Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi MishraYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from a problem of mouth ulcers since my childhood, they come in 5-6 no. In a span of 15-20 days. I have taken treatments on it several times but every time doctor told me to have tablets like becosules etc. So I would like to ask you that if this is any kind of disease or what? If not then please suggest me what should I do with that. Till then, please tell me the effective tablet for these kind of ulcers. Thank You.
How to get relief from gum pain , because when I am cleaning the teeth with neem datoon so my teeth is swelling and pain. What should i do? Please advise.
I have swelling in my lip. Its been there over a month. Also Dr. said its because of Slavia. What should I do?
Hello I am 21 years old I have small dark pigmentation on my tongue from 3 weeks and I have use mouth ulcer gel but it is not healing kindly suggest me the best treatment for it.
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have dental problem & cavity problem. I use normal tooth brush & brush for my tooth after 5 to 10 minutes.
When I eat some thing cold or hard things in my right side of the mouth I experience a huge pain in one tooth which is broken in one side. How can I get rid of it please help me?
Hi I am 31 years old male and facing problem of severe bad breath from last few months. I also visited dentist but it was not a dental problem. Kindly help me out to rectify my problem.
I am 26 year old, I have pyaria problem. Most of the times my gums bleeding. Also my teeth color is also gone yellow. What should I do.
I have gum problems and more cavities,some time bleeding and pain from teeth during brushing. Please give some solution
I have a very small red dot looking painless ulcer under my tongue. Is this something to worry about? I had ulcers before but never a painless one. I need help, I'm really worried:(
I am done with my scaling of teeth recently. Now what all I can do so that tartar does not get deposit anymore. And which paste should I use.
Dear sir/ madam, I have a tooth decay problem at initial stage so. What should I do now and my teeth are in yellow color, what should be my next move.
I brush and floss regularly, but I still have bad breath all day and all the mouthwash I have tried stain my teeth. What can I do to make my breath smell better,
Here are some tips for braces treatment
Tips for Braces Treatment
Hi! My warm wishes to all the viewers. I’m Dr. Ankur Gupta. I’m a practicing Orthodontist in Gurgaon for the last twelve years.
Today, I’m going to talk about my branch Orthodontics, which is very commonly known as braces or wires.
This braces and wires, what are they?
This is just a treatment modality to correct the malaligned or misaligned teeth or we say the patients who are having crooked tooth or forwardly placed tooth or bugs bunny type of tooth, we can align them with this sort of braces.
In this treatment modality, it is a very slow process. We put small small attachment over the tooth surfaces and we apply very small small, little, gentle forces to align those teeth into their final and ideal position.
Due to this, process, is a very slow process, it takes around one year.
Usually, most of the patients they ask me, what is the best time to get the braces. I will say the best time would be, in the growing age of the patient. When the child is growing between ten to 15 years is the best time but now, due to the dental advancement, lot of advancement and technology, any patient can get the braces whether he’s in 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s but just his born condition should be good.
Usually there are three types of braces.
First one is the metal type of braces which I have shown you earlier also. These type of metal braces, they were the traditional, they are more visible, and usually done in children.
Then, another type is the ceramic type of braces which are slightly less visible, more smooth and comfortable.
Then, the third one are the type of braces which are called invisible braces in which the braces are put from the inside structure of the tooth.
These type of braces, they are usually , this treatment is usually taken by the patients whose job profile is like that they don’t want to show off that they are getting the braces or their social bindings like that.
In case you want to know more about these things, not only about braces or any other treatment modality, you can contact me on Lybrate, online consultation or offline consultation.