Find numerous Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Milind M. Navalakhe
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Milind M. NavalakheYour feedback matters!
Nose incorporates an intricate system of narrow passages and hollow, air containing spaces connecting to eyes and ears that enable us to inhale the air before it reaches our lungs. And the problem of sinus is directly linked with the nose. Basically, Sinus is a cavity within bones of face connected with nasal cavities and the main cause of sinus is allergies. But internally our nose has to suffer a lot when this problem occurs. But there are few tips that can be of great help during sinus. Let’s see them one-by-one
1. Drink plenty of water: While you are suffering from sinus, you must keep drinking water at short intervals because this won’t let the sinus get dry which is very essential for the treatment of sinus. Prefer taking lukewarm water.
2. Oregano oil: Adding few drops of oregano oil in water and having it 2-3 times a day for a week will provide relief when suffering from sinus and it will also make recovery faster.
3. Eat vitamin C: Eat citrus fruits which are rich in Vitamin C. Although some people avoid it thinking that it will aggravate the sinus problem but taking Vitamin C is helpful in sinus problem.
4. Fruit juice intake: Taking fruits juices also helps in thinning out mucus and preventing sinuses from blocking.
5. Warm compressor on face: Keeping warm compressor on your face will give relief from discomfort and will open blocked nasal passages.
6. Keep your head propped up while sleeping: Sleeping on a couple of pillows will be a good idea as it will help in proper breathing.
7. Spicy food intake: Taking too many spices is never a good idea but taking it in limits can actually solve many problems and one of them is clearance of sinus. Spices like mustard, hot pepper, curry and horseradish etc. helps in clearing sinus. It opens your nasal passages.
8. Hygiene: Hygiene is the first and foremost thing to be kept in mind when this problem occurs.
9. Humidifier: Keeping humidifiers in your room also helps in providing relief during sinus.
I am a female of about 49 years a vegetarian & a vocal music teacher. For last six months I feel throat problem. As soon as I start singing, within a minute, I feel dry cough and unable to sing.
I have been feeling heavy head and nausea, dizziness and blurriness in eyes since the last three days as I came from an outing. I had some weed back there, I guess it was mixed with something I was smoking. Usually the effect wears out but i'm still feeling this.
Hi I’m Dr. Rajeev Nangia, senior consultant ENT. Today I’ll be talking on a very important and common topic- Snoring. It is taken to be a very common thing but now it has been proved scientifically that there are a lot of bad effects of snoring too. It is caused by obstructive sleep apnea, whenever there are obstructions in the upper airway then there is a reduction in the oxygen levels to the body which leads to further effects on the body and can cause hypertension, diabetes, and weight gain and even affect your heart and can seldom lead to sudden death.
We should not ignore snoring but rather should always go for a complete ENT examination followed by a nasal endoscopy followed by a sleep test. It is nothing but while you’re sleeping we just attach some instruments and note the apnea and the hypopnea plus we note the oxygen levels and other things. So then we evaluate the severity of the sleep apnea whether it is in the mild, moderate or severe category. If it is mild then we can change our habits or we can reduce weight and other things, we can get over it.
Moderate or severe category can be a serious problem because sometimes people can have a daytime sleeping pattern and have a road accident which can be fatal. So for the moderate we have two things basically: we can either operate which is known as UPPP operation and or we can go for the BiPAPS but for severe category we have to go for the BiPAPS and for any other thing regarding snoring or its problems, you can consult me at this wonderful site called Lybrate or can consult ma directly online.