Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
I am a girl with 25 years old, my problem is I am having the white dicharge with thich white color but no pain, no itching, and no smell, so what is the treatetment I can used
I have digesting problem due to which my weight does not increases. What should I do to solve my digesting problem and increase the weight.
I have a problem to study my back bone is paining when I am studying and sitting time what was the problem of mine please tell me sir I am disturbed about that problem please give me a valid suggestion thanking you.
I have periods problem. If I want to solve periods problem wat I have to do and wat type of food I want to take?
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.