Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mety Sweety Prakash
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Mety Sweety PrakashYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and have been suffering from seizure since 2001 have tried various medication Tegrital 200, tegrital 500, Valparine 200, Valparine 500, Torvet 500 and now Torvet 1000 currently taking Torvet 2 times a days have not faced seizure for the past 1 year. Please advice what I need to do next Do I need to so all the test again as its been 10 years since I have done these tests Regards
Hi, I am 33 years old female working in office. I am suffering from numbness in my legs & arms sometimes while sitting in a same postures for 5-10 minutes. Am I suffering from any serious disease which is just started or something.
Good morning sir. Sir since few months when I try to write something I can't write properly because my hand vibrate I feel pain. So why it happen.
My vitamin B12 level is 232. It's range is 211-900. But my Dr. Says it should be above at least above 250. I have also few symptoms of B12 deficiency like numbness and tingling. Which medicine should I take? It should contain only vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)? Or It should contain vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) and folic acid? Does folic acid component required in vitamin B12 medicine?
I am a male and having the problem of SEIZURES since last 3 years. I really don't know how or neither the doctor clearly specify the reasons of its occurrence. But I don't had any earlier head injuries. The convulsions suddenly stopped as soon as I started the medicines but as on the doctor's advice, I have to continue the medicines for a long period. Some months earlier (nearly 2.5 years of medication) I just stopped the medicine. One month later, the convulsions again started occurring. I suddenly started my medicines but I was really amazed/upset with as I hardly expected that a continuous medication which I used to take daily for 2.5 yrs stopped for some moment and the same problem arises again. Other minor problems like lack of self-confidence, problem while talking, shivering or stretching/relaxing of face muscles at the time of fear etc all started during these times. Kindly help me.
Hi whenever my friend eat breakfast in the morning he gets headache? From last three years he has a migraine problem doctor prescribed him headset medicine but these days he is daily suffering from headache and have to take medicine. What can be the problem? How this can be cured? He is 25 years old weight is 69 kg.
Wrinkles and fine lines aren’t the only changes that occur with age; your sleep cycle is affected as well. It is a common misconception that the amount of sleep you need declines with age. Sleep needs remain constant throughout our adult lives but with age, people often find it increasingly difficult to fall asleep and have trouble staying asleep. Not getting enough sleep can trigger other conditions and hence it is essential to have a good night’s sleep.
Occupational therapy is often used to treat sleep disorders faced by elderly people. With the help of bedding management, sleep hygiene and choosing the right nightclothes they reduce involuntary napping and help patients regulate their sleep wake cycle. They also train patients on how to use equipment such as a sleep apnea machine to facilitate better quality of sleep. Analysing the problem is the first step by occupational therapist use to developing sleep routines. Here are a few common sleep problems that are experienced by people as they age.
- Insomnia: Wanting to go to bed earlier at night and waking up early in the morning is a normal effect of aging. With age, you may also feel the need for an afternoon nap to supplement your sleep. There are many conditions that could trigger insomnia in the elderly. Primary amongst these are stress, poor sleeping conditions, lack of exercise, side effects of medications, menopause and pain or medical conditions.
- Sleep apnea: Sleep apnea can be defined as breathing that stops for a few seconds or minutes while asleep. Along with age, being overweight also puts people at a risk of suffering from sleep apnea.
- Restless leg syndrome: The need to continuously move your leg is known as restless leg syndrome. This is often accompanied by throbbing, itching, pain, cramping or burning in the legs that can be relieved by movement. These symptoms are more acute at night make falling asleep difficult.
- Periodic limb movement disorder: Many people move their limbs while asleep without realizing it. With age, this condition can worsen with movements lasting for anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours through the night making him wake up tired and irritable.
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders: Circadian rhythm is the natural wake-sleep pattern followed by a person. With age, this pattern gets disturbed due to changes in hormone levels, activity levels and social activities. For many people this results in shorter sleep cycles and can cause sleep deficiency.
- REM behavior disorder: In very rare cases, people act out their dreams. Though this movement is uncontrolled, it differs from sleep walking as the person is most likely to remember the dream on waking up.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!