Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 but i looks like 25, i think its because of alcohol and smoking that i used in exess. Also first my skin colour was very much fair but now a days it has become dark and dotted(not a smooth skin). So can you please tell me how to get BACK my previous look again.Also how to remove black dots and scars?
Acne Vulgaris, commonly known as acne is a type of chronic skin condition which occurs when the hair follicles of the skin become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Characterized by blackheads, pimples, whiteheads and greasy skin, acne can also cause scarring. Typically, acne which cause pimples tend to develop on the back, chest, shoulders but mostly on the face and neck.
Causes and symptoms of pimple scars:
Although the actual cause of acne is uncertain, medical professionals have reason to believe that an increase in the level of androgen triggers pimples. On the other hand, scarring due to pimples are a result of the presence of inflamed lesions. Such inflamed lesions when gorged with surplus oil, bacteria and dead skin cells cause swelling and an eventual rupture in the follicle wall which leads to scarring. The extent of the scar has a direct relationship with the rupture. That is to say, the deeper the rupture, the bigger the scar.
In actuality, the formation of scars is involved in the normal healing process of the skin. The skin cells in order to mend the damage caused by the ruptured pimples, forms fresh collagen fibers which are fibrous proteins that impart flexibility and strength to the skin. The resultant repair which are very rarely smooth and unblemished are referred to as scars.
Treatment of pimple scars:
- Fractional Radiofrequency treatment is a highly effective method of reducing or removing pimple scars from skin. The radio frequency does not cause much damage to upper layers of skin, but effectively breaks down the scar tissue.
- Lasers are alternative and are little less painful. This treatment involves the use of skin resurfacing lasers.
- Fillers are another form of treatment which fill the indentations left remaining from dense pimple scars. Hardly any down time with this but are expensive in the long run.
- Scar reduction surgery is meant to minimize the scar so that it is more consistent with your surrounding skin tone and texture.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hello, actually I have dark spots on my face, I want a clear skin, so is Aloe vera gel useful for removing dark patches from d face? If not den please suggest some helpful remedy to get a spotless skin. Thank you.
Can I use tea tree facewash three times first I use the facewash at morning and then I used at 10: 30 and then at night.
* Oily ? shiny all over most of the time
* Dry to normal ? feels tight and gets dehydrated after a few hours
* Dry ? especially around the cheek area and usually feels and looks dehydrated
I have been having a few eczema like patches on my leg for a couple of years, I have undergone treatment from a noted Dermatologist, the itching has persisted though not spread. Please advice
Question is for wife My wife is having a black patches on her cheeks and above nose, this was started after she delivered a baby boy from one year ago. How it is happen and is it permanent please suggest Is there any treatment in homeopathy or ayurveda. Now she can not attend any function due to this.
I am 24 year old female nd hve dark circles (severe) I hve consulted dermatologist for the same nd medicine nd cream prescribed by her does not work effectively nd really worried hve tried home remedies as well but seems like all my efforts r futile. Plzzz hlp me to reach the solution (i dnt hve any bad habit like smoking or drinking even getting 8 hrs of sleep nowadays)
Lips are looking black whn they r dry they r looking very bad. Wt I shud apply to get my lips colour pink.
Hi I have lot of pimple marks which is black in colour and I have a dandruff also please suggest a remedy for it.
I have chickenpox marks on face on face, even after two years so What should I do so that they get removed easily quickly?
Sir, I am 24 years old man. My name is suresh The hair on my face is growing in unwanted area also like beside the nose. On my total cheeks hair is growing. I want just saving. How to remove that unwanted hair permanently pls sir advice me. My face is oily face.
Hi I have freckles all over my face, acnes comes out because I have oilly skin, n if I pinch those acnes I got a blackheads on that spot on my face. I just want to clear my skin nothing else. Help me.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.