Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Mehul ShethYour feedback matters!
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long-term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long-term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of the patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss on this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
What is foot corn and what are the causes to occurs? Is it viral infection and how it can resolve to not occur again?
I have itchy dark blue colour patches on my sides of lower waist .they are so itchy that I am unable to control even during sleeping in the night .it gets worse as they get bigger in size .i consulted a local skin specialist. He said that it is the case of tivea incognito. He prescribed miconazole for 20 days and also advised me to take bath twice with an antifungal soap as I have to work in sweating condition .it was slightly improved but not completely gone so I again visited and he again prescribed terbinafine 250. Mg and hydroxyzine tabs for 20 days with terbinafine hydrochloride cream to apply on it and also fungal soap .again it did not helped too much so I again visited to the doc .so he changed tabs now with itraconazole 100 mg twice a day with tablets of multivitamin and minerals with same cream. And soap to apply on it .still after 20 days it was little bit cured as itching does not happen but when I stopped medication itching starts again and whole scenario repeated again .now please help. Me what to do .i am frustrated from past 6 months.
My penis is 4 inches long when erected and girth is less. Tell me to increase my penis to 6 inches long and more girth.
I am suffering from head ache sometimes during evening. I think its migraine. How to remove it. I want to be happy.
Hi, I am 22 yrs old, recently I had sex with my fiance on the 3rd and 4th day of periods using condom. Will I get pregnant? please help me . Thank you!
I am a thyroid patient. I take eltroxin 25 mg daily in morning . I feel very weak. Energy level is very low. Become irritating every time. Whole day feel sleep after plenty sleep . What should I do?
I am 35 year old I have problem of acidity, I take one table (RBX20) in two days other wise lots of burning in my chest. What should I do?
For most men, the decision to become circumcised is made for them, well before they are old enough to have any idea of what the procedure means. But for some men, adult circumcision might become necessary or preferable. Sometimes a man will practice the best penis care only to discover that something is wrong that needs to be corrected, such as a too-tight foreskin or other medical condition. And still others might choose that they want to undergo adult circumcision for aesthetic reasons. Whatever the reason, men should carefully weigh what adult circumcision means when it comes to penis sensitivity and health.
The circumcision debate
In any discussion of male circumcision, there is bound to be a lot of disagreement. Yes, there are advantages to circumcision, including a lower risk of penis cancer or urinary tract infections, less risk of transmission of certain sexual diseases, and a lower incidence of redness or inflammation of the skin, particularly the glans.
However, some will debate that any man can face these problems, and that circumcision isn't nearly as impressive as it might seem when it comes to the medical literature. There is even some question about penis sensitivity, and whether an intact penis is really more sensitive than a circumcised one. Some studies suggest that the idea of a more sensitive penis comes from cultural ideals and anecdotal evidence, but not from any verifiable difference in one penis over another.
Adult circumcision procedures
Whatever side of the debate a man falls on, sometimes adult circumcision becomes inevitable. For those who have certain medical conditions, circumcision might be a necessity. For those who are converting to a religion that requires circumcision, it might be seen as a necessity as well. And of course, there are men who simply want their penis to look a certain way, and circumcision might be a quick way to make that happen.
Regardless of the reason, there are several ways a man can go about adult circumcision:
1. In some cases, the foreskin can be removed by separating it gently from the penis head, cutting a small slit in the foreskin, and applying a clamp for a few minutes. When the bleeding has stopped, the doctor can then proceed to remove the foreskin completely.
2. In other cases, a doctor might use a 'bell method.' This includes using the clamp, but instead of then cutting through the skin, the doctor applies a small plastic bell that will stay on the foreskin for a certain length of time. This helps the foreskin fall off naturally.
3. Other types of foreskin removal might include various surgical procedures; this depends on what kind of medical condition might have sent the man to the doctor for the adult circumcision in the first place.
Preserving penis sensitivity
After the circumcision is performed, a man should follow his doctor's instructions exactly. This usually includes keeping the area very clean, keeping it covered with an appropriate gauze dressing, and understanding what the drainage from the healing wound should look like. A guy who has any signs of infection, excessive bleeding or serious pain should go back to the doctor to get checked out.
After the penis has healed, a man can take control of improving penis sensitivity with the use of a specially formulated penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème that includes vitamin B5 for maintenance of healthy tissue, L-arginine for increased blood flow (and thus better healing) and vitamin D for healthy cell function. But the most important ingredient is L-carnitine, an amino acid known for fighting peripheral nerve damage and keeping the penis sensitivity in tip-top shape.