Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MeenaYour feedback matters!
HOW HEALTHY IS YOUR LIFESTYLE?
CHANGING TO A HEALTHIER lifestyle will improve your chances of living longer and enhance your quality of life. To find out exactly how healthy your current lifestyle choices about diet, exercise, alcohol, smoking, and stress.
Identify those aspects of your life that you want to change, then set yourself realistic targets to help boost your future health and wellbeing. To help your achieve your personal targets, turn to the pages listed where more detailed information and advices on that particular issue is provided.
ARE YOU EATING A HEALTHY DIET?
- Do you eat a lot of processed, convenience foods?
- Do you treat yourself to sweet snacks such as chocolate or cookies?.
- Do you skip meals?
- Do you eat late-night snacks?
- Do you go on diets, then gain the weight back in a few weeks?
- Do you usually choose white bread and pasta instead of the whole wheat varieties?
- Do you eat in restaurants more than three times a week?
- Do you need to take mutrient supplements?
- Do you often eat on the run?
Lastly Opt Homoeopathy for your family health......
Future Scope Of Homoeopathy
It will be the second most sought after system , second to allopathy.
- After superb conquest of bacterial infection by antibiotics , in future viral infections will rule and homeopathy is best with viral infections.
- With increasing medicinal costs , for poor it will be the only option left.
- Increase in stress and psychiatric diseases and allergic diseases , it will be an ideal choice.
- In prevention of diseases , it will be used more. It will be a drug of choice in veterinary field.
- Agriculture and fertilizers will use it more .And so on.
- Pregnancy with jaundice has high risk . Hom served well.
- Threatened abortion has best treatment success rate in homoeopathy.
- PCOD has excellent results.
- Homeopathy has helped secondary infertility in high numbers.
Pediatrics and Homeopathy
- Mumps / chickenpox / measles / URI / acute tonsillitis / malnutrition / teething / diarrhea / infective hepatitis / primary complex – Homeopathy is better than Allopathy.
- Height problems.
- Autism / dyslexia / cerebral palsy – Homeopathy is the only answer.
- Delayed speech / delayed milestones
- Homeopathy helps Injuries / fractures / muscle or tendon injury / sprains / rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoporosis and stress fractures Homoeopathy is the best.
- Sciatica and cervical spondylosis & spondylitis –Homoeopathy gives wonderful results.
Wonderful results in conjunctivitis ,glaucoma ,recurrent stye or hordeolum. etc
Allergic rhinitis ,recurrent tonsillitis ,pharyngitis, epistaxis,adenoiditis,chronic discharge from ear, pain in ear ,sinusitis ,nasal polyp,laryngitis and many more problems.
Homoeopathy and female problems
“Homoeopathy helps with the entire gamut of women’s problems.” This includes menstrual disorders,infertility, and pregnancy complaints to menopausal hot flushes,night sweats, headaches,fatigue,anxiety and depression . Homoeopathy can enhance pre-pregnancy health, improve chances of conception,reduce morning sickness,remove post-partum bruising of mother and newborn, smoother breast feeding problems and relieve postnatal depression.”
Homoeopathy can reduce labour and birth complications. Women when given homoeopathy during their 9th month experienced a shorter labour and less complications than other.
Homoeopathy Homoeopathy gives wonderful results in migraine, cluster headache, epilepsy, brain trauma, hemiplegia, paraplegia , quadriplegia, prosopalgia, trigeminal neuralgia and many more diseases.
Cognitive and Behavioral Disorders
- Delirium ,Dementia
- Psychosis – Schizophrenia ,Mania , Depression , Compulsive neurosis
- Personality disorders
- Neurosis – Anxiety , Hysteria
- Anxiety Disorders ,Phobic anxiety disorders
- Agoraphobia ,Social phobias ,Specific phobias
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
Corporate Lifestyle: Stress, Anxiety, Health Problems like hypertension, diabetes, insomnia and many more…..Homeopathy Does Help.
Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism , diabetes and adrenal problems.
DO YOU EXERCISE ENOUGH?
- Can you climb three flights of stairs without becoming breathless and exhausted?
- Do you sometimes walk or cycle instead of driving or talking the bus or train?
- Do you exercise three times a week?
- When exercising do you always warm up properly?
- Do you wear all the necessary safety equipment when exercising or playing a sport?
If you answered No to the first there questions, you are out of shape. To keep fit, you should exercise vigorously for 20 minutes, three times a week . it is easy to start. Answering No to the last two questions means you are not exercising safely and could injure yourself. Learn to exercise safely.
ARE YOU ABUSING YOUR BODY?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you smoke cigars or a pipe?
- Have you tried to stop smoking and failed?
- Do you regularly drink more than the recommended limits for alcohol intake?
- Do you drink when you are alone?
- Do you have trouble remembering what happened the night before when you have been out drinking?
If you answered YES to the first two questions you should stop smoking. If your answered YES to any of the last three questions, you need to cut down on your drinking.
ARE U UNDER STRESS?
- Do you feel that your never have enough time to do all the things you have to do?
- Is your home life a source of stress and conflict?
- Is your job highly stressful?
- Do you worry all the time?
- Do you find it hard to relax?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep at night?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you may not be dealing with stress very well. Find out how to cope with stress better, see if you have any of the early signs of too much stress, discover how stress can make you ill, and learn what to do if stress is making you anxious or depressed.
Hi I want to get pregnant but do not know what is the right time to be pregnant. We wash our vaginal area after sex .suggest me.
I'm 26 old n I want to get pregnant so can you please tell me some multivitamin tablet for good egg fertility to conceive.
The Eosinophilic disorders are one of the major hematological diseases, which deal with the white blood cells in the human body. The Eosinophils or the white blood cells play an important role in the human body while responding to asthma, allergic reactions, and infections that are caused due to parasites. Eosinophils not only play an important role in protective immunity against parasites but also contribute a lot to inflammation which occurs during allergic disorders.
Different disorders of the Eosinophils
- Low count of eosinophils
- High count of eosinophils
- Idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome
- Disorders and their treatments
Low count of eosinophils
A low count of eosinophils in the blood usually occurs with the sepsis or the infections in the blood stream, Cushing syndrome. They are usually treated with the corticosteroids. The treatment of the lower count of eosinophils is able to restore the normal count of the eosinophils.
High count of eosinophils
The condition of the high count of the eosinophils is known as eosinophilia or hypereosinophilia. Some of the most common causes which increase the count of the eosinophils are
- Disorders due to allergies including asthma, atopic dermatitis, eczema and allergic rhinitis.
- Infections caused by parasites, mainly the ones those are known to invade the tissues.
- Some of the cancers cause eosinophilia like leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma, and myeloproliferative disorders.
Symptoms of eosinophilia
When the count of the eosinophils increases considerably, it can not only inflame the tissues but can also cause damage to the organs. The organs that are usually affected due to this are the heart, skin, lungs and the nervous system. People may suffer from skin rashes, shortness of breath or wheezing and fatigue. One can also suffer from throat as well as stomach pain if the stomach or the esophagus gets affected.
It is generally treated with antibiotics even if no infection is detected. Doctors usually treat such conditions with the oral corticosteroids.
Idiopathic Hypereosinophilic Syndrome
In this disorder, the eosinophil count increases to more than 1500 cells/microliter of blood. It is common in the ones who have crossed 50 and usually suffers from a condition of the heart known as Loffler endocarditis which leads to heart attacks.
- Weight loss
- Night sweats
- Chest pain
- Stomach ache and sometimes coma
Most of the people need to treat this with the drugs of prednisone, hydroxyurea and sometimes chemotherapy drugs. Eosinophilic disorders should always be treated according to the drugs prescribed by the doctors.
Hello Doctor, I am 23 years old and having a baby of 1 and a half year. I always feel tired and want to sleep to relax. As per my age it's not good to get tired soon. Even I am not able to do task quickly b'coz it let me feel tired. I always feel hungry. But my diet include only regular food. Can you please tell me y I feel tired or sleepy and how I can get rid from this. Sometimes I feel that my legs are not there. Means bejaan karti hun Why?
I just want to know in which time I can do sex without precautions with 0 pregnancy risk as my wifes period timing is every month 19th.
I have 7th month of pregnancy. I am suffering from swelling on feet. So what should I do. please answer. Thanks.
I am suffering with pcos and thyroid. I have putting on weight continuously and also had problems with dark skin facial hair since pcos started.
My spouse recently became pregnant. Will her pregnancy destroy if I do vaginal sex with her at this time?
Hi my self Prasad. I had unprotected sex with my gf. On 12 of march. Her period was 6th of March. But she missed the period of April normally she will have periods every month 1st to 6th only. Nw its 45 days she didn't get periods. Am scaring she got pregnant. If she is pregnant means how take cure.
One of my friend she is not getting her monthly period on time. Some times it took 2 and half month. Do we need to any test for this? Please answer in brief.
Today we are going to share you details by which you can learn how we invite disease to our self and how we help us in not getting to the diseases. Our immunity power is helps us in the stage of disease and if we have good immunity power it can help us getting rid of diseases as soon as possible even without taking medicines.
Dr R.K Aggarwal says that we unknowingly or unknowingly invite diseases to us which could be by what we eat, take breath, drink water that’s what all we eat there not always all things are good for our body there always is waste materials in those. Well if our body has good immunity power it could help us in being healthy but if immunity power is not good it can cause diseases.
Dr. R K Aggarwal also discusses how having antibiotic or any disease would never help us in situation of urine infection or any related problems.
It will also be discussed why we should not go for operational treatment is not good for our body and why we should ignore operational treatments. How we eat much more than our lever digest so we much keep down what we eat. Whatever we eat should make it half to it.
Aphthae in our mouth is caused because of bad lever and problem in our stomach, Kidney stones will also be discussed. Cleansing our stomach will help us rescue us from it.
20 years of our research has helped us removing kidney stones through homeopathic medicines and that could help kidney stones to go out through urine. We should not fear from diseases some people get feared only by hearing names of diseases. Increase in ESR will also be discussed briefly.
Hi doctor. I am 3 months married girl. I am noticing from last two three times that whenever me and my husband do intercourse I get itching while doing and moreover we both can't discharge properly. Please tell me what is the problem my husband is under medication of depression ?
My cousin is 24 years old unmarried girl. She is pregnant of 2-3 weeks. Our family want to abort because of obvious reasons. My question is 1. Is abortion safe? 2. How much time it takes? 3. What is the cost involved in it?
Myself 57 yr. Lady. Sometimes bloody discharge appears from my breast. Is it any symptom of some disease?
First of all, if you want to get results in garbha sanskar, you must believe in garbha sanskar. It is a method to plan your precious babies, health, smartness, colour, mental activity and other as best. For that both parents will mentally prepare and do planning for pregancy in good season. Before pregnancy, do ayurvedic panchakarma therapy for detoxification and rejuvenation of whole body. Then take proper diet and proper medicine according to your prakruti, then do some meditation yoga, spirutial activity to remove impurities in mind from both the parents. Select good days for conception and clean place, then take schedule of 9 months. Ayurvedic remedies for mother has to be followed for good development of features to avoid complication during pregnacy. During 9 months of pregnancy, there is reform structure to mother what to avoid? What to eat? How to behave? A number of parents take benefits of garbha sanskar and believe in that.
All test done and are normal. Still not pregnant. We are trying from 1 and half years. Is it safe to use ttc kit and try it?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that can affect a woman's:
• Menstrual cycle
• Ability to have children
• Blood vessels
With PCOS, women typically have:
• High levels of androgens These are sometimes called male hormones, though females also make them.
• Many small cysts (fluid-filled sacs) in their ovaries
• Missed or irregular periods (monthly bleeding)
What causes PCOS?
The cause of PCOS is unknown. But most experts think that several factors, including genetics, could play a role. Women with PCOS are more likely to have a mother or sister with PCOS.
A main underlying problem with PCOS is a hormonal imbalance. In women with PCOS, the ovaries make more androgens than normal. Androgens are male hormones that females also make. High levels of these hormones affect the development and release of eggs during ovulation.
High androgen levels can lead to:
• Excessive hair growth
• Weight gain
• Problems with ovulation
How many women have PCOS?
Between 1 in 10 and 1 in 20 women of childbearing age has PCOS. It can occur in girls as young as 11 years old.
What are the symptoms of PCOD or PCOS?
The symptoms of PCOS can vary from woman to woman. Some of the symptoms of PCOS include:
• Infrequent, absent, and/or irregular menstrual periods
• Infertility (not able to get pregnant) because of not ovulating. In fact, PCOS is the most common cause of female infertility.
• Increased hair growth on the face, chest, stomach, back, thumbs, or toes
• Male-pattern baldness or thinning hair
• Cysts on the ovaries
• Acne, oily skin, or dandruff
• Weight gain or obesity, usually with extra weight around the waist
• Skin tags — excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
• Pelvic pain
• Anxiety or depression
• Patches of skin on the neck, arms, breasts, or thighs that are thick and dark brown or black
• Sleep apnea — when breathing stops for short periods of time while asleep
How do I know if I have PCOS?
There is no single test to diagnose PCOS. Your doctor will take the following steps to find out if you have PCOS or if something else is causing your symptoms.
Medical history. Your doctor will ask about your menstrual periods, weight changes, and other symptoms.
Physical exam. Your doctor will want to measure your blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), and waist size. He or she also will check the areas of increased hair growth. You should try to allow the natural hair to grow for a few days before the visit.
Pelvic exam. Your doctor might want to check to see if your ovaries are enlarged or swollen by the increased number of small cysts.
Blood tests. Your doctor may check the androgen hormone and glucose (sugar) levels in your blood.
Ultrasound (sonogram). Your doctor may perform a test that uses sound waves to take pictures of the pelvic area. It might be used to examine your ovaries for cysts and check the endometrium (lining of the womb). This lining may become thicker if your periods are not regular.
How is PCOS treated?
Because there is no cure for PCOS, it needs to be managed to prevent problems. Treatment goals are based on your symptoms, whether or not you want to become pregnant, and lowering your chances of getting heart disease and diabetes. Many women will need a combination of treatments to meet these goals. Some treatments for PCOS include:
Lifestyle modification. Many women with PCOS are overweight or obese, which can cause health problems. You can help manage your PCOS by eating healthy and exercising to keep your weight at a healthy level. Healthy eating tips include:
• Limiting processed foods and foods with added sugars
• Adding more whole-grain products, fruits, vegetables, and lean meats to your diet
This helps to lower blood glucose (sugar) levels, improve the body's use of insulin, and normalize hormone levels in your body. Even a 10 percent loss in body weight can restore a normal period and make your cycle more regular.
Birth control pills. For women who don't want to get pregnant, birth control pills can:
• Control menstrual cycles
• Reduce male hormone levels
• Help to clear acne
Fertility medications. Lack of ovulation is usually the reason for fertility problems in women with PCOS. Several medications that stimulate ovulation can help women with PCOS become pregnant. Even so, other reasons for infertility in both the woman and man should be ruled out before fertility medications are used.
Another option is in vitro fertilization (IVF). IVF offers the best chance of becoming pregnant in any given cycle. It also gives doctors better control over the chance of multiple births. But, IVF is very costly.
Surgery. "Ovarian drilling" is a surgery that may increase the chance of ovulation. It’s sometimes used when a woman does not respond to fertility medicines. This surgery can lower male hormone levels and help with ovulation. But, these effects may only last a few months.
Medicine for increased hair growth or extra male hormones. Medicines called anti-androgens may reduce hair growth and clear acne. Anti-androgens are often combined with birth control pills. These medications should not be taken if you are trying to become pregnant.
Before taking any Medicines tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Do not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Other options include:
• Cream to reduce facial hair
• Laser hair removal or electrolysis to remove hair
• Hormonal treatment to keep new hair from growing
Does PCOS change at menopause?
Yes and no. PCOS affects many systems in the body. So, many symptoms may persist even though ovarian function and hormone levels change as a woman nears menopause. For instance, excessive hair growth continues, and male-pattern baldness or thinning hair gets worse after menopause. Also, the risks of complications (health problems) from PCOS, such as heart attack, stroke, and diabetes, increase as a woman gets older.
How does PCOS affect a woman while pregnant?
Women with PCOS appear to have higher rates of:
• Premature delivery
• Pregnancy-induced high blood pressure
• Gestational diabetes
Does PCOS put women at risk for other health problems?
Women with PCOS have greater chances of developing several serious health conditions, including life-threatening diseases. Recent studies found that:
• Women with PCOS can have diabetes or pre-diabetes at early age.
• Women with PCOS are at greater risk of having high blood pressure.
• Women with PCOS can develop sleep apnea. This is when breathing stops for short periods of time during sleep.
Women with PCOS may also develop anxiety and depression. It is important to talk to your doctor about treatment for these mental health conditions.
Irregular menstrual periods and the lack of ovulation cause women to produce the hormone estrogen, but not the hormone progesterone. Progesterone causes the endometrium (lining of the womb) to shed each month as a menstrual period. Without progesterone, the endometrium becomes thick, which can cause heavy or irregular bleeding. Over time, this can lead to endometrial hyperplasia, when the lining grows too much, and cancer.
I have PCOS. What can I do to prevent complications?
If you have PCOS, get your symptoms under control at an earlier age to help reduce your chances of having complications like diabetes and heart disease. Talk to your doctor about treating all your symptoms, rather than focusing on just one aspect of your PCOS, such as problems getting pregnant. Also, talk to your doctor about getting tested for diabetes regularly. Other steps you can take to lower your chances of health problems include:
• Eating right
• Not smoking
How can I cope with the emotional effects of PCOS?
Having PCOS can be difficult. You may feel:
• Embarrassed by your appearance
• Worried about being able to get pregnant
Getting treatment for PCOS can help with these concerns and help boost your self-esteem.
It is advised that you should consult gynecologist who can help you based on your symptoms and requirements to manage PCOD / PCOS.