Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Megha ChuhanYour feedback matters!
Getting a relaxing massage can do wonders to your overall well-being and health. Whether you want to reduce stress or simply obtain respite from aches and pains, these DIY massage techniques can help you out.
1. Massage your feet with a tennis or rubber ball
To massage your feet after a hard day’s work, all you need is a small rubber ball or a tennis ball. Place the ball of your choosing under your foot and move it backwards and forwards using gentle pressure. Repeat as needed.
2. Reduce muscle stiffness with a neck massage
If you are one of those people who sit in front of a computer all day long, you can try this massage to help loosen up the muscles of your back and neck.
Begin by dropping your shoulders, making sure they are not in a hunched position. The next step is to slowly bring your chin close to your chest and stretch your neck as much as possible. Follow this step with a pressure point application on the point where your shoulders and neck meet by using only two fingertips. Release the position once you feel your muscle is relaxing.
Lastly, in a very slow and gentle manner, roll your shoulders forward and backward. Repeat as many a time as you deem necessary.
3. Opt for a head/scalp massage to rejuvenate yourself
This massage is perfect for your head or scalp and you can do it anytime, anywhere. To give yourself this relaxing massage, you need to use the heels of your palms. Place them near your temples and follow this up by giving a gentle push to the scalp in an upward manner. Hold the pose for a few seconds before releasing. Finally, repeat the motion across the entire scalp or head section.
4. Treat your headache with a face massage
When you feel like you may be coming down with a headache, this massage can help in providing you with instant relief. Using only the tips of your fingers, draw small circles along your cheekbones, hairline, eyebrows and jaws. Follow this up with a gentle rubbing of your earlobes and ears by only using your fingertips.
5. Give the muscles of your back a rest with a back massage
To relieve your lower back from the stiffness that usually arises from sitting too long, this easy to do massage is all you need. According to your preference, you can either place a tennis ball between your back and a straight hard surface (wall) or simply place it on the floor and lie on it. While putting pressure on the ball, move it around your lower back so as to release any kind of muscle stiffness you may be feeling. Do this only for a few minutes and do not overdo it as that could worsen the pain.
Whether it’s your head, knees, feet or shoulders, there’s always an easy and relaxing massage that you can give yourself to de-stress and relax.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I have a boil type on the outer ring of my right nipple and is very painful please suggest the reason and treatment for relieving pain and its been 2days. I have been applying Valbet but it has not decreased the pain.
I am 23 year old girl and I am Having irregular periods and has cyst in the right ovary plus gaining weight also. How to overcome from this situation?
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- It is an individualized treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems.
Hello doc my query is that I have only a girl child want another in future she is 3 years and m doing a job just start my carrier my age is 27 is it Ok to make more gap in between my first and second child does age affect it. Is there any problem for my second pregnancy because of my age I take about 2 -3 years more for that I don't know what is good or bad please help reply soon.
Cancers which starts from somewhere else and end up in the liver are not primary liver cancers. Liver cancer also known as hepatic cancer starts in the liver and not from another organ. Primary liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma) tends to occur in livers damaged by birth defects alcohol abuse or chronic infection with diseases such as hepatitis b and c hemochromatosis (a hereditary disease associated with too much iron in the liver) and cirrhosis
I am 26 years old girl and I am trying to get pregnant from last 4-5 months but I am facing problem in getting pregnant actually 11 months back I had aborted my I first baby with tablets is that a problem please suggest something.
I had sex with my girl after periods on 6 day but she was still blooding a little bit we was having sex without protection some blood occur on my penis so is it was and I have not eject inside her is there any chance that she will get pregnant or that blood occur on penis it will be harmful for.
Hi doctor. I have thyroid from 2 years I want to conceive but trying from 3 years my marriage time is 3.5 years.
The size of your belly is not the only thing that changes when you are pregnant. Pregnancy affects every part of a woman's body and visible changes can be noted as the pregnancy progresses. This is partly because of hormonal fluctuations and partly due to the strain of carrying excess weight.
Here are some of the changes you can expect to see when you are pregnant:
- Changes in the respiratory system: Along with eating for two, you are also breathing for two when pregnant. The increased oxygen consumption leads to increased rate of breathing, shortness of breath and elevated pH levels in the blood.
- Changes in the cardiovascular system: The cardiovascular system is readjusted at the time of pregnancy. This increases the volume of blood in the blood. The expanding uterus puts pressure on veins and arteries, thus slowing the circulation of blood. You may also notice an elevated resting heart rate and low blood pressure in the second trimester.
- Changes in the gastrointestinal system: The enlarging uterus displaces organs of the digestive system and allows stomach acid to travel back into the esophagus. This leads to acidity and heartburn. Pregnant women also often suffer from constipation.
- Changes in the breasts: As pregnancy progresses, your breasts may increase in size and be more sensitive than usual. The nipples will also begin to stick out more than normal. By the third trimester, you may also notice a discharge of early milk or colostrum.
- Changes in the abdomen: By the second trimester, the abdomen will begin to expand. As the ligaments and abdominal wall supporting the uterus are stretched, you may experience an ache on one side or the other.
- Changes in the urinary system: Pregnant women feel the urge to urinate frequently. This is because the expanding uterus puts extra pressure on the bladder, urethra and pelvic floor muscles. This may also lead to temporary urinary incontinence. Pregnancy also increases the load on the kidneys as they need to filter not only your own blood, but also that of the growing baby.
- Changes in the skin: As the skin on the body stretches to accommodate the growing uterus, stretch marks are one of the common visible changes. This may also be accompanied by hyperpigmentation of the nipples, face and abdomen along with the appearance of spider veins and reddening of palms.
Other common changes include, swelling of ankles, leg cramps, increased body temperature and changes in hair texture.
I am having period irregular due to thyroid. Having tablet for thyroid prescribed by doctor. Any option that make my period regular.
I am a 23 year old married girl. During the last 7-8 days and after sex too much in my genitals causing itching. please suggest me.
Hi am 26 years old married, and we are planning for baby, last 5th feb, but now I am having pain in pain like gastric in lower tummy, since last week, even I want to know wdr I am pregnant, please suggest.
When you run your hands over the soles of your feet, the surface should be smooth to touch. However, sometimes, the surface may not be so smooth. Piezogenic pedal papules are papules on the medial, posterior or lateral aspects of both heels and result from herniation of fat. These papules are usually asymptomatic and can range from a size of 2mm to 10mm. In some cases, they can be a little painful. This is seen commonly in large lesions. They become apparent when the patient stands with his full weight on his feet and disappear or shrink when the weight is removed. Piezogenic papules can also occur on the wrists. This is a fairly common condition that affects women more than men. Piezogenic pedal papules can occur at any age including infancy.
There is no known cause for the herniation of fat that causes this condition. However, there are a few factors that could increase your risk of suffering from this condition. These factors are:
- Orthopedic problems
- Flat feet
- Collagen disorders such as EDS
- Jobs which entail standing for long hours
- Excessive weight bearing
This condition can also affect newborn babies with no predisposition. The diagnosis of this condition is often confused with infantile pedal papules, xanthoma and tophi. Since they are prominently visible only when pressure is applied, it is essential for a doctor to physically examine the patient while he or she is standing. This condition does not affect the health of a person and is largely only a cosmetic issue. Thus treatment is not usually necessary but some of the things you could do to relieve the discomfort are:
- In cases where Ehlers-Danlos syndrome triggers the condition, patients may be recommended betamethasone and bupivacaine injections. These injections need to be administered repeatedly for complete pain relief.
- Orthotic soles or custom made inserts for shoes can help relieve the pain and distribute pressure equally.
- Heel taping
- Compression stockings
- Avoid excessive or prolonged weight bearing
- Avoid standing for extended periods and try not to run too much
- Rest the feet and keep them elevated to help alleviate the symptoms
- Lose weight if you are on the heavier side
- Electro acupuncture
Piezogenic pedal papules are benign and are no reason to worry. If they begin to affect the quality of your life, you could consult a podiatrist.
Unlike vegans, vegetarians include dairy products in their diets. These foods are naturally high in vitamin b-12. An 8-ounce glass of milk, for example, provides 0.9 micrograms of vitamin b-12. As the dietary reference intake is 2.4 micrograms, a glass of milk provides 37.5 percent of your daily vitamin b-12. An 8-ounce cup of yogurt provides the same amount, while 1 ounce of cheese contains 0.2 micrograms, or 8.3 percent of your daily vitamin b-12.
Yeast extract spreads are a good vegetarian source of vitamin b-12 and are also suitable for vegans. A 1-tablespoon serving of these spreads -- typically served on toast or crackers -- contains 0.09 micrograms of vitamin b-12, or 3.75 percent of your daily intake. Although most brewer's and nutritional yeasts do not naturally contain vitamin b-12, fortified yeasts are another good source of this vitamin. These products are typically labeled as vegan or vegetarian nutritional yeast flakes. Depending on the brand, adding as little as 2 teaspoons to your breakfast cereal or smoothie or with a spread on toast can provide 100 percent of your daily vitamin b-12 intake.
Eggs are naturally high in vitamin b-12. One large chicken egg yolk contains 0.33 micrograms of vitamin b-12, or 13.8 percent of your daily intake. In comparison with chicken's eggs, the eggs of other birds contain much more vitamin b-12. For example, a single duck egg contains 3.78 micrograms of vitamin b-12, while a goose egg contains 7.34 micrograms. As there are no known risks of excessive vitamin b-12 intake, it is safe for you to use duck and goose eggs as a daily b-12 source. You can use duck and goose eggs in place of chicken eggs in most dishes. However, goose eggs are three to four times larger than chicken or duck eggs, so you will need to adjust recipes accordingly.
Fortified foods are a good vegetarian source of vitamin b-12. These include soy products, dairy alternatives and breakfast cereals. For example, a single veggie burger patty contains 1.41 micrograms and a cup of fortified bran flakes contains 1.5 micrograms of the nutrient. Respectively, these amounts account for 58.8 and 62.5 percent of your daily vitamin b-12 intake. Because not all fortified soy products and breakfast cereals contain vitamin b-12, read nutritional information labels before making a purchase.