Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mehul BhattYour feedback matters!
How to solve uric acid crystals in my left heel permanently as soon as possible! Its been about 5 months.
I rise from bed at 9 o' clock at every morning. I am suffering from stomach problem or digestion problem from last 2 years. Every morning I take breakfast at 9: 30 and I have to go to toilet immediately after breakfast though I have done it before taking breakfast. I have to go to toilet at night also after dinner. I eat cucumber after dinner. Have tablets and liver tonic but the problem is not solved. My evacuate is type of mix with fat or oil. Please suggest me what to do.
I am 22 years old. Have tremendous headache. Taken crocin and steam inhalation. But no recovery. Has cronic bronchial problem.
I'm suffering from PCOD. So I'm having allot of facial hair. Constantly loosing weight. Feel tired/weakness always. Suggest me what should I do.
What does thread mill test show I took an echo scan should I take a thread mill test if my echo scan is normal.
Hi Doctor, Semen Analysis Details are as Follows: 1. Sperm Count: 54Mill/ml 2. Total Motility: 35% 3. Sperm Morphology: Normal Forms: 5% and overall defects: 95% Would like to understand whether the above tests are normal and will the above reports are sufficient for Natural conceiving.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.
How can remove diabetes and which type of eat food in diabetes please I req because my dad also in diabetes.
More than 20 prospective studies have addressed components of diet and the risk of heart disease.
The type of fat consumed appears to be more important than the amount of total fat.
Trans fatty acids increase risk of heart disease while polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats decrease risk.
There is a controversy about whether it is optimal to substitute saturated fats with carbohydrates. An increase in carbohydrate tends to reduce the level of good high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol in addition to total and low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. Thus, the reduction in heart disease risk may be less than predicted by the reduction of saturated fat alone.
Observational studies have consistently shown that individuals consuming diets high in vegetables and fruits, which are rich in antioxidant vitamins, had a reduced risk of heart disease.
Results of a number of randomized trials are now available and show largely no significant clinical benefits of antioxidant vitamins on heart disease.
Supplemental vitamin C, E, and beta carotene cannot be recommended in the primary prevention of CHD.
Taking supplements without clinical benefits could, in theory, increase the risk if individuals mistakenly avoid therapeutic lifestyle changes or drug therapies with proven benefits.