Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Md. HasanYour feedback matters!
I have abscess down of neck and upper of brest. I have 10 years ago this abscess. After one year to up to date it is pain full. Please tell me what can I do and can is it cancer.
I am 35 year old and during combined screening test iugr risk factor is 1: 35.there is no chromosomal abnormality and no downs syndrome. Should I be worry or not.
Hello sir /Madam. I have suffering from Diabetes since of back one year. I am taking herbal medicine that is diabecon ds. BD dose. So kindly give me your expert opinion how can I control blood sugar level permanently.
Tinnitus problem, since last six months, cause of High Noise in Fabrication Industries, and continuous long time I am near to Metal Hammering. So I once visited to ENT Specialist but they asked me that there is no treatment foe Tinnitus. So Please help me.
I am suffering from dryness skin will be every time itching so I might very disturbing will you give me suggestion for that?
I am 56 years. I had been operated 4 times since dec. 2009 after my accident, by orthopedic surgeons. There is still some infection and I have to get the dressing done every alternate day. My problem is that I had started getting Uri infection after2014 operation. Medicines were taken after urine culture reports but it never went below 6, to 7 pus cells. Then I took aanwala shahad and now it is reported at 1 to 2 pus cell. Of late I am getting abnormal motion, it is very soft, blackish and do not come even after sitting for it I have to pressure and use water to make it come out. My stomach does feels huge amount of it pending. Even after drinking two glass of water, app. 500 to 600 ml water, I feel dryness in my mouth and feel like drinking water. I feel gaseous inside. Urine output is also not normal, I have to stand up to urinate. Kindly suggest medicines precautions.
I am 25 old female. I have sneezing problem. When I sleep under my home ac I l get continuous sneezing where in some other place I don't. Sometimes with out any reason there will b continuous sneezing. What could b the reason. Kindly suggest the mediation.
I just lost my virginity, without protection, have tested twice in 4 days, results are negative. But feeling terrible with blooding and leg pains.. swelling too.. what to do?
Dehydration, in simple words, is shortage of water in the body. Every cell in the body needs water in order to function properly. In fact, an adult's body weight is 60% water, while an infant's is up to 80% water. Other than oxygen, there is nothing that the body needs more than water.
Water - the irreplaceable
Water is so important because it has many critical functions in the body. Among other activities, water:
* lubricates the joints and connective tissues
* helps digest the food
* liquifies the mucus when you have got a cold
* eliminates bodily heat through sweat
* carries oxygen, carbohydrates and fats to working muscles
* flushes waste from the body through urine
* boosts endurance during prolonged exercise
* wards off bladder infections by washing out harmful bacteria
* helps curb your appetite
* plumps up wrinkles
* quenches thirst
Types of dehydration;
Mild, moderate and severe are the three types of dehydration. In mild dehydration, body loses 5% of its fluid. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 10%, it is moderate dehydration where medical attention is required. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 15%, it is severe dehydration where the affected person should be hospitalized immediately for intravenous replacement of fluids. In summer one could have lot of sweating which is very normal as the body balances its temperature. The only precaution that could prevent any type of dehydration is to replace lost fluid by drinking plenty of water regularly. Make it a point to take a minimum of 3 litres of water daily.
Dehydration can happen due to:
* insufficient liquid/water intake
* excessive loss of fluids due to diarrhea, vomiting and sunstroke
Signs and symptoms:
* furious thirst
* dizziness or nausea
* extreme exhaustion
* loss of elasticity of skin and wrinkling
* reduced urination
* easily irritable
* dry tongue
Treatment - home remedies
In mild cases of dehydration, the treatment is following the simple thumb rule of replacing the lost fluid. Non-alcoholic drinks may be given in plenty. Coconut water is the best. The oral dehydration solutions and sachets are available, which are easy to use. The following are some of the home remedies:
* drink plenty of water by adding sugar or salt to it.
* take yogurt, buttermilk, mint, apple, pomegranate, papaya, banana, carrot, potato, etc.
* add a few drops of pudinhara to half a cup of water and drink 3 - 4 times.
* drink a mixture of 1 tsf mint juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juie and 1 tsf honey.
* drink 1/2 tsf of dry ginger powder in 1 cup of buttermilk, 3 - 4 times a day.
* chew a few pieces of inner lining of pomegranate with salt and/or drink pomegranate juice.
* prepare a mixture by adding 1/2 tsf lemon juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juice and 1/4 tsf pepper powder and drink it.
* roast 1/2 tsf cumin (jeera) seeds and 1/2 tsf fenugreek seeds; mix and powder it, add to 4 tsf of yogurt, take it thrice a day.
* grate one raw papaya. Add 3 cups of water, boil for 10 mins, strain and finish the water in one day.
* stew apple with 2 pinches of nutmeg powder and 1 tsf sugar and eat it.
* eat plenty of fresh fruits.
* eat one green banana every two to four hours until symptoms subside.
* food rich in potassium are important to restore the body's essential stores depleted during diarrhea. Such foods include lentils, bananas, mangoes, pineapples, coconut milk and citrus fruits.
* avoid alcohol and caffeine, apticots, peas, pears, peaches, plums, prunes, etc. During dehydration.