Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meeta Gavade
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Meeta GavadeYour feedback matters!
Water is an essential nutrient that is required by the body to perform its functions. Water is lost from the body due to various factors such as exercise and warm weather so it needs to be replenished on a regular basis.
Here are five reasons as to why you should increase your daily water intake.
1. To repair the muscles in the body - Water is vital to the muscles in the body as fatigue can set in due to the fluid imbalance in the cells. The muscles' performance is thus impaired to a large extent. Increasing fluid intake during and after exercising is recommended to keep muscles healthy.
2. Proper skin care - Lack of water in the body may be reflected on your face in the form of dry skin and wrinkles. Drinking enough water also prevents fluid loss from the body.
3. To allow the kidneys to function optimally - Kidneys function optimally when body fluid levels are normal. Lack of water causes kidney stones in warm weather and impairs the kidney function of regulating body waste.
4. Water helps in weight loss - Eating water-rich foods such as cucumber and spinach can help reduce the binge eating tendency. These food are voluminous foods which are absorbed slowly thus keeping the body full for longer.
5. Optimal bowel function - Optimal drinking of water allows free bowel movement. The fluids combined with fibre help in eliminating constipation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Use a good toothbrush. Choose a toothbrush with soft nylon bristles. This must effectively remove plaque and debris from your teeth, without irritating the gums or eroding tooth enamel like hard bristled brushes can do when used with sideways action. The toothbrush should also fit comfortably in your hand, and have a head small enough to easily reach all of your teeth, especially the ones at the back. If you have difficulty fitting the toothbrush into your mouth, it is probably too big.
Electric toothbrushes are a great choice if you are a lazy brusher and think that the electric toothbrush might encourage you to spend more time on your teeth. However, you can do just as good of a job with a manual toothbrush -- it's all in the technique.
You should definitely avoid toothbrushes with" natural" bristles made from animal hair as these can harbor bacteria.
Replace your toothbrush regularly. The bristles will wear out over time, losing their flexibility and effectiveness. You should get a new one every 3 to 4 months, or as soon as the bristles start to splay out and lose their shape. Visual inspection of the toothbrush is more important than the actual timeline. You can also buy toothbrushes nowadays whose handles will change color when its time to get a new one.
Research has found that thousands of microbes call toothbrush bristles and handles" home" and can cause infections.
Always rinse your brush after using it, and store it upright and uncovered so that it can dry before your next use. Otherwise bacteria will grow.
Use a fluoride toothpaste. It not only helps remove plaque, it also helps strengthen tooth enamel. however, it's important to note that fluoride toothpaste is not to be swallowed, as ingesting too much can have serious health consequences. It should not be used for children under the age of 3.
You can get toothpastes to target a wide variety of dental and gum problems, including cavities, tartar, sensitive teeth and gums, gingivitis and stained teeth. Opt for the one that suits your best or ask your dentist or hygienist for advice.
Use dental floss. Flossing your teeth is just as important as brushing, as it removes built up plaque, bacteria and food particles that get trapped between the teeth and which soft floppy toothbrush bristles can't reach even when used with up/down natural motion. You should always floss before brushing your teeth so that any food or bacteria that comes loose during flossing doesn't remain in your mouth.
Remember to floss gently. Don't" snap" the floss between the teeth as this can irritate sensitive gums. Ease it down gently, following the curve of each tooth.
If you find dental floss awkward to use or you have braces, look for dental picks instead. These are small wooden or plastic sticks which you can insert between teeth, achieving the same results as flossing if spaces are large enough.
When I am studying there is a pain on my back in other time it will not come when I am start reading by seating on the ground it start paining exactly some below of my back side of chest left hind side.
My bowel movements are to hard and gut is not coming out with out lactative my water and fiber intake is ok please help me what may be reason.
I have already my period this month 8 - 10 but I am bleeding last 3 days some time blood is coming some time not.
Smoking is a die hard habit and many people eventually die of the same. It remains one of the most common causes of cancer and lung diseases, which eventually lead to death. The irony is that almost all smokers know the harmful effects, but find it hard to quit.
With a firm determination, there are people who quit, but then the relapse rate is quite high too.
- Many believe that quitting requires a behavioural change. From peer pressure to a lifestyle habit, smoking is a social phenomenon. There are various methods to help quit smoking like quitting cold turkey and nicotine substitutes. Hypnosis is also gaining popularity as a method to help quit smoking. Research has shown an encouraging success rate in the range of 30 to 40% in cases where the desire and commitment to quit are high. This of course is with people who have strong will and are able to be hypnotized.
- Hypnosis or hypnotherapy is a psychological technique used as supplemental therapy in a lot of cases, such as weight loss, depression, speech disorders, pain management, de-addiction; the list can be quite long. It puts the person undergoing therapy into a deep sleep or trance, where they get in touch with themselves and find answers to a lot of questions. It is believed that while hypnosis puts a person to sleep, it also induces a higher level of cognition and a higher level of neurological activity.
- During the actual session, the smoker is asked to imagine the numerous ill effects of smoking and the need to reduce its harmful effects on the body. This improves the willpower to quit smoking and reduces the desire. They are also advised of the benefits of quitting smoking, including longevity of life and better quality of life. The person is told that quitting smoking before 50 years of age gives a 50% chance of increasing the lifespan by 15 years. Now that is quite motivating for a lot of smokers to give up the habit.
- It generally takes about 4 full sessions of hypnotherapy to reach a level where the patient is ready to kick the habits. Also, self hypnosis can be taught where the person can go into hypnosis on his own and enforce smoking cessation. There are even self hypnosis tapes that are available for aid.
However, a word of caution here, hypnosis is not for everybody as not everybody can be hypnotized easily and there has to be a strong belief that it will benefit, only then can smoking cessation be tried with hypnosis. It is still in the testing phase and is to be medically proven as a way to quit smoking.
Related Tip: "7 Dangerous Changes That Smoking Causes To Your Skin"