Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mehul JoshiYour feedback matters!
My name mohsin my baby do ometing one he drink a milk need some solution and she have a fiver as well.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.
My new born baby has his feet turned inside by angle of 75what is proper method of treatment. Is plaster them only a solution or any other method of healing is there. Pls suggest me the right path. He is just a month old.
Hi doctor. Am a mother of 5 month old baby. I am very much worried about hitting his head on my head or shoulder and accidental hitting of his head with my elbow. Is there any problem with small hitting. And what about soft spot?
Health tips for kids that every mother should be aware of, to keep their children healthy:
You can't perform well when you don't feel good, true isn't. So the best way to improve child growth and performance is to make sure he/she follows healthy food habits at home. Make sure that your child eats plenty of salad and fruits along with regular meals.
In addition, right food combinations not only keep child healthy and active and also prevent many infections
It is really important to start the day with a healthy breakfast as after a night's sleep, our energy levels are really low. Breakfast refuels your body and gives you energy for the day. If our child had healthy breakfast in the morning, then he would feel energetic and will perform better in school.
Plenty of carbohydrates is just the ticket: try sandwich or bread, or corn flakes with milk or simply fruits.
Did you know that more than half of your weight is just water? so in order to be healthy, we need at least 7-8 glasses of liquid each day. So encourage your child to drink plenty of fluids. In addition, to water, you can give kids low-fat milk, buttermilk, fresh fruit juices and low-calorie beverages.
Our body needs around 40 different nutrients (such as vitamins and minerals) every day for good health. As there is no single food that contains them all, so it is important to balance our daily intake. The best way to stay healthy and get the right balance is to eat a wide variety of food each day.
A mother nowhere your responsibility becomes tougher, as you need to get more creative in cooking so that kids eat all varieties of food and have healthy snacks too.
Regular health check-ups of the child ensure child's well-being and also timely interventions can prevent a lot of health issues.
Make sure your child's immunisations are up to date. It is good that these days even schools are aware and they also ensure a child is immunised properly before giving admission.
Sleep is a vital need, as it promotes alertness, memory and performance. Children who get enough sleep are more likely to function better and are less prone to behavioural problems. A good night's sleep followed by food in the morning helps your child to stay active and concentrate better at school.
This generation is far more tech savvy than ours, nowadays even toddlers are well versed with mobile, tab functions. We can't completely keep them away from these gadgets.
But it is really necessary to cut back on their time for playing computer games and watching television before it takes a toll on their health.
Physical activity is really important part of child health tips. Encourage your child to get into some action each day like playing a sport or indulging in physical activity like running, swimming. For primary school children, 60 minutes of activity is recommended each day.
Hand-washing at regular intervals is one of the simplest and most effective ways to stay healthy. You can use hand sanitizers in case water is not available. School going kids can even keep sanitizers in their bag or desk. Teach your children to avoid sharing water bottles, food or other personal items, as these could be the source of infections in case other child is sick.
Also, ask your kids to cover mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing. Believe me, these general health tips for kids can avoid lot of infections and illness in children
Children learn a lot of things by imitating. Be it a toddler trying hands with father's shaving brush or a school going girl demanding for makeup kit since her mother uses that. Imitation and role modelling is quite common in childhood, so why not use it as a tool for introducing general health tips in children e. G- if you want your children to be more physically active then jump into action. You can play cricket, basketball with your kid. This technique will not only strengthen your bonding with the child but also child will develop tips for health easily.