Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mehul Joshi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mehul JoshiYour feedback matters!
I've had vaginal itching for around two years now, as with most posts I've read I've been told it's just thrush but then I've been tested for that twice now and both tests came back negative. The GUM clinic said it could just be an allergy or thrush of the vulva (if that is even possible?). I have.
How can I reduce my tummy which is increased after my first delivery of child. I am worried about my airy tummy.
We had sex on 12 and her menses started on 7 and she bleeds for 4 -5 days .on date 15 she vomit having abdominal muscle cramps .body pain .susceptible to cold .constipation and no feeling for food .is she pregnant? And if yes then what should I do to avoid it?
Hello doctor I am 24 years old. I had pcod issue I had taken tablets for 4 months. And last month I had stopped taking tablets. I got my period on time this month. With normal bleeding. Last month I had improved my face condition with no dark circles and skin tone went back to original skin. As soon as I left my last tablet on 25th march my skin in few days became dull and dry and skin turned brown and also the dark circles around eyes have increased too much. The skim tone is also turning dull and dry. Why it is happening so? What do I do.
I am 25 year old. Mujhe ye Janna hai ki period ke Kitne bad aur Kitne din pehle safe sex Kar sakte hai. Taki pregnancy na ho.Please suggest.
It's been a few months since my periods are due. I am worried. Please tell me the best solution for this.
If my menstrual cycle is 31-33 days. On what day is my ovulation day. If I am trying for pregnancy. How can I plan for intercourse. Means which day we should make relations.
Hello Doctor, I am married for six month. After marriage all of sudden my periods started coming late like 2 or more then 2 months later. I consulted with a doctor now my periods are on time and my period date is 26 but last month I had intercourse on these dates 5,6,7,8,9,10 and I was expecting to be get pregnant but result was negative. I just want to know is there any problem in me. I'm so scared and one more thing that me and my husband doesn't live together due to our job.
It's anything, but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. In case you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy, at the time of a late period, it may be the case that or one of numerous different conceivable outcomes.
Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- Preganancy: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- Stress: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and non-essential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- Excessive exercise: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- Illness: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- Weight: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.