Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meghana SarvaiyaYour feedback matters!
आज की भाग दौङ भरी जिंदगी, ऊपर से काम का प्रेशर हममे में से कई लोगों को तो याद भी न होगा कि पिछली बार कब खिलखिला कर हँसे थे। जबकी हँसना हम सभी के लिये अति महत्वपूर्ण है किन्तु हम उसे नजर अंदाज कर देते हैं। मित्रों हँसने से हमारी जिंदगी किस तरह स्वस्थ एवं खुशनुमा हो सकती है उसी के बारे में थोङी सी जानकारी शेयर करने की कोशिश कर रही हूँ , पसन्द आए तो हँसियेगा जरूर. तो आइये जानते हैं हंसने के पाँच फायदे:
1) हंसने से हद्रय की एक्सरसाइज हो जाती है। रक्त का संचार अच्छीतरह होता है। हँसने पर शरीर से एंडोर्फिन रसायन निकलता है, ये द्रव्य ह्रदय को मजबूत बनाता है। हँसने से हार्ट-अटैक की संभावना कम हो जाती है।
2) एक रिसर्च के अनुसार ऑक्सीजन की उपस्थिती में कैंसर कोशिका और कई प्रकार के हानिकारक बैक्टीरिया एवं वायरस नष्ट हो जाते हैं। ऑक्सीजन हमें हँसने से अधिक मात्रा में मिलती है और शरीर का प्रतिरक्षातंत्र भी मजबूत हो जाता है।
I had sex with my girlfriend and then gave her ipill within 2 hrs. After that she had her periods just after 4 days. But from then she is not having periods for 2 months. Is she pregnant?
Hello Doctor, Today is my CD 3, I'm suffering from Pcod n TTC since 1+ yrs, my doctor suggested me to take follicular study on CD 9, CD 12 n CD 14. She also prescribed Ovofar for 5 days. Please help me out, what is the procedure of follicular study n how is it useful? What is Ovofar tablet? At what days we can have intercourse (my hubby staying 600 kms far, n nt able to take leave for more than 2 days)? Please help me Thanks in advance.
The first thought that comes to your mind when you see a chocolate pastry or a strawberry cheesecake is an immediate urge to eat it. However, these foods are filled with excessive calories and unhealthy fats that do not contribute positively to your health in any manner whatsoever. Basically, you need to control those taste buds in order to remain healthy.
Here are 5 common foods that may be enjoyable but are surprisingly bad for you:
- Chocolate cookie: A chocolate cookie is something that you would love to eat anytime. These cookies are delicious to eat and thus, very difficult to stay away from. They contain calories in large amounts which are mainly from simple carbohydrates. They tend to raise your blood sugar immediately, thus leading to fat accumulation.
- Ice cream: Ice cream is a type of food that is high in calorie content and fat. Most of the calories are from simple sugar and saturated fat that raise your risk of heart disease. Ice cream is also known to add to your kilos in no time at all.
- Biryani: Biryani is a commonly consumed dish because of its flavor and taste. It is made up of rice, spices and hydrogenated vegetable fats, thus making it very high in terms of calories. It also contains unhealthy fats that raise your bad cholesterol levels and up your risk of heart diseases due to plaque buildup in your arteries. You should not consume it if you have a stomach ulcer as it may aggravate the condition.
- Coffee: Coffee contains caffeine which, if consumed in large amounts, can be toxic for your body. Too much coffee might also mess up your sleep cycle and may result in insomnia. Too much of coffee is also proven to raise your bad cholesterol levels.
- Tea: Consumption of tea increases your chances of stomach ulcers and liver complications. One of the constituents of tea, tannic acid, ups the risk of anemia. It is recommended not to drink tea immediately after a meal.
How much safe a sex during pregnancy (20 week) running. Age 26 Years . What are the precautions should we have to take, if we can? Also observed that, a liquid discharge from breast. Is it normal or should we have to take action on it?Please tell.
My wife is suffering from pcod. Whether she ovulate? How to use ovulation detector kit and wen to use. We r planning for a child.
Dear doctor I had a cesaerian for my first baby now I am again 33 weeks pregnant my lmp is 19th oct 2014 due date 26th july 2015 if my doctor wants to do cesaerian when he might suggest cesaerian delivery which date he might do please reply.
I am 29 years old. Am suffering from adinomyosis. What to do? is it safe undergoing histactamy at this age?
Study from spain, diabetologia. Sept 15.
I have high flow in my periods in the 1st 2days of menstruation. What should I do and is that normal.
My wife is in my first month of pregnancy and we read that pineapple is not good in pregnancy. Before coming to know this she took pineapple juice three time. She had some lower abdominal pain for sometime. Should we be worried? does consuming pineapple occasionally leads to complications?
1tsp of amla powder is very good for all type of skin problem and all type of hair problem. Just try it.
I had intercourse on 5, n had ipill within 24 hours n check the pref test came out to be negative after one day n my date of starting with menstruation cycle was 7 n now its 10th I haven't got it yet so why is it getting delayed?
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
Always remember 'a stitch in time saves nine'
Sir. Sometimes I like to do anal sex with my gf. If I cum inside ass, if there will be pregnancy r not?
Causes and Symptoms of Renal Hypertension
High blood pressure is characterized by an increased force that the blood exerts on the blood vessels when it moves through the body. Renal hypertension is a blood pressure disorder where the arteries that carry blood to the kidneys become narrow, as a result of which the blood pressure through these vessels increases.
It is caused when the arteries that supply blood to the kidney get narrow or get blocked. This can cause the kidney to release specific hormones that signal the body to retain water and sodium. This can put additional pressure on the blood vessels which leads to increased blood pressure. It can also be caused by atherosclerosis which is characterized by hardening of the arteries. Improper development of the arteries can also lead to renal hypertension.
The symptoms of renal hypertension are:
- Feeling confused
- Blurred vision
- Regular headaches
- Bleeding from the nose
- Gradual decline in kidney function
- Possible long-term damage to the kidney
- Feeling lethargic and drowsy
- Loss of appetite
- Dryness in skin
- Muscle cramps
- Breathing difficulties
The diagnostic procedure for this disorder consists of blood, urine, doppler ultrasound and CT angiography or MR angiography tests. Treatments for this disorder usually include medications to ease blood pressure. Preventive measures include modifications in lifestyle such as following a proper diet, limiting smoking, restricting sodium or salt in the diet and following an exercise regimen. Steps should also be taken to reduce stress. Yoga and meditation are highly beneficial to control the condition. Sometimes intervention is needed in the form of PTRA and stenting.
Related Tip: Kidney Stones and Homeopathy