Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mehul BhattYour feedback matters!
I am 46 year old detected type 2 diabetes in the year 2003, taking allopathic treatment also tried lot of Ayurvedic treatment. Now allopathy and homeopathy treatment is in progress, however my sugar level are not in limit and hb1c is about 7to8, fasting sugar is in the range of 120 to 150 and post meal sugar level in in the range of 180 to 260. Recently I am facing gaseous problem. along with diabetes treatment I am taking allopathic tablets for BP and cholesterol. Pl advise me how I can control my sugar level.
Sir as my exams are approaching I m very much depressed and feel uncomfortable all the time. I even do not able to sleep at night properly. Please help me.
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area).
A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
What are the causes and triggers?
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
- Cluster headache
- Tension-type headache
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
Doctors focus on determining whether a headache has another cause. They also check for symptoms suggesting that a headache is caused by a serious disorder. If no cause is identified, they focus on identifying which type of a headache is present.
Tips that could help before seeking consultation:
- Try to keep stress in check. Stay organized and prepared to minimize stressful situations. Have some fun, and don't overdo it at work.
- Try incorporating meditation or yoga in your daily regime
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Apply an ice pack wrapped in a towel to the neck.
- Practice good posture to ease muscle strain. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When to seek consultation?
In people with headaches, certain characteristics are cause for concern; these people should immediately seek medical consultation:
- It occurs more frequently than usual
- Are more severe than usual
- Worsen or don't improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter drugs
- Prevent you from working, sleeping or participating in normal activities
- Headaches that cause you distress, and you would like to find treatment options that enable you to control them better
- Tenderness at the temple (as when combing hair) or jaw pain when chewing
- The presence of cancer or a disorder that weakens the immune system
- Use of a drug that suppresses the immune system
- Red eyes and halos seen around lights
- If you are experiencing certain other symptoms like- headaches that increase in frequency or severity, headaches that begin after age 50, worsening vision, weight loss
A headache can be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a stroke, meningitis or encephalitis. Go to a hospital emergency room or your local emergency number if you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache or a headache accompanied by:
- Confusion or trouble understanding speech
- Fainting, drowsiness, confusion
- High fever, greater than 102 f to 104 f (39 c to 40 c)
- Numbness, weakness or paralysis on one side of your body
- Stiff neck
- Trouble seeing, speaking or walking
- Nausea or vomiting (if not clearly related to the flu or a hangover)
If people with none of the above symptoms or characteristics start having headaches that are different from any they have had before or if their usual headaches become unusually severe, they should call a doctor.
Doctors can usually determine the type or cause of headaches based on the medical history, symptoms, and results of a physical examination. Depending on their other symptoms, the doctor may advise taking an analgesic or ask them to come for an evaluation.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Endocrinologist.
My mom has severe head ache sometimes and some times she does not get sleep what should we do to over cum this problem?
I get freckles on the head of my penis. Initially I thought it was friction burn but since Im not circumcised when I rolled down the skin, there were similar freckles beneath the head on the sides and white deposits. Is it any fungal infection?
My ear is paining. When I put buds in my ear, my ear is paining. Like air closed in ear. Can you help me?
I'm 19. I want to increase my penis size. What should I do? And how can I make it strong and last longer? I masturbate several times a week. Pls help em' out Ty.
Premature ejaculation also know as sighraskhalan is second most common problem men suffer all over the world. Because of this problem wife suffers in silence. But now with newer medicine start its effect on premature ejaculation in a less than a week and can be cure for ever in most of the cases. I have seen person can hold his ejaculation for half an hour also.
Hello, I was suffering from phimosis problem so had to get circumcision done in 2012. My penis has become very sensitive from then and I have got pre mature ejaculation problem. Within a minute or 2 I am ejaculating while having sex. Before circumcision it was much better. Is there any cure for this?
Flow of urinating has become slow. In the process the frequeny has been increased. Checked sugar level. Sugar is within the limit. It may be a prostate problem. Is surgery must. If so after surgery noraml life can be performed.
I had stone pain in the month of April and I took stone crasher, an ayurvedic medicine to get relieved but after that I lost interest in sex and also lost excitement means no full erection. One change in my routine was joining the gym and took protein and fat cutter as advised by trainer. I am having stress also now a days. Please advise me what to do now?
I have touched my penis and there is no sperm or pre ejaculation and I have fingered my gf for 30 secs can she get pregnant? And she was at the last day of her periods? I am mentally disturbed please help. Sir and I think there may be some dried semen while I touched my penis does it cause pregnancy sir? Please help?
Here are Symptoms,Transmission and Diagnosis of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
Infants Topic Diarrhoea
When if one frequently passes watery stool that have no lumps in them look out for other symptoms of diarrhoea. These can include vomiting, fever, and sometimes blood or mucus in your baby's stool
Newborns pass stool freq, so you may worry that your baby has diarrhoea when in fact one pass stool that are normal for her age.
Also, how often your baby does a stool will depend on whether she's being breast or formula-fed.
Here are more signs of normal motion:
The stool of breastfed newborn babies is usually yellowish and on the soft or liquid side. Your baby may fill nappy up to five times daily.
Sometimes a breastfed baby will pass motion during or immediately after each breastfeeding session. This happens because as her stomach fills up, the milk stimulates her entire intestinal tract, prompting a bowel movement.
Within a month, most breastfed babies do one or two poos a day.
Causes of diarrhoea?
The most common cause of diarrhoea is a virus called rotavirus
Rotavirus causes an infection of the gut called gastroenteritis. The infection damages the inner lining of your baby's intestine, allowing fluid to leak and food to pass through without any nutrients being absorbed. In some cases, rotavirus can lead to a serious bowel infection and dehydration.
A vaccine against rotavirus will be offered as part of your baby's routine immunisations when she is eight weeks and again when she is 12 weeks.
Diarrhoea can also be caused by:
Allergies (find out more about milk allergy and intolerance and food allergies)
Enzyme deficiencies, although these are rare
How should care during baby's diarrhoea?
Make sure that your baby drinks plenty of fluids to help ease her symptoms and prevent dehydration.
If your baby is taking breast or formula feeds best than
You can try your baby with sips of oral rehydration solution (ors) a few times an hour.
An ors helps to replace the fluids and salts your baby loses because of the diarrhoea. Keep giving water and usual breastfeeds
Don’t give her fruit juices, glucose drinks and fizzy drinks. Unabsorbed sugar draws water into the intestine and can make diarrhoea worse
Don’t give your baby anti-diarrhoeal medicine. It must not be given to children under 12 years old, as it could cause serious side-effects
To prevent your baby passing on her diarrhoea to other children, keep her away from childcare or nursery until at least 48 hours after her last diaeroohea
Breastfed babies less likely to get diarrhoea?
Yes. Certain elements in breastmilk can inhibit the growth of the germs that cause diarrhoea
Should stop giving solid foods in diaerrohea?
No. If your child is six months or older, unless she is vomiting frequently, you can still give her solids.
You could try foods such as bananas, rice, apple puree, and dry toast if your baby has recently started solids.
For an older toddler you could try small amounts of chicken and starchy foods, such as mashed potatoes and pasta.
But don't worry doesn't want to eat. It's more important that drinks to avoid dehydration
When should call the doctor?
Diarrhoea can be worrying if it lasts for more than a few hours, but it will usually clear up on its own. If your child has loose, watery stools for more than a couple of days, call your doctor
The biggest concern with diarrhoea is fluid loss, so don't delay in showing your pedatiaric if your baby shows these signs:
Dry skin or lips
A sunken fontanelle
Discoloured hands and feet
Strong yellow motion
Fewer wet nappies than usual
Shows the following secondary symptoms:
Vomiting which lasts more than 24 hours
Fever that lasts longer than 24 hours
Refusal to drink
Blood in motion
A swollen tummy
How to decrease baby’s discomfort?
Cuddle and comfort as much as possible, and keep her dry. Use care and tenderness when changing nappies since it's easy for a baby's bottom to become sore with diarrhoea. Use a barrier cream to prevent irritation if the diarrhoea lasts more than a day.
How prevent baby from getting diarrhoea again?
Proper hygiene can help reduce the chance of diarrhoea, because the germs that cause it can be easily passed from hand to mouth. So wash your hands thoroughly with soap after handling soiled nappies or using the toilet.