Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Milind MerchantYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old. I have pain in left side testile it causes back pain and little stomac pain. Please help me.
I am suffering from hip joint pain both sides. Taking glucosamaine & calcium herbal tablets since one week days. Do you suggest any other treatment?
Hii my feeling is very bad why you do not know I am suffering my back pain thats why I am not sleeping.
I'm suffering from numbness. Whenever I sit for longer duration in one position I experience numbesss.
I feel pain in my legs every night. I mostly do work while sitting. What could be the reason for this pain?
I have back pain when I was playing in ground. There is minor pain but when I run or jump my back pains.
Hi doctor, I m ash age 26 my back is paining too much since three days and I have taken some pain killer but nothing is affecting please help me?
I am having pain near around left side of my right knee veins since one week making it difficult for me to sit on floor or walk properly. The pain is only in and around left side of knee cap (not on joint) Sometimes the pain is unbearable and sometimes light but it has rarely stopped. Doc had suggested two blood tests. Results are as under: RF (serum) is 57.7 (Method: Immunoturbidimetric test) (20 considered normal) And Anti CCP is Less than 7 (Less than 17 is normal) (Method: Electro-Chemiluminescence) Is this RA? I am worried. Please advise.
I am 62 years old man having my right tibia fracture which has been operated with im nailing one year ago. Due to soft tissue infection the nail has been removed successfully and xray plate shows that reunion of my tibia has been done. My question is whether there is any possibility for further infection in the soft tissue.
My right leg has bend when I was playing. Now it is very painful. What I have to do? It was also happen in past.
Sir my age of 22 early morning I am wake up my body is pain predominantly shoulder and leg what should I do?
I am preparing for jobs .I am suffering from backlowerpain for prolong sitting and standing. What should I do?
Hello doctor, I'm suffering from foot drop I got this around 10 years ago when I was 5years old. I had a operation at that age and it was failed and my nerve was damaged due to it I got foot drop. Now I'm fine. I can move my toes but can't lift my foot. Please help me doctor please?
Our bones are composed of calcium deposits, and with age, the amount of deposits gradually reduce, leading to porous bones called in medical terms as osteoporosis - osteo for bone and porosis for porous. As the bones grow porous, they are more brittle and prone for fracture. In severe conditions, a person's limb length can also be altered, leading to stooped and shortened stature.
Osteoporosis is more common in females, especially after menopause, as there is a strong hormonal connection to osteoporosis. An advice for females post 40 is to include calcium and vitamin d supplements, thereby delaying the onset and reducing the severity of this condition.
Once it does set in, there are various medications available; however, as with most allopathic medications, there are side-effects. Well-known as it is, homeopathy treats the individual and not just the disease. Listed below are some common treatments, which improve calcium and phosphorus metabolism, reduce bone loss, and improve bone mass.
- Calcarea carbonica - This works well in patients who have issues with calcium absorption, get tired easily, are anxious and stressed out easily. Cold often worsens the pain and there could be swelling of joints and neck and back pain. There is also a strong craving for sweets in these people.
- Calcarea phosphorica - This works very well in cases where the spine has been affected. Patients with softened spine and curved body benefit very well from this. This also can be used where there is associated anemia and increased bone pain due to cold weather. At an emotional level, people with general dissatisfaction and a strong desire to travel and wanting a change of situations can also benefit from this.
- Calcaria iod - In addition to bone loss, where there is muscular and fat deficiency, this supplement has been proven to work well.
- Silicea (silica) - Delicate people who are often very nervous and get tired easily and have a low resistance to infection get benefited from this medication. The spine is the most affected, and there might even be fractures and pus or fistula formation. It helps in healing broken bones and removing bone splinters. This works well in cases where calcium assimilation is affected by improving calcium assimilation.
- Symphytum - Popularly known as 'knit bone,' this medicine is believed to help unite fractured bones very effectively by promoting strong callous formation. Not just new fractures, this also helps in patients who have pain in old healed or partially healed fractures.
To conclude, there are many remedies that can help treat osteoporosis and its consequences, the above being the few popular ones.