Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Megha ChuhanYour feedback matters!
I have a baby of 2 months old whom I used to breastfeed till his 1 month. From there on due to personal situations I don't get enough food for myself so couldn't breastfeed my baby and as doctor suggested dexolac during his stay in NICU, I am continuing using the same till now though I don't want to feed with formula. But I find my baby putting up every time I feed. I heard that babies do put up during burping. But my baby put up as if he is drooling most of the times. I am very concerned about this. Not sure whether it's becoz of formula. I can't even afford visiting a doctor actually. Also by any chance if I start having food from now on, will I be able to breastfeed my baby again? After all my baby's health is most important to me.
Mu wife had ectopic pregnancy in last nov and had an operation to remove the same. Please advice when we can try for a next pregnancy and what all percuations we have to take
My gf took abortion tab. Will thr be any chance tht other will come to know abt tht through any tests.
My wife 51years old is having multiple ovarian cysts about 30mm sizes, since 15years without pain. What should be done?
Hi I am 27 years got married a year ago. Eagerly waiting for children. What are the best ways to conceive.
My friend is worried about her married life she has a relation with her boyfriend. And her vagina is so loose so what can she do. Plx help her. Suggest any homeopathic medicine.
Though we may not give them much thought unless they're bothering us, our internal organs are what allow us to go on eating, breathing and walking around. Here are some things to consider the next time you hear your stomach growl.
The largest internal organ is the small intestine. Despite being called the smaller of the two intestines, your small intestine is actually four times as long as the average adult is tall. If it weren't looped back and forth upon itself it wouldn't fit inside the abdominal cavity.
The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet. No wonder you can feel your heartbeat so easily. Pumping blood through your body quickly and efficiently takes quite a bit of pressure resulting in the strong contractions of the heart and the thick walls of the ventricles which push blood to the body.
The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades. While you certainly shouldn't test the fortitude of your stomach by eating a razor blade or any other metal object for that matter, the acids that digest the food you eat aren't to be taken lightly. Hydrochloric acid, the type found in your stomach, is not only good at dissolving the pizza you had for dinner but can also eat through many types of metal.
The human body is estimated to have 60, 000 miles of blood vessels. To put that in perspective, the distance around the earth is about 25, 000 miles, making the distance your blood vessels could travel if laid end to end more than two times around the earth.
You get a new stomach lining every three to four days. The mucus-like cells lining the walls of the stomach would soon dissolve due to the strong digestive acids in your stomach if they weren't constantly replaced. Those with ulcers know how painful it can be when stomach acid takes its toll on the lining of your stomach.
The surface area of a human lung is equal to a tennis court. In order to more efficiently oxygenate the blood, the lungs are filled with thousands of branching bronchi and tiny, grape-like alveoli. These are filled with microscopic capillaries which oxygen and carbon dioxide. The large amount of surface area makes it easier for this exchange to take place, and makes sure you stay properly oxygenated at all times.
Women's hearts beat faster than men's. The main reason for this is simply that on average women tend to be smaller than men and have less mass to pump blood to. But women's and men's hearts can actually act quite differently, especially when experiencing trauma like a heart attack, and many treatments that work for men must be adjusted or changed entirely to work for women.
Scientists have counted over 500 different liver functions. You may not think much about your liver except after a long night of drinking, but the liver is one of the body's hardest working, largest and busiest organs. Some of the functions your liver performs are: production of bile, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, and detoxification.
The aorta is nearly the diameter of a garden hose. The average adult heart is about the size of two fists, making the size of the aorta quite impressive. The artery needs to be so large as it is the main supplier of rich, oxygenated blood to the rest of the body.
Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart. For most people, if they were asked to draw a picture of what the lungs look like they would draw both looking roughly the same size. While the lungs are fairly similar in size, the human heart, though located fairly centrally, is tilted slightly to the left making it take up more room on that side of the body and crowding out that poor left lung.
You could remove a large part of your internal organs and survive. The human body may appear fragile but it's possible to survive even with the removal of the stomach, the spleen, 75 percent of the liver, 80 percent of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and virtually every organ from the pelvic and groin area. You might not feel too great, but the missing organs wouldn't kill you.
The adrenal glands change size throughout life. The adrenal glands, lying right above the kidneys, are responsible for releasing stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline. In the seventh month of a fetus development, the glands are roughly the same size as the kidneys. At birth, the glands have shrunk slightly and will continue to do so throughout life. In fact, by the time a person reaches old age, the glands are so small they can hardly be seen.
Thanks for reading this articles, if you like this artciles / daily health tips application, do consider torate our app with a review.
Once we had intercourse 6 times a day. She had severe abdominal pain.In 24 hrs how many times it s healthy to have sex? What are the other ways of protection except condom. Give me options?
- Keep your activity on an even level. Avoid overexertion and emotional stress. Allow time for yourself to relax. Yoga, meditation or deep breathing can help manage stress and keep you fit.
- Improve sleep habits. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Limit daytime resting.
- Avoid taking caffeine and alcohol before bedtime. These may affect sleep.
- Exercise regularly, but not close to the bedtime. Experts suggest not exercising, at least, 3-4hours before bedtime.
- Limit artificial light at night. Use low wattage bulbs, cover windows, turn off the television and avoid using phones and computer screens in the dark.
- Increase exposure to sunlight at the day time. Keep the curtains open in the house.
- Have a healthy and antioxidant-rich diet which are high in fiber such as fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid packaged foods.
Hello my age is 28. Male. My questions are regarding pregnancy. I am trying for 2 months. Not getting any result. What is best time for it and in what position.
I am 32, have irregular periods and infertility problem, is laparoscopy only a direct way to examine pelvic organs? I am highly scared of it.
I am 27 yrs old I have pics, irregular periods, once in 3-5 months I get my period, pls tell me how to regulate my periods.
My period date is cross around one month and I think that I am pregnant is you assist any medication process to check up and abort.
Periods came on 18th July. Ivf. Embryo transfer is on 7 august. Symptoms that periods will come again. M on progynova and osetogen gel. Help that these stops periods.
How n when to take unwanted 72 to stop pregnancy. I want to know each and everything about that. Please tell in brief sir.
I am 39 years old, I had 2 Cesarean as I have a cyst in my right ovary & at the time of my periods it is very painful. How & why does this cyst occurs & if there cyst can we become pregnant.
Hymen may be lacerated by disease, injury, medical examination, sex etc. Someone told me that finger break hymen and it hurts a bit and if you don't feel pain while using finger than its a sign that you don't have the hymen. Is it true? Is it a fact? And if that girl is virgin and never have any accident, disease, medical examination or any other factor which can be the reason of missing hymen so is it normal to don't have a hymen?
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
If you are diagnosed with male fertility problems, such as a low sperm count, previous history of vasectomy in male partner ,recurrent ivf failure then conventional IVF is unlikely to result in fertilisation. It is also done when sperms are not present in the semen and they have to be obtained surgically from testicles.This is when Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI treatment) is recommended. It is like IVF only the main difference is the technique we use to achieve fertilisation.
How is ICSI done ?
A single sperm is injected into each egg, using very fine micro-manipulation equipment. As the human egg is one tenth of a millimetre in diameter and the sperm 100 times smaller, this is a very delicate procedure performed by highly skilled embryologist under a micro-manipulator.
Is ICSI successful?
Together with IVF, ICSI is one of the most common techniques used in Assisted reproductive technology. Since it was introduced, it has led to the birth of many thousands of babies worldwide.
If you want to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist.
Pregnancy test kit results me negative aara h bar bar test karne pe eske ky matlab h me pregnant hu ya nahi.
Being a female is an icon of responsibility in many perspectives. The female figure shares a huge responsibility in the family (husband, kids, other members), society, self, workplace etc. Hence it becomes necessary that a woman must understand what all arrangements she needs to make herself comfortable during days when she is going for laparoscopic surgery and after surgery.
Normally admission in the hospital is done one day before the surgery. During the day of surgery, you can be discharged if your clinical condition is fine. Usually it takes, on an average, 2-3 days of hospital stay. U need to make arrangements at home for 2-3 days when you are absenting from your respective responsibilities.
Before you leave for hospital, for the surgery
- Make sure that you have informed your absence at a particular place (e.g. workplace, family etc) for specific time period.
- If you have got an insurance then you need to complete your paperwork for claiming benefits of surgery from the same.
- You should stop taking all medicines / diets which has got tendency to thin the blood e.g. vitamins, natural supplements, any analgesics that may contain aspirin (salicylic acid) or any blood thinner medicines. This might increase chances of blood loss during surgery. Usually your surgeon makes notice of all these issues but, if missed by any chance, then you need to inform your surgeon about these.
- You need to arrange someone who can accompany you on the day of the surgery and can help during your stay at hospital. This person must be someone with whom you are comfortable because he/she may have to help you go to the bathroom, get dressed, etc.
- Arrangements of meals should be made beforehand, at your home. You can buy or prepare several meals ahead of time since after surgery you will feel weak and will not have the energy to cook.
- You should do your house cleaning and laundry beforehand.
- You should select comfortable clothing for your convalescence.
- You should select underclothing made up of cotton or satin as these textures will be less irritating to the wound and will allow you to slip out of bed more easily.
- You should prepare the part of the house where you will recuperate after surgery during the first few days. You can arrange clean sheets, pillows, heating pad, analgesics, reading material, remote control, telephone, etc at your selected place so that you can manage things easily.
- You can buy some good magazines, arrange few movies so that you can keep yourself occupied during your convalescence.
What to pack
Mostly the hospitals provide almost every required consumable. Still you should prepare your hospital bag and should go over its contents with the person who will be accompanying you so that he/she knows what you packed and where you placed the items. Make sure to pack the following:
- Health insurance and hospital cards
- Sanitary napkins
- Mobile charger and earphones
- Reading material
- Lip balm
- Absorbent disposable tissue paper
Pre-operative appointment with Surgeon
- You should ask all your doubts regarding the laparoscopic surgical procedure e.g. what will be done in surgery? what all I shall expect after surgery? what kind of anaesthesia I shall be receiving?
- You should understand the instructions given to you by your surgeon e.g. when to reach hospital? Where to reach in the hospital? When to stop eating? etc.
- You should ask your surgeon whether he /she will be providing video recording / intra-operative pictures of your laparoscopic surgery.
The day before surgery
- You should not wear any makeup, hairspray, body lotion or deodorant.
- You should remove nail polish, jewellery and contact lenses.
- You should wear loose clothing such a dress without any elastic at the waist.
- You should wear an undergarment so that no fabric rubs against your navel after the procedure. Also, make sure your panties are loose /comfortable or a size larger than you usually wear as they will be more comfortable if your abdomen is swollen.
- You should wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off since it is uncomfortable while bending, after the procedure.
- When you arrive at the hospital, try to relax. Listening to soothing music / watching movie will help.
After the surgery
- Once you are getting discharged from the hospital you should arrange a transport vehicle which has minimum tendency to give bumps when on road. In the vehicle, recline the seat and place a pillow against your tummy to absorb the shock of bumps in the road.
- Once at home you should avoid sleeping in day time. You should can keep yourself occupied with reading magazine / watching movies / listening to music etc. It is advisable to have a sound sleep in the night.
- Your abdominal muscles are expected to be discomforting for the first few days. You should take medicines as advised.
- Hold a pillow against your stomach if you sneeze or cough to lessen the pain.
- Your shoulders might hurt the first few days. You should sit in a reclining position and place a heating pad on your shoulders. When you feel better, walk a little around the house.
- To get out of bed, roll onto your side and then gradually sit up using your arms for support. After sitting wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Giddiness is expected for a short while and should vanish in few minutes. Once you are stable then slip your feet out of bed and then stand up. Again, wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Once you are perfectly fine then you should start walking.
- Feel nauseous is common due to anesthetic medicines given during surgery or the medicines you might be receiving. To combat nausea, you can try few measures: rub a pad moistened with rubbing alcohol under your nose, lie down, breathe through the mouth, suck on a mint candy, eat dry crackers or drink ginger ale.
- Diet should be gradually upgraded. You should start with liquids, initially, and slowly moving up to solid food. The anaesthesia and analgesics can cause severe constipation after surgery. High fiber foods are recommended to prevent constipation (e.g pears, prunes, asparagus, carrots, whole-wheat bread etc).
- You should drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day. Water intake helps in preventing constipation and helps in eliminating traces of the anaesthesia.
- After the laparoscopic surgery wearing tampons is avoided. As wearing tampon might obscure the significant bleeding.
- After the laparoscopic surgery intercourse / sexual activity is not prohibited till the surgeon recommends.
- You may shower 24 hours after the surgery. Try to avoid contact of water with the stitches as this might delay healing of stitches.
- After few days of surgery, you can apply vitamin E to the incision if the scar looks normal (and there are no signs of infection). Vitamin E promotes healing.
- During recovery if you develop a fever, have difficulty urinating or experience heavy bleeding, contact your surgeon immediately or go to the hospital.
- When you return to work, wear loose clothing and avoid wearing synthetic undergarments, which will irritate your navel.
- It usually takes about a week to recover from a laparoscopy, a common and minimally invasive procedure. The secret to a speedy recovery is to take the necessary time and means to regain your energy.