Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MeghnaYour feedback matters!
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?
I Want to get conceive. I had periods last month 27 after that we had sex on my 4th day with slight bleeding but now I am getting slight pricking pain in my abdomen can you kindly tel why is this doctor.
My period was on 23rd Oct n I had a sex on 6 nov and I had I pill after half an hour of sex. Is there a chance of pregnancy.
I m 22 years college girl. My Weight is 67 I always have a delay period problem. But few month back I m suffering from a breasts pain in lower side in my periods days. I really painful. please help me.
Can we go with hysterectomy when suggested by Dr but the patient n is 125kg and hypertensive and hypothyroid and age is 53 please advice.Thank you.
Hello doctor, I want to ask a question regarding freind that last week friend come to my house and we both intimate I just fingered in her vagina little harder nd from that day wheneverwe do phone sex dere is a kind of pain in her vagina can you pls tell me is dere any problem nd secondly can hymen broke with finger? How to chk dat hymen is nit broken.
Dear Doctor, Me & my wife are planning for a baby. She had her periods this month 12th sep however we had intercourse two days prior to her ovulation & continued intercourse from 23 til 27th sep. My question is within how many days can we find out she's pregnant. Used KY gel for intercourse also there was white discharge after sex the white discharge decreased unlike last time there was more curdy discharge. I noticed from two days early morning around 3 am she say she wants to go to pee which unusual she never goes to pee that time. Are there chances for her to be pregnant. Kindly advice.
My periods got delayed by 15 days every month. Is it normal? Also I have facial hair and noticed spotting recently.
Sir, I suggested by the doctor to do a pregnancy test for her at early morning by urine and my question is shall we do sex before that night? And my wife's body temperature is always hot please help me out.
I am suffering from cough and cold regularly since 3 years in every 20 days period helpless no solutions getting from doctors properly What can I do?
Hi. I am 31 year female having problem in conceiving. I have balanced translocation of 2 and 4 with large break points. Kindly suggest what can be done in my case. I am trying to conceive from 4 years.
• avoid overeating during festive season as its just not the quantity but the intake of calories. Too many calories may lead you to gain weight.
• keep your body hydrated enough.
• avoid eating too much sweets, oily and spicy preparations.
• plan your meal in such a way that the festive specialities should be your lunch so that rest day's activities can burn your extra calories.
• and don't forget to have healthy breakfast and dinner as light as possible in festive season so as to manage extra calories.
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.
What is the perfect timing of sex. When my wife's monthly period start 4feb. I want to conceive so please tell me.
My friend, s wife has undergone several abortion at interval of 1/2 to 1 year. This time again she did it in request of a mail child. But this time after abortion, bleeding is not stopping completely. Doctor has given a 20 day medicine to take without failing any day but even after 15 day bleeding is coming after gap of 2days, please advise.
Hi Doctor! I have 4 months baby giving him Lactogen1 according to Doctor suggestion but day by day I'm putting on weight before pregnancy my weight was 61 kg & now it's 78 kg I want to reduce back my weight I'm doing walking & aerobics but my legs & Abdomen will pain so pls suggest me.
In pregnancy when I do sex, my wife can't conceive, she enjoy all foreplay but nowadays insertion of penis is not working from her side (vagina not large at this time) Is that happened in pregnancy time or its happening in only my case?
So your new year’s resolution is to eat healthier. Yayy! but let’s be real, changing your eating habits can be difficult. But never fear because we are determined to help you make this the year you stick to it! here are 10 easy ways to follow through with your healthy eating resolution while also having a lot of fun along the way.
#1. Choose a method of eating healthy that is enjoyable, sustainable, and works with your lifestyle.
I can’t stress this enough: the reason why so many diets fail is because they aren’t enjoyable or sustainable. When we try quick fixes like restricting, juice cleanses, or eating cabbage soup all day, we just end up feeling hungry, tired, and deprived, which leads us back to the unhealthy habits we were trying to overcome in the first place. So how do we avoid this trap? find a method of healthy eating that is sustainable and works for your lifestyle. For some people, this means following a framework like paleo or clean eating. For others, it might mean skipping the diet label all together and just eating real food. There is no such thing as a magical one-size-fits-all diet and different methods work for different people. Just make sure that whatever approach you take is one you will actually enjoy and be able to maintain over time.
#2. Identify why and rise up to the challenge.
As I mentioned, changing eating habits can be really hard. Get over the hurdle by identifying why you feel the need to change your eating habits. Is it to have more energy? clearer skin? more self-confidence? whatever your reason may be, write it down and refer back to it when you feel like giving up. Accept the fact that yes, this is going to be a challenge. Commit to it wholeheartedly and remind yourself you are worth it.
#3. Educate yourself.
When we understand the way food impacts every aspect of our lives, it becomes a lot easier to make healthy choices. Check out books like grain brain and salt sugar fat.
#4. Meal plan.
As the old saying goes, “when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” meal planning is a great way to set yourself up for success. Set aside an hour or two of time every week to plan your meals, grocery shop, and do some basic food prep. When you invest time and money into this plan, you are much more likely to be successful and stick to it!
#5. Make enough at dinner so you have leftovers for lunch.
This one goes hand-in-hand with meal planning. When mapping out dinners for the week, plan to make recipes that will create leftovers for lunch the next day. This will save you time in the kitchen and help you stay on track the next day too!
#6. Get rid of the junk.
Make your environment work for you, not against you. This means getting rid of all the junk food in your house that will only tempt you and derail your good intentions. See no junk, eat no junk!
#7. Find healthy food you actually love.
Eating healthy does not mean eating salad all day. It should and can be delicious! focus on healthy foods that you actually enjoy. Some of my favorites are avocado toast with a poached egg, brown rice tortilla pizzas, and chocolate banana ice cream.
#8. Discover healthy restaurant options.
Many eateries are starting to focus on healthy options. Hallelujah! if you love the experience of dining out, explore healthy options in your neighborhood like vegan or farm-to-table restaurants.
#9. Try batch cooking.
Part of staying on track is planning ahead for those days you know you will be ridiculously busy with no time to cook. Make up a specific food like chicken breasts or a recipe like soup at the start of the week and then divide it into portions so you have meals ready to grab-and-go when life gets busy.
#10. Get friends and family on board.
Eating healthy becomes a lot easier when you have the support of friends and family, so invite them to join you on this journey. Create a recipe share, have a crock pot party, take turns making meals for each other, and have weekly check-ins to hold each other accountable.