Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mayuri PatelYour feedback matters!
Here's the reason as to why you must brush and floss. At any given time, you will have 6 million bacteria living in your mouth.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I have this huge gap between my two front teeth. My friend told me to go for braces but I've heard they aren't for the gap but fot the distorted teeth. Also they're expensive. Is there any other cheap way to get it done!
His to all respected I am using liquor ND beer regularly I have some ulcer in my mouth ND I am feeling also Pain in my heart please give me some prescription ND also tell me about medicine I am obliged thanking you.
Does daily gargling with salt water / lemon water cause cavities. I practiced it in good faith ,but now feel my teeth are affected. Also get frequent gum swelling and bleeding.
For healthier teeth, flossing daily in a sawing motion is highly recommended. Take the floss to the point where the teeth meet the gums.
Sir I have an problem of chewing any thing that is soft or hard and gets sensations very much so sir please suggest any solution.
My sister is 9 years old. accidentally she swallowed a piece of chewing gum. Could it be a problem later?
Doc I am tested 10th week and 14th week tridot test do not know what generation. After unsafe exposure. They came non reactive. But my symptoms are not leaving me. I am very tensed from last month still today. I have lost 8 kg of weight also. Thought of being hiv pos is killing me. These are my symptoms. 1.weak shoulder at point. Two weeks now 2.neck tight. Two weeks now 3.heavy head. From start 4.oral thrush. More than month 5.hairy tongue. Same 6.tiny red dots on tongue. Same 7.body trigger points fluctuate. Two weeks 8.armpit lymph. First symptom at least 2.5-month-old 1.5 cm 9.penis gland discolored. Sometime feels 10. Extra dry skin. Legs face hands 11. Sometime raised dots appeared on penis glan some time plain 12. Skin rash in first week 13.102 fever for 4-5 days in starting 14. Depression. Still today I had zocon for 10 days but no response. Now I have shown to ent. He is again given allegra and betadine gargle with antiseptic gel to apply. But I see no difference. Please help and suggest what to do. Is it Hiv? please reply.
Hi, Im facing gums problem. How should I take care for healthy gums. I didn't have any drinking and chewing habits. My gums are little bit move down on lower incisors.
Brushing your teeth twice a day is important, but many patients don't realize that flossing at least once a day is just as critical to achieving—and maintaining—a healthy smile. Flossing removes the cavity-causing bacteria left behind from food particles that get stuck between teeth. "Although bleeding and irritation sometimes can occur when you first start flossing, it's important to keep at it," says Dr. Ghareeb. "Your gums will toughen up and your oral health will be better for it."
2. Brushing too soon after eating
Consuming acidic foods and beverages, such as sports and energy drinks, citrus fruits, wine, and tomatoes, can erode tooth enamel—the glossy outer layer of the tooth. Brushing your teeth too soon after eating and drinking these items can cause more damage because you are essentially brushing the acid into the teeth, not getting rid of it. Instead, you should rinse your mouth with water after consuming acidic foods and beverages and wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your pearly whites!
3. Not replacing your toothbrush often enough
Not only are old toothbrushes ineffective, but they also harbor harmful bacteria that can cause infections. Toothbrushes should be changed every three to four months. "It's also important to change your toothbrush after you've had a cold," says Dr. Ghareeb.
4. Excessively bleaching your teeth
Overzealous bleaching can cause your teeth to look unnaturally white and increase tooth sensitivity. Before using an at-home bleaching product, talk to your dentist. "He or she can advise you on proper use of these products as well as which type of bleaching system will provide you with the best results," says Dr. Ghareeb.
5. Using a hard-bristled toothbrush
A hard-bristled toothbrush coupled with an aggressive brushing technique can cause irreversible damage to your gums. Use a soft toothbrush and gently brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle, in a circular motion. Using a back-and-forth, sawing motion causes the gums to recede, and can expose the root of the tooth, making teeth extremely sensitive.
Hi What is the dental standard for defense? in my case orthodontics treatment is going on, so 4 teeth already extracted ( premolar ). And two wisdom teeth having root canal treatment. I have heard 14 dental points. Am I still eligible?
1) when I sleeped at with out cloth at that time I stayed in balcani & i saw my body is heat I cool downed by wall & slept next day I felt vomiting something happening in stomach & sometime I got itching whole over body next day I bath with (kitchen soda white powder) for itching relief & nextday I applied coconut oil total the body for relief itching & nextday pimple in nose tow sides inner part 2) I smoked bd daily I changed brands 3) in mouth inner up side red dots & pain 4) when I brush in morning & take tea & then in my lips inner side skin coming 5) when I smoke bd at morning pain in left hand shoulder 6) for itching I taken tab morning (sinarest tab) two days and stepsil for mouth pain.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.