Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi S. Rao
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi S. RaoYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I had my follicular study done today-day 12. Results are: uterus: Averted.Normal in size (7.9*3.9*4.8 cm) Right Ovary :Measuring 3.7*2.9 cm Normal in size. Keft Ovary: Measuring 3.2*2.3 cm.Normal in size. RO DF: Small Follicles LO DF: 17*13 mm Endo: 8.1 mm Free Fluid: No My periods is mostly 28 days long (sometimes 31 days once or twice in year) Please suggest if my result is normal and will I ovulate and if I can conceive?
In 9th month off pregnancy baby heart beat sudden stop any changes of alive and what thing mother want to do for next child and after how much period they should have next baby.
I would like to address one of your possible issues Called pms. At the monthly attack of the mother nature, women undergo a terrible combination of physical, psychological and emotional disturbances with varying severity. Though it is nothing to worry about, it highly upsets the environment for a few days.
1. Intense irritability and mood swings
2. Sadness and crying bouts
3. Poor concentration
4. Sleep disorders
5. Physiological changes including breast tenderness, headaches, digestive problems, bloating and weakness.
6. Stress, anxiety and low self esteem
These are some changes that you experience during those days. Have
You wondered about their causes?
# hormonal changes
# changes in the brain chemicals
# poor nutrition and dietary habits
# alcohol or caffeine consumption
# a family history of depression
The home remedies I am going to mention are suggested by different women who had experience fighting their pms symptoms.
1. Exercise. There is no question of what exercise and for how long. You can do any moderate exercise that you are comfortable with for at least 30 minutes. Some women also enjoy rigorous physical activity for 15 minutes. Cuddling up in bed is not recommended unless advised by the doctor.
2. A healthy diet with whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Low vitamins and nutrients can aggravate pms.
3. Sugary foods, excess salt, refined foods and caffeine should be controlled.
4. Some women find relief by eating foods rich in magnesium, Vitamin b6 and vitamin E.
5. If you have digestive problems, don't go hungry. Eat small, Frequent meals.
6. See if milk can make you feel better.
7. Omega 3 acids may improve your irritability and mood swings.
8. Try pineapples. Who knows, manganese in pineapples, brown rice Or raspberries may work better.
9. Sleep well for at least 8 hours at night.
10. Cultivate a habit of going out with family, friends or engage in creative habits, go to a spa, do yoga or just about anything
That would take the stress out. Ask privately if you need further information.
I will be doing follicular study to help me know the exact time I ovulate from day 9th of my cycle. My question is it best to have relation on the day of rupture or one day prior to it to increase the highest chance of pregnancy. My gums suggested to have relation only on day of rupture thats really bothering me. Because having relation every alternate days I have heard lowers the sperm count which are already exhausted ny the time of ovulation. please help. Thanks in advance.
My wife was on 1st cycle of Ovral G, she skipped 4 days in between. Even though, she was in her safe periods we had unprotected relation in those 4 days. Now her periods were due on 18th of this month but, she has not got her periods till now. She took pregnancy test today, it was negative. What can be the problem?
I am 22 year old. My menstrual cycle is very painful (abdomen, leg etc. And also the timing changes every moth (5-10 days up and down. And the pain (in legs and lower part of abdomen) started before 5 to 10 days before m. Cycle. Is there any problem or it is normal?
What is the reason for my primary and secondary amenorrhea my hormones are E2 83 FSH 6.57 Lh 21.33 Prolactin 7.20 I ovulate only on gonadotropin And have pcos also.
Cholesterol is a fatty substance made by the liver and distributed throughout the body. It plays an essential role and is an important ingredient in the various hormones. Most of the cholesterol is made by the liver, and only about 25% is received from the foods that are consumed.
Based on the density of the cholesterol molecules,
- High density lipoprotein (HDL) which is the good cholesterol
- Low density lipoprotein (LDL) which is the one to be worried about
- Very low density lipoproteins (VLD) which is very bad for health
How it evolves:
Almost all the body systems are affected when there are increased amounts of cholesterol in circulation. The evolution is outlined below.
- Cholesterol circulates in the body normally, and because of its density, it moves sluggishly compared to the other components in the blood.
- Gradually, they settle down along the walls of the blood vessels. This is known as atherosclerosis or plaque formation.
- Over a period of time, this settled plaque accumulates more cholesterol molecules from circulation and continues to grow in size and volume.
- With time, minerals are also attracted and therefore there is hardening of this mass. What also happens is these are along the blood vessels and therefore it becomes narrow, limiting the blood supply.
- When the target organs are vital ones like the brain, kidney, heart, etc., their functioning is affected.
- There could be reduced blood flow to the brain leading to stroke. There could be paralysis on one or both sides depending on which side and part of the brain is affected
- Reduced blood flow to the heart can cause heart attack. They present with severe chest and jaw pain, profuse sweating, and nausea. If left untreated, this can lead to death.
Causes of increased cholesterol: High cholesterol levels can be detected by simple blood tests, which can also identify the type of cholesterol that is increased.
- Modified dietary patterns with increased amounts of saturated fat and sugars
- With obesity on the rise, more and more sugar is converted into fat, thereby increasing the cholesterol levels
- A sedentary lifestyle which has a combination of increased sugar and trans fat consumption with reduced physical activity leads to accumulation of cholesterol
- Stress increases cholesterol as it induces poor eating habits
- Genetic predisposition is another reason for a person to develop high levels of cholesterol. Like obesity, high cholesterol also runs in families.
Treatment: Reducing weight, dietary monitoring, and medications is the way to go. This requires extreme commitment and determination from the individual, as it is not just about reducing it once but to maintain that optimal level going forward.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hey I'm 20 years old I had missed my periods last month so my gyne has suggested me to take cycloreg5 mg for 5 days twice a day when can I expect my periods to come thank you.
जीवन में स्वास्थय रहने के लिए बनाये यह असूल:
1. सुबह 6 बजे उठ के कसरत, सैर या योग कुछ न कुछ जरूर करे
2. सुबह का भोजन पूरन आहार की तरह खाये। अच्छा पौष्टिक आहार घी, मखन आदि।
3. खाने क बाद पानी न पीये, पीया गया पानी जहर के समान है। पानी कम से कम 45 मिनट के बाद पीये।
4. सूर्य असत के बाद कीया भोजन आपकी मूर्खता परमान है, मोटापा, मधुमेह, विवधं, अफारा आदि रोग उत्पन्न करता है।
5. जिनको पाचन की तकलीफ है वो सुबह उठते ही खाली पेट अौर रात को सोने से पहले गरम पानी पीये।
6. भोजन बनाने के लिये refined या dalda का प्रयोग न करें। घी का प्रयोग सरवोतम।
7. जबरदस्ती पानी न पीये और ऐक ही बार में न पीये। पानी को थोड़ी थोड़ी मात्रा मे ले।
8. रात का भोजन हलका करे।
9. रात को खाने में मांस, पनीर जैसी जो पचने में भारी हो उनको न खाये।