Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 70 years old male and I am having gas trouble for the past few years, especially in the morning at the time of getting out of my bed. I am advised to take Veloz M and Digeplex ready mix .Even then I find no improvement .I have undergone bypass surgery and thereby taking Ecosprin 75. Will this be a cause for the above said complaint? What is the remedy doctor?
Antral gastritis. Will it be cured by diet and medication? I am suffering from antral gastritis since last 2 years. Will it be ok? What should I do and what should I avoid? Kindly suggest me.
Diarrhea is never a pleasant experience especially for children. Thankfully, diarrhea does not last long. Loose common stools are the most recognizable symptom of diarrhea. This can often be accompanied by vomiting, nausea, cramps and dehydration. If your child also suffers from fever and weight loss or can see bloody mucus in their stool, you should contact your doctor at the earliest.
Some of the common causes of diarrhea in children are:
- Gastrointestinal infections - Viruses like rotavirus and parasites like giardia are the most common causes of diarrhea in children. This type of diarrhea can last from 5 to 14 days and can be cured with the help of laxatives and antibiotics.
- Food poisoning - Diarrhea caused by food poisoning usually lasts for not longer than 24 hours.
- Food allergies - Diarrhea is a common symptom of a food allergy. It usually stops once you stop eating whatever you are allergic to.
- Crohn's disease - This is a chronic inflammatory disease of the digestive system. With Crohn's disease, the loose stool is often accompanied by blood.
- Celiac disease - If your body cannot digest gluten, you may be suffering from Celiac disease.
Diarrhea is highly contagious. It can spread through:
- Dirty hands
- Contaminated food or water
- Direct contact with fecal matter
- Touching a contaminated surface
- Diarrhea on its own is not a very serious issue. However, it may cause dehydration which can lead to a number of further complications. Some of the signs of dehydration cased by diarrhea are dizziness, dry mouth, dark urine, dry skin and lack of energy. Thus if your child is suffering from diarrhea, give him plenty of water and lots of rest.
To protect your child against diarrhea, all you need are a few lifestyle Ensure your child washes their hands well before and after-
Caring for Your Child at Home:
- Make washing hands after using the toilet a part of toilet
- Make sure your child drinks plenty of fluids.
- Do not feed them foods that seem to trigger diarrhea.
- Wash your hands often, especially after each diaper change, to avoid spreading bacteria in the home.
- You should continue breast-feeding when your baby has diarrhea. Breast milk can help ease symptoms of diarrhea and speed up recovery.
- Continue your child's regular diet and give more liquids to replace those lost while the diarrhea continues if there are no signs of dehydration.
- Use an oral rehydration solution (ORS) to replace lost fluids in non-dehydrated children.
- Keep all bathroom surfaces clean. It is also a good idea to flush the toilet only after the lid has been lowered.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating
- Wash all utensils that have come in contact with raw meat well before using them for anything else.
- Keep all raw meats refrigerated or frozen. Once meat has been defrosted, do not freeze the raw meat again.
- Food cooked like boiled, fried or those which can be peeled e.g. boiled egg, banana, orange, boiled rice, etc. can be eaten when out of home.
- Teach your child to only drink from purified sources of water.
- Do not wash pet utensils in the same sink used for cooking vessels and food items.
- Keep an eye on what your child eats to heck if they may be allergic to anything.
I have acidity. How to control it ,which medicine is better? I used 3 month tablets daily but not reduced.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.
My husband is diagnosed with fatty liver. What are the possible reason for the same and the best possible remedy.
I have a problem of gas for 4 to 5 year or since delivery how to get relief from it (i get up at 8 clock n after 1 hour I eat something but still I feel like gas all day)
I am a male of 54 years of age . Please just advise me the best treatment of IBS I am suffering from decades .it causes weakness and embarrassment too. I go to toilet 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 times . Even colonoscopy and endoscopy is ok. Then what is the problem. May it be due to mental worries.
Hello My son is having diarrhea from past 3 days. He is passing more than 20 stools in a day. Earlier the color was black now it is greenish with mucous. We have consulted a homeopathy doctor and she has prescribed aloes200. Podo 200 and merc cor. For dysentery. Is it the correct medication since we are taking this from 3 days. He had fever also of 103 degree which has now reduced to 98.6. Only the frequency of stools has not reduced. We are confused if we should take him to allopathy for immediate relief or will it heal through homeopathic treatment.
I watch pin worms in my toilet and I have to go 2 times toilet but before I never go 2 times and my abdomen is also upset. What should I do?
Hello I have a shameful problem. I have a big painful sometimes itchy lump on the hole of my ass, I don't know what it is or what to do about it. It's just 1 lump on 1 place, not around the whole it look more dark and red. Its thick round and big. What could it be and what can I do about it?
Hello doctor im 24 years old n im having gastric ulcers since many days .im getting sour liquid coming out n puking type feeling. I felt dizzy n checked my bp was 170/110 .is ulcer the reason high bp? Or there may be some other reason?
I have headache whenever I have acidity. Why this happens? What is the remedy at that time? Antacids do not alleviate my problem majority of the time.
Am suffering with gas problems. On and half of am taking Zandu Pancharista. What would be the permanent solution. Is there any home made remedies for gas problems. Kindly suggest. Regards Ajit.
Cystitis is a condition which is characterized by bladder inflammation that is usually a result of bladder infection. This disorder is very common among women. The condition tends to get better in a few days without any treatment. In case of chronic cystitis, long term treatment may be required.
Common symptoms include excessive urination (may be dark in color) and a burning pain during urination. One might feel generally unwell, tired and may experience cramps in the lower abdomen. In case of children, there may be a rise in the body temperature, coupled with weakness and vomiting.
- Engaging in sex (irrespective of whether one is using protection or not) can result in this condition.
- Inserting objects such as tampons into the urethra to release the bladder can most definitely result in this condition.
- Using contraceptive measures such as diaphragm.
- It occurs when bacteria which is present in the bowel or on the skin comes in contact with the bladder via the urethra. Women are at an increased risk as their urethra is shorter and the anus is close to the urethra.
Homeopathy and Cystitis
Homeopathy is a system of treatment that is natural and holistic. It does not have any side effect like the other conventional treatments. The various homeopathic remedies for cystitis are –
- Cantharis: Cantharis is a homeopathic remedy that is very effective in treating infections. In case of bladder inflammation and pain while urinating, this remedy is preferred. For cystitis with an inflamed bladder as the root cause, this remedy is very effective.
- Apis Mellifica: In case of chronic bladder infection, Apis Mellifica is administered. It cures the inflammation and also gets rid of the swelling. This also helps in relieving any burning symptom that you may experience while passing urine.
- Staphysgaria: Staphysgaria is a homeopathic remedy which is used to treat symptoms of cystitis that include a sharp pain in the urethra accompanied by involuntary discharge of urine. There may also be a constant urge to urinate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.