Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Iyer
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi IyerYour feedback matters!
My mother has severe knee pains, she works very hard to walk for 10 metres, Her age is about 50. Please give me an advice. Thank you.
Hii doc, my question is my lower part of the knee start paining when I run but its never pain when I walk, I'm walking around 2,-kms everyday.
I hurt my thumb a week ago and found out that I have my UCL of the thumb ruptured. I am taking rest but I want to know if I can use Crepe Bandage on my hand to protect it. Also suggest an ointment that can help the muscle to recover. What special care should I take? Can I write with that hand.
My brother is an ophthalmologist, age 30 years. He has a very tight schedule, not even getting time for having food. He is suffering from back pain, for past several months and he is ignoring it all together because of his busyness. I'm very much worried for him. Could you please suggest me some simple remedies, so that he can inculcate them in his daily routine without taking out any extra time from his busy day (as he won't be compromising even on a few minutes of his timings. But he'll definitely follow, if I'll ask him to do so). Thanks.
I am having back pain in left side from one month, sometimes it is fine. Mostly it comes while sleeping.
I am a 42 year old man with athlete body. I have persistent pain in my neck and back shoulders? what should I do?
.I suffered from stroke some ten years back, right side affected. Still there is stiffness on the right shoulder, right hip and on right foot. There is pricking sensation below the right foot which makes walking difficult. Can you please suggest remedies? Thanks. Nagarajan.
I am having severe fever from last 2 days, around 104. Have done all the tests but nothing came out. Wat it could be. Also having pain in some of the joints of the body.
I have back pain problem from last 6-8 years, many treatments I have taken but no effective result I have got please suggest me.
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the muscles of the body and weakens them gradually. Patients with fibromyalgia have a number of "delicate points" on the body and are very sensitive to different things that are not typically painful or unpleasant. They can encounter increased the tenderness and weakness which may lead to problems in movement and even proper sleep.
Physiotherapy concentrates on the treatment, and healing of injuries. Standard exercise based physiotherapy methods may help you gain control of your fibromyalgia as you concentrate on lifestyle changes instead of persistent pain, stiffness and fatigue. Physiotherapists can demonstrate generally accepted methods to get rid of the side effects of pain and solidness in everyday life. They show patients how to build strength and enhance their scope of movement. They show them ways to get rid of the everyday pain.
In case you have fibromyalgia, your physiotherapist creates particular extending and stretching programs to meet your individual needs. While there is no known cure for fibromyalgia, physiotherapy might help you get rid of the pain. It can reduce the stiffness.
Strengthening muscles and increasing flexibility through a number of exercises are two vital ways physical therapists decrease fibromyalgia pain and make life more manageable. These include:
- Stretching: By increasing your flexibility through stretching, the hardened muscles loosen up giving fibromyalgia help. Your physiotherapist can teach you the correct approach to stretch your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Various stretching exercises will also be suggested depending upon the condition or type of pain you have in what part of your body. The combination of these stretching exercises might need a stretching band or other accessories like a compression ball or a rubber band.
- Aerobic exercises: Low speed and low affect exercises are ideal. Stationary cycles and circular machines are typically less pressurizing on the joints. Aerobic exercises are also a great option for fast recovery, but the intensity depends on your condition.
- Aqua treatment: Swimming and other water activities are very good for fibromyalgia patients. The lightness of the water can decrease weight on muscles and joints and enhance adaptability. A warmed pool might be particularly useful because of the warmth that can calm sore muscles.
- Massage: Massage can help pain alleviation and joint stiffness.
- Joint movement: It can improve movement in the tightened muscles, delicate spots and joint stiffness.
- Hydrotherapy: Hydrotherapy with heat or ice packs works by stimulating the healing force of your own body. Cool packs lessen swelling by tightening veins. On the other hand, warm packs on painful areas widen veins. That expands the stream of blood, oxygen, and different supplements and speeds the elimination of toxins from the body.
Physiotherapy is a lifestyle remedy for such conditions but must have to be patient as the results will be gradual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.