Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena PrabhooYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. It has been six years since marriage with no kids. All my reports has no problem. For my husband as well. Dr. says its undefined infertility had lot of natural medicines still no use. My husband has heat body he is travelling 80 KMS up and down for his job. My periods cycle is evey 30 days once normal flow. Normal pain during periods. Tsh is 1.03 my weight is 63 kg and height is 5.2 o positive blood group. My husband 6.3 height and 95 kgs. A1 negative blood group. He has 20 millions sperm count and motility is 20%. My follicular studies are 16 day egg is getting rupture. And 21 day. Please suggest.
My menstrual cycle date is 15. I took I pill, bt still periods hv not come. So is der any chances for pregnancy?
Hi doctor. I am getting my period much irregular. Infact I am getting Once in a two month since last few months. Actually I have PCOD problem. And as per my doctor suggestion I have done HSG test and I got the positive report. My both fallopian tubes are open. After that test I thinking that, I am getting my period more irregular. I have done that test on October. After that month till now I hv got 3 cycles only. So I thought like this. Is there any causes due to that Test for my irregularity? Please Dr. help me out.
Hello. Me and my wife are participating in sex everyday well but my sperm was not staying in my wife's vagina its coming out everytime. What is the problem with my wife's reproductive system, why it is not holding the sperm? kindly reply.
I had intercourse on my ovulation day now I want yo know when should I check to know whether m pregnant or not? Like it was 19th of Jan my ovulation day m I expecting because I feel some disturbance in my stomach also it was aching on the ovulation day near my right abdomen.
My friend toke Emergency pill 10 min After sex with her boyfriend on 8th november, she got her period 2 day late on 22nd. November as compare to her last period cycle, Her periods last for 3 day and she had more bleeding which she usually get on fourth or fifth day and now she is having light bleeding ,is there any chance of pregnancy?
My wife 7 month pregnant so I want to know that can we do the sex now also is it cause any harm to my wife or to my baby.
I m 40 years old woman. I m suffering from heavy bleeding due my period, morethan 20 days. I m afraid to do operation. So please help me. What should I do?
It is important that you understand and fulfil the needs of your partner and address issues that concern you both. Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.
Hey doctor i have sex with my wife with in (14th to 20th January 1015) and after she had her period on (26th Jan 2015), and after that we have done nothing. Accordingly she must have her next period on (26th Feb 2015) and its (4th March 2015) today, But still she dint got her period. SO IS THERE IS ANY RISK OF GETTING PREGNANT? And if so what are the process of abortion? NEED SOME ADVICE. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!
We are having a nice sex life and my partner don't want to use condom. I don't want to get pregnant now and using emergency contraceptives is not a good idea. So is there any medicines/tabs which are suitable without any side effects on regular basis?
My urine analysis is slightly turbid, WBC is ocationaly .What is my condition doc? Is I am pregnant?
I have an ovarian cyst and want to get it removed through leprosy so can you please tell the appropriate cost of the whole process.
Do you love chewing gum? You love popping it and get a kick when chewing gum with friends. You think it’s a style statement and a cool thing to do. Above all, you think it’s only for fun and is harmless! Well, this article may be an eye opener for you. Here are some facts about chewing gum that can change your thinking.
- Chewing gum has been a favourite snack for millions of people, especially children and adolescents. Besides the sweetness, people like it for its flavour. Many people also use it as a replacement for a food craving. One fact that refrained many from consuming chewing gums was that it was loaded with sugar. However, with ever-growing awareness about consumption of sweetened products, the companies have now started offering sugar-free gum to health-conscious people which are made using artificial sweeteners.
- The artificial sweetener most commonly used in chewing gums is aspartame whose components metabolizes into wood alcohol and formaldehyde in the body. Both have carcinogenic properties and the body is unable to eliminate them through normal waste. These have been linked to cancers, birth defects and weight gain.
- Some tooth whitening gums contain an ingredient called Titanium Dioxide. This gives the chewing gum its glossy white color. It is a dangerous compound linked to many disorders including auto immune disorders, crohn’s disease, asthma and cancer.
- Gastrointestinal problems are quite common among chewing gum consumers. The symptoms include pain and cramps in abdomen, indigestion and diarrhea. Irritable bowel syndrome has been found to be associated with chewing gum eaters as chewing gum can lead to swallowing of excess air and changing of bowel habits.
- Dentists strongly recommend staying away from chewing gum habit, as it can be a cause of tooth decay. Chewing gum may also release mercury from Dental fillings into the system causing host of problems.
- Recent research has established a link between eating chewing gum and headache and migraines. It is believed that chewing gum puts an undue pressure on temporomandibular joint causing headaches. It can also lead to pain and lack of mobility in the jaw, causing an inability to chew meals. This is called temporomandibular joint disorder and is commonly found among chewing gum lovers.
- A chewing gum base is made from a combination of chemicals and non-edible substances. We generally chew it for flavour and throw the rest. However, the compounds do get stuck to the linings of the mouth and enter our system. A chewing gum adds no nutritive value and diminishes a person’s ability to chew and eat normally. For its far-reaching side effects, this habit is a big no to keep. Stay safe! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.