Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Shreedhar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi ShreedharYour feedback matters!
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a form of technology that aids in assisted reproduction. While more people are turning towards this technology because of the results that they promise, not everyone sees the same results. If you look at the process, it seems quite simple. Here, a sperm and an egg are manually combined outside the body and then inserted into the uterus. It is almost impossible to accurately gauge how effective will this procedure prove to be for you, but there are factors that can affect the outcome of such a procedure-
- Age: The older you get the tougher it is to get the right outcome but it is not right to judge the success rate based on this factor alone. Age should be used as a factor only in conjunction with other factors or problems that you may be experiencing. Over the years, the age factor has steadily risen and this is thanks to the technology getting better. So, the technology is capable of helping you get pregnant and age should not restrict you.
- Earlier Pregnancies: If you have had successful pregnancies earlier, and have carried a baby to term, then the chances are quite high for a successful IVF procedure. However, on the other hand, failed pregnancies or miscarriages can reduce the chances of a successful IVF but you should not rule out IVF automatically as well.
- Fertility Problems: There are several common problems such as uterine abnormalities, fibroid tumors, ovarian dysfunction, length of time being infertile which can be treated quite effectively using the IVF technology. While statistically it is commonly seen that when people struggle with infertility issues over a period, the technology is progressively getting better and therefore each individual situation or problem should be carefully assessed before coming to a conclusion one way or the other.
- Lifestyle: One of the biggest problems that women of this generation face are lifestyle issues. So, issues such as obesity, smoking or excessive drinking can severely affect your chances of becoming pregnant. While smoking can age your ovaries much quicker, obesity can affect your menstrual cycle and ovulation. Smokers will need more cycles of IVF to be successful while being obese can also make it difficult for you to carry a baby to term.
- Clinic and the doctors: There are several fertility clinics and you should pay close attention to some things such as the experience of the doctors in the clinic, their success rates over the years and the types of patients they accept.
Getting pregnant through this technology can be stressful. So, look for the best clinic and professionals to better your chances of success! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1-Long Time Intercourse is a trick or depends on mental setup's? 2- How to satisfied a girl/lady/women? Its a mental game or physical? 3- precautions for AIDS?
A person might be referred to visit a speech therapist or more precisely, a speech language pathologist for a variety of disorders. A speech language therapist can help people having problems related to speech, hearing and swallowing.
If we have to talk more on specific terms, a SLP can help in assessing the problem and treat problems related to:
- Speech: People who face difficulty in forming proper sentences and uttering those sentences in distinct manner.
- Fluency: Ones who tend to stutter and talk in a haphazard manner.
- Language: Who lack the ability and also to comprehend both spoken and written language.
- Voice: Help treat people, who are facing problems with their voice.
- Auditory Habilitation and Auditory Rehabilitation: A speech language therapist would undertake certain recovery techniques related to speech, hearing as well as language disorders.
Now we will take a look at some of the therapies which a SLP would utilize to treat some of the more common speech-language disorders.
- Speech Therapy for Late Talkers: An infant or a toddler should talk after attaining a certain age. If that doesn’t happen, he might be referred to a speech therapist. The therapist would try out different things, like encouraging a child to talk, play certain games with him. At times, he might take away a favourite toy them, till the they ask for it, can motivate small children to speak up.
- Speech Therapy for Kids Having Apraxia: Children who suffer from apraxia face difficulty in saying certain syllables or in making certain sounds. A child would know exactly what she or she wants to say but somehow, they fail to express it correctly. Speech therapists would evaluate children having this problem through several tests, which include:
- Oral-Motor Assessment: This would let a therapist check out weakness of the muscles in the jaw, lips or tongue.
- Melody of Speech Assessment: During this, the therapist would listen to see if they can precisely target syllables and use certain pitch and pauses in between at appropriate places in sentences.
- Speech Sound Assessment: This helps a therapist to further determine how well a child is able to pronounce certain sounds, including vowels, consonants and combinations of sound. It would also include determining how well other people are able to comprehend a child’s conversational speech.
- Speech Therapy for Stuttering: Stuttering is a kind of behavioural problem. Speech therapists would look to teach children, who face this problem, behavioural modification techniques, which in turn would help tackle their problem. A common approach is to control the rate of a child’s speech, as speaking too quickly can make the situation worse. Practising speech at a slower and in a more fluent manner can be extremely helpful.
- Speech Therapy for Aphasia: Aphasia is a condition which causes difficulty in speaking due to some kind of damage to the brain. Some of the speech therapies to help a person get rid of the problem are:
- Drills, which ensure improvement in specific skills related to language.
- Group therapy to bring improvements in conversational skills.
- Gestures and writing to augment their communication skills.
Thanks to the cold weather, people love to have piping hot foods to quench their hunger. Of these foods,samosas,bhajjias,wadas top the list. We doctors and dieticians see a upward trend in the number of clients with Gastro problem ,spike in blood sugars and as well as gain in body weight. Today , i am going to reveal the 3 most easy tricks to keep yourself hale and healthy.
Consume atleast 2 seasonal fruits ( Oranges/ black grapes/ strawberries). Donot worry these foods would not cause you cold. These fruits infact help you to safeguard against common cold owing to its rich nutrient content. Do consume it in fresh form .
Toss up you salads and soups with lemon or amla juice as both are potent source of Vit C and antioxidants. Increase the intake of soup to control your hunger pangs
Reduce the intake of Dairy products as it is known to produce cough especially in cold seasons.
Happy winter and enjoy your foods though in moderation but donot forget to follow the tips !