Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Meena D SavlaYour feedback matters!
I have eye sight vision problem. I am unable to see properly in the dark. Please advice me how I could get rid of them.
I am 23 years old. I have very weak eye sight of -4. How could I gain the normal eye sight without operation or lens. Should I have a normal eyesight by taking drops or pills? Pls suggest me. Thanks in advance.
I have red eyes in someday, every one ask's why your eyes are in red colour conditions. But I don't know why this is happen. Give me the suggestion.
I have problem to see far things or long distance objects by my eyes Objects are not looking exactly same.
I am 21 yr old and now aday always feel anxiety and memory loss, sleepiness since 5 month. headache, neck pain and eye blur at night.
I have a night blindness problem and some times it turn into a big issue. It irritates me a lot may I have some treatment for this problem.
How to increase weight? And how to increase eye sight? How to reduce stress? How to increase concentration?
Sir Every time I visit to doctor my number gets increased by 0. 5 my present no. Is -3. 5 and my age is 18 years. Please suggest me how overcome this problem and what' s the reason behind this!
I have red eyes from a week what will I do they are really painful I already used medications tell me some useful tips.
If the lens of the eye has been removed during surgery due to eye damage, will artificial lens help restore sight? At least partially? There is minimal view in the affected eye?
How can I improve my eye sight. I am having spectacles with - 4.25 and - 4.5 point. Is any chance of improve my eye sight. What type of vegetables can I take.
I'm 22 male, I got eye irritation and sneezing have taken many tablets it starts after 2, 3 days of leaving. What should i do?
I have red eye for 7 days and problem in reading what should I do please let me know.. Please answer the question about this.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.