Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mehta
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MehtaYour feedback matters!
Improving the digestive system – When the colon is cleansed, it pushes out the undigested waste from the system and improves digestion.
Helps in prevention of constipation – Constipation is chronic and can cause a sluggish response in digestion which in turn leaves the wastes in the system for a longer time.
Increase of energy – When toxins are released from the body one feels rejuvenated as energy is refocused from forcing wastes through the intestines and from other parts of the body.
Increasing the absorption of vitamins and nutrients – When the colon is detoxified, it allows the essential nutrients to be filtered into the bloodstream.
Improving concentration – When one has ineffective vitamin absorption and a poor diet they are often distracted and lose their concentration.
Kick-starts weight loss – With the help of colon cleansing weight loss is aided greatly and one can lose upto 20 pounds in a month.
Colon cancer risks are decreased – Most of the toxins we eat, breathe in or drink are absorbed and processed by the gastrointestinal system including the liver. They need to be forced out from the colon and the liver as quickly as possible or the body system is affected.
Fertility increase – When one increases their fiber intake and healthy food diet, colon cleansing is done more regularly and that helps to rid the body of unwanted toxins and chemicals which can affect the health of the sperm and the egg.
PH balance is maintained – Food that block out the colon is acid forming and that throws the pH levels out of balance.
Improving the feeling of well being – When the colon is rid of toxins and wastes that in turn leads to strength, a feeling of lightness and a general feel good factor.
Colon cleansing is important for the system as well as for the skin. When the impurities are removed from the body it enhances the beauty of the outer skin. When the colon does not function properly, one may suffer from different digestive problems and ailments. Food that consists of fiber and are soluble will aid in digestion and to fight constipation. The colon cleansing food items need to be added to one’s diet.
Top ten foods that help to cleanse the colon are:
Citrus fruits like lemon are good for cleansing the system. A glass of lemon juice every morning will help to detoxify and cleanse the system.
Consuming green leafy vegetables like spinach will help to clean the colon and protect the digestive tract from different ailments.
3. Broccoli Sprouts
These are known to be beneficial for cleansing the liver and aiding in digestion along with cleansing the colon.
4. Fruit Juices
One needs to make fruit juices a part of their daily diet as it helps in cleansing the colon with their rich content of fiber, enzyme and cleansing salts.
This spice is not only heart healthy but this pungent ingredient in most dishes is beneficial for cleansing the colon.
Unlike animal meat, fish meat is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and other essential oils that help to cleanse the system and improve digestion.
This beneficial fruit is rich in omega-3 fatty acid and oils that help to lubricate the walls of the intestines. That in turn prevents the toxins from sticking to the walls and they get flushed out.
8. Whole Grains
Whole grain food items like bread, pasta and flour are rich in fiber, low in calories and cholesterol. They enable colon cleaning and aid in better digestion.
Lentils and kidney beans are known to aid digestion and cleanse the colon for which they need to be made part of one’s diet.
10. Green Tea
If you wish to detox your liver as well as lose weight, you need to consume green tea.
Holi is one of the most enjoyable festivals in India. It is one that everyone looks forward to and is usually known as the festival of colours because we use colours and coloured water to douse our friends and family in a great display of pomp and show. Also, we tend to get doused and remain that way for many hours, mostly in the sun. As such, Holi can also take a toll on our skin by causing discolouration, rashes and insensitivity. So what should one do in order to avoid coming down with bad skin the day after Holi? Here are our secrets, which will leave you with shining skin even after you have had a great time at the festivities!
- Hydration: It is very important to keep yourself well hydrated before you plunge into the festivities. Remember to drink lots of water and ensure that you have a bottle in hand so that you can easily fill up on fluids even as you enjoy yourself with all the sun rays and the colours. This will ensure that your skin does not become too dry.
- Full sleeve clothing: Another good idea to keep your skin protected is to wear full-sleeved clothing so that you do not tan indiscriminately and you do not end up with too much discolouration and rashes on your skin. Wear light fabrics that will dry fast so that the water does not get absorbed by the clothing and into your skin. This will keep your skin relatively dry, even if you enjoy yourself for hours at an end. Avoid synthetics clothes and denim as they would stick to your skin.
- Organic colours: With the whole world going the organic way, why should our Indian festivals remain behind? So, you can now opt for organic colours that have been produced in a safe way with safe ingredients. These natural pigments will ensure that you do not have to scrub and endure rashes and irritation after the festival. It is a good idea to opt for such colours, which can be washed off easily and are bereft of synthetic materials that can harm the skin in the long run. This can also help in avoiding problems like eczema and other skin conditions.
- Oil your hair: India is a land of rich cosmetic tradition. No matter which direction you look in, you will always find that you have a weapon of choice in terms of oils and other ingredients that are absolutely great for keeping your skin and hair in good shape. So our advice is to oil your hair well, preferably with coconut oil, olive oil, or vitamin E oil, so that the colours and the water does not get absorbed onto your scalp. This will also help in keeping your hair moisturised as the colours can make the strands very dry. Always oil the whole body before playing holi.
- Lips: Apply plenty of lip balm before joining the play of colours.
- Nails: Apply a thick coat of dark nail paint before Holi.
It is important that you must apply oil behind your ears, between your finger tips and even near your fingernails. It is ideal that you don't wax or thread or do any facial treatment, at least, three-four days ahead of Holi. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.