Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. MeghnaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering a problem of mouth chale regularly. I drink lot of water but this problem is same. Please suggest.
Actually mere dant me gap tha to maine braces lagaya tha. 23 month tk maine braces rakh. Ab mere danoto ke gap khatm ho gaye hai. To mere donctor ne mjhe bola hai ki retainer lagwane ke liye. To kya retainer lagwana bahut jaruri hai. Ya ni v lagwaye to koi problm ni hoga. Please mujhe bataye.
8 years ago I was injured and it was suppurated in my lower front teeth but I was taken full treatment. Now its paining, is it cause of this?
I used to smoke. My teeth are yellow. What should I do to make them shiny and white. Tell me both ways home based and allopathic.
Everyday when I brush my teeth I see blood while spitting and it has been happening for a few weeks now bit worried bout it and want to know what is it that's causing it and how to stop my gums from bleeding?
How to cure the teeth problem when hot or cold water is drunk. Any effective measures for curing this problem.
I am 21 years old male, wearing braces for almost a year to fix reverse overjet of 1mm (i had my lower 2 bicuspids removed for the same). Recently my dentist applied a lower archwire 0.016" x 0.022" stainless steel. Is rectangular archwire better than the round archwire and how much more time can I expect to continue wearing braces?
Hello sir mera teeth me bahut din se problem h almost starting se hi problem h Last wale teeth ke upar se masuda hua jissse vo bahut pain krta h pls some help me
Hi Today, One of my friend my mistakenly hit on my left jaw I don't have heavy pain just little. Please help me what to do?
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.