Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meghna
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MeghnaYour feedback matters!
A healthy, balanced diet is important for any person for leading a healthy life. However, it is quite likely for you to get bored with the same dietary pattern.
Here are some changes you can make to your regular healthy diet to make it more interesting.
Change your way of cutting: Cutting the vegetables for your salad in the same way using your chopping board makes your diet look boring. You can change the way you cut the vegetables to make it more exciting. You can try stick forms, grating and shaving techniques instead of regular chopping. You can also food-process the vegetables to change their texture.
Add your own ingredients to existing salad recipes: You may try adding cooked vegetables with raw vegetables, by chopping each vegetable into a different pattern. A simple change in the cutting technique and mixing some vegetables will make your meals more attractive.
Dressings, Dips and Sauces: Dips and sauces are one of the best ways to liven up your meals. You can add any kind of fresh dip, sauce or dressing to a vegetable meal. This would transform the entire taste of the meal. Mixing varieties of dips will enable you to create tastier and creamier dips, which can be used in many ways. Dips enable you to lead a healthy lifestyle along with tasty meals. Dips and sauces can be used as a salad topping or dressing, can be applied over hot vegetables and be used in various other forms. They also make the meal more bulky. Such dips can be prepared at home or can be bought from stores. You can carry them while you travel to enjoy extra tasty but healthy meals everywhere you go.
Try new food items: Experimenting with ingredients and introducing new foods in your diet add variety and cut the monotony. You should try ingredients which you never used before. There are lots of different fruits and vegetables in the market to choose from. You should visit different grocery stores, markets and gourmet stores in order to find new food items. Nowadays, a huge variety of fruits and vegetables is available.
Use Herbs and Spices: You can totally change the look of a meal by adding fresh herbs or spices. Using different herbs and spices enables you to change the taste of existing recipes. Herbs such as mint, coriander, basil, parsley and others can enhance your salad’s taste. Spices blend in all kinds of preparations to produce new taste and smell. Try different spices and herbs to get delightful results.
You can spice up your regular healthy meals in many different ways. This makes your meals tastier and more attractive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
What is gastro endoscopy?
Gastroendoscopy is the visualisation of the oesophagus (aka food pipe), stomach, upper part of duodenum through a gastro-endoscopy. It is also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy and upper gi gastro-endoscopy.
Gastroendoscopy is an outpatient procedure which means the patient can go home straight after the completion of this procedure.
What is a gatroendoscope?
Gastroendoscope is a highly sophisticated instrument which is having a shaft of 9mm in diameter. It has got a fibre optic bundles passed through the shaft to transmit the light to the tip and the image to the endoscopist.
The adaptation of endoscopes to video monitoring system has been developed to use in computer chip technology and now it is in routine use in all endoscopy suites.
What are the symptoms which could suggest the requirement of a gastro endoscopy?
- Acid regurgitation
- Dysphasia (difficulty in deglutition)
- Water brash (watering regurgitation in the mouth)
- Excessive burping and hiccups
- Pain in the abdomen
- Constant feeling of fullness of the abdomen
- Distention of the abdomen
How can gastro endoscopy help in medical diagnosis?
During routine upper gi endoscopy the entire oesophagus, stomach and prioximal duodenum are examined. And it is very useful in making the diagnosis of:
- Oesophageal cancer
- Oesophageal varices
- Gastric ulcer
- Gastric polyp
- Cancer of the stomach
- Duodenal ulcer and
- Any space occupying region in the upper gi system
What do patients need to do for a gastro endoscopy procedure?
Patient has to be fasted for 6 or more hours to ensure an empty stomach. And it is being done by giving a topical anaesthetic. The anaesthetic is applied to the pharynx (throat) to numb the gag reflex. Sedation may be required for the procedure.
My girlfriend doesn't get sexually active. Can you suggest any drug/tablet for the same? Does it have any side effects? Please suggest
Dear doctor I am 15 year old girl and I have an infection on my genital private part from it pus and blood is coming its too irritating and painful me give me some suggestions.
Hello sir,i had multi sex partners with or without precauriobs since 2007.I checked fr hiv on 2008 it was negative.After dat also i gad multi sex partners.It was befre my marriage.My marriage was on 2012.During my antenatal check up i hve checked fr hiv , its came negative.But bymistake i had sex with my boyfrnd after dat during my pregnancy itself.This incident was on 2013.After dat till jow i didnt had any mistake.M very faithful to my husband.Since 1 yr we r having good sexual relationship.Now m breastfeedingy child.M very worried now.Recently me *(tridot n elisa )done on feb 2015,its came negative.My husband also checked on feb2015.It also negative.Should we worried.M breastfeeding my child.Ae we safe.My baby is 1 yr nw,he s having rashes on hs face and bluaters in leg.M alao not well.Pl tell me.Wat to do.Are we ibfected
While you cannot cure breast diseases, family history and maturing, but there are some hazards or risks that you can control. Keeping in mind the fact that there is no certain approach to forestall breast cancer, there are things you can do that may bring down the hazard. Here are five approaches to ensure your breast's well-being:
- Watch your weight: Being overweight or hefty expands breast cancer chances. This is particularly true after menopause and for women who have put on weight as grown-ups. After menopause, the vast majority of your estrogen originates from fat tissue. Having more fat tissue can heighten your chances of getting breast cancer by raising the estrogen levels. Additionally, women who are overweight have a tendency to have more elevated amounts of insulin, than other hormones. Higher insulin levels have been associated with a few tumors, including breast cancer.
- Exercise routinely: Many reviews have found that exercise is the sign of having a healthy breast. Studies show that one to two hours of energetic walking each week, lessened a woman’s cancer risk by eighteen percent. Walking ten hours seven days decreased the hazard all the more.
- Constrain liquor: Women who have two to five mixed beverages every day have a higher danger of breast cancer than women who have just one drink a day or none . As much as three to six glasses of wine seven days have been found to somewhat increase breast cancer chances. It is not clear how or why liquor raises the hazard. In any case, constraining liquor is particularly essential for women who have other hazard variables for breast cancer, like, breast cancer running in their families.
- Restrain time spent sitting: Research has shown that sitting time, regardless of how much exercise you get when you are not sitting, increases the probability of growing cancer, particularly for women. Women who sit six hours or more a day outside of work have a ten percent more serious risk for breast cancer compared to the ladies who sit under three hours a day, and an increased hazard for other cancer types as well.
- Stay away from or confine hormone substitution treatment: Hormone Replacement Treatment (HRT) was utilized frequently in the past to control night sweats, hot flashes, and other troublesome manifestations of menopause. In any case, specialists now realize that postmenopausal ladies who take a blend of estrogen and progestin might probably create breast tumors or cancer. Breast cancer disease seems to come back within five years in the wake of ceasing the blend of hormones. Therefore, get a breast cancer test even if you feel a small lump. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi doctor, my husband and I are starting to plan for a baby. I have a 30-32 day cycle but my period got delayed last month and I got it on 35th day. Please help me understand when would be the fertile period for me this time. Since my period got delayed I am confused when the ovulation wld happen. I got my blood tests done. Everything is fine only haemoglobin is low at 10.8%. Please advice.
The tadpole endoscope stands out from existing wireless capsule endoscopes with its addition of a soft tail that allows it to be guided around the stomach remotely by a doctor, allowing for more comprehensive imaging and accurate location of problems within the body.
Cancers of the gastrointestinal (gi) tract, including esophagus cancer, stomach cancer and colon cancer, rank as the second most prevalent among all types of cancers in the world.
Three procedures are required for the traditional method of diagnosing cancers in the gi tract: esophagus cancer and stomach cancer can be diagnosed using gastroscopy; intestinal cancer can be diagnosed using capsule endoscopy; and colorectal cancer can be diagnosed using colonoscopy. All of these diagnostic procedures are expensive and put a lot of stress on the human body.
Created by engineers from the institute of precision engineering at the chinese university of hong kong, the te attempts to improve these existing methods by offering a reliable, non-invasive diagnosis procedure for the gi tract.
The process will work by the patient going to the hospital and swallowing the te which starts working immediately. Once the te is in the stomach, the doctor can control the te to swim around to gather images. By adjusting the posture of the patient, the doctor can view the whole stomach.
The te will then move into the lower gi tract depending on natural peristalsis. The patient can then be sent home wearing a sensor pad to record these images which the doctor can subsequently use to make a diagnosis.
So far, the te has been tested in a stomach model and a pig stomach without the image system. The authors hope that the viability of the propulsion model will take one step closer to the next stage of experiments before the device can be used in a working medical context. The research was published in the journal hkie transactions.