manage with treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.