Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mehul JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hi my baby is 2.5 months Will making him sleep on sides misshapen his head as said by the elders at home? Is breastfeeding while lying down safe?
My mom is 51 year old and she had done her ferritin, serum test. So I am providing the report i. E, 51.30 ng/ml bio ref interval- (10.00-291.00). Can you please let me know is it fine or not.
The reason why you suffer from bad health every now and then is due to your poor immune system. Whenever there is a change in weather and you are attacked by the flu virus, stop blaming the weather because it is actually your weakened immune system that has let you down. Same goes for the particular food you eat or the way you heal from your wounds rather slowly.
So, if you really want to boost up your immunity system, then you can take a cue from the books of Ayurveda. Ayurveda not only believes in healing the body but makes sure that the root cause is weeded out so that you stay healthy for a longer duration of time.
Let us see how Ayurveda develops your immune system so that you can withstand all kinds of emotional, physical and most importantly, environmental challenges.
- The first thing Ayurveda says is to stick to healthy and nutritious foods. That doesn’t mean, you can’t cheat once in a week, but make sure that you have a protein rich and less carbohydrate diet. Make sure your food is warm; neither hot nor cold when you consume it.
- Cold foods and drinks are harmful to your body because they affect the digestive system. Say no to any kind of aerated drinks.
- Avoid foods, which are oily and especially difficult to digest.
- Take care of your muscles and skin by massaging daily with sesame or sunflower oil. They help in rebuilding the tissues of your body.
- While taking a bath, apply some essential oils such as lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus or juniper oil in a tub of warm water. This will make you feel fresh and uplift your mood.
- While cooking, add some spices to your food, especially turmeric, cumin, coriander or cinnamon. These will increase the food value.
There are some suggestions made by Ayurveda:
- Make sure you get an adequate of 6-8 hours of sleep. Avoid sleeping less or oversleeping.
- Exercise regularly; yoga, walking, free hand exercises which will increase blood circulations in your body.
Finally, avoid negative thinking. Make sure you are infused with a positive spirit, no matter what the situation is. Doing this, you will stay physically and mentally spirited. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Every morning you may require your shot of coffee (or caffeine) to be wide awake, in the evening to lessen fatigue or at night to improve focus and concentration. But like every other thing, even coffee comes with its sweet spot. Research reveals that the appropriate caffeine intake per day should be about 500-600 mgs, which adds up to about 5 cups of coffee. When you cross this limit, coffee can have several unsavory effects on your body. Sample these.
1. Heightened sensory experience
A 2009 study by Durham University revealed that individuals who have about 3 cups of coffee are 3 times likelier to see things, hear voices as well as sense the presence of imaginary beings. Hallucinations are a result of the caffeine content in the coffee, which bring about an aggravation in the physiological effects of stress. The caffeine in coffee causes overproduction of cortisol (a stress hormone) leading to heightened sensory activities.
2. Too much coffee could end up making you fatter
A study published in a reputed journal revealed the links among caffeine, cortisol, and fat storage. It disclosed that caffeine has the propensity to significantly increase the levels of the stress hormone, cortisol. High levels of cortisol can bring about an increase in storage of fat around your mid-section, and can subsequently lead to obesity and other serious diseases like Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular ailments.
3. It can cause liver damage
Too much coffee can damage your liver. Results from a study indicate that individuals who consume about 2 or more cups of coffee every day were 50% likelier to develop chronic liver disease compared to individuals who drank less than a cup per day.
4. It can cause twitching of your muscles
Since coffee contains caffeine, too much of it can cause the muscles in your body to move erratically. This is because caffeine found in coffee is a natural stimulant, and can affect the nerves of your muscles adversely.
Whether it’s coffee or tea or even beer, moderation is the key to enjoying your favourite beverage to avoid the negative effects it can have on your health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
1. Rheumatic diseases such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
2. Fertility and gynecological disorders
3. Skin problems such as eczema and acne
4. High blood pressure (hypertension)
6. Anxiety and depression
7. Bronchial congestion caused by allergies and asthma
Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are few symptoms of whooping cough:
- Runny nose and frequent sneezing
- Cough accompanied by a whooping sound
- Frequent vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
Following are few simple steps offered by ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
- Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by ayurveda.
- Ginger juice: Ginger juice is a very effective remedy for curing whooping cough. You may mix the juice with honey or herbal tea.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in ayurveda.
- Cloves: Sometimes cloves can also offer very fast relief from continuous coughing.
- Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to ayurveda.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.