Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mayur Ramesh Gunderia
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mayur Ramesh GunderiaYour feedback matters!
His sex drive is less and now I don't care much either
Q: Hi, I’m 40 and married at 20 years. I have a stable marriage and a friendly relationship with my husband. From the beginning my husband’s sex drive has been much less than normal. He isn’t very adventurous or outgoing. I’ve had many discussions with him and tried to address this issue. Now i’ve reached a place where it doesn’t bother me much. Is that ok? have I reached an impasse?
a: You are speaking the fears of every woman who has ever been in a passionless relationship. Chemistry is a wonderful feeling. It consists of an increase in dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, estrogen, and oxytocin and makes you feel really high. This high – which we call chemistry or attraction – generally lasts from 18-36 months. And while it is a wonderful feeling, it is not the same as love, although most folks call it being “in love”. Additionally, this “in love” feeling is not necessarily a good predictor of your future, because, well, you’ve had it before in relationships that ultimately failed.
What I’ve observed as a sexologist is that people are slaves to chemistry, ignore compatibility (the ability to get along and build a future), and wonder why they’re so unhappy if they’re “in love”.
When you’re planning a 40-year relationship, compatibility – the ability to compromise, make thousands of tiny decisions as a couple, and build a life together – is ultimately more important than white-hot chemistry. As to what you do now?
I think it has to be a hard conversation with your husband, in which you figure out your endgame before you talk, and lead him to your desired conclusion
1. Compliment your husband on being a great husband, father and teammate.
2. Tell him that you feel sexually deprived. Tell him that while you love him dearly and have no desire to break up your family, you are starving for affection and don’t want to live the rest of your life without it.
3. Ask him to collaborate with you in coming up with a solution. This is a team effort to preserve your marriage and make you feel sexually satisfied, and if he values your happiness, He has to help solve it.
What will you come up with?
That’s up to you as a couple. I wish you well as a doctor, and thank you for illustrating that no sexual chemistry should be a non-starter in relationships, and that is it also an important part of a married life. Please relax and focus on your happiness and cultivate hobbies and do things that bring you joy.
Now I am seven week pregnant. And from last 2 to 3 days. I have urine infection. Can you suggest what'll I do.
Hello doctor. I just got married 2 months back. Actually my wife don't want to get pregnant for 01 year. So please tell me what is the safe time to have sex without protection or condom.
I am 6 months pregnant. As per my blood report the doctor detected that I have urine infection. She has suggested cefa 200 twice in a day. Is it safe to take this medicine during pregnancy?
Me and my gf had done the sexual foreplay activity on 26th of nov. But there was not any kind of penetration. I used my penis to foreplay with her vagina. We didn't do sex. But she has missed her periods which was supposed to be on 2nd of dec. Is there any chances of getting pregnant. What does she need to do to avoid pregnancy?
Pregnancy is that period of time in a woman's life when she is excited about giving birth to her baby. She is not only responsible to keep herself healthy, but her baby is also her responsibility. What she eats, how she lives and her daily routine will affect the baby. Thus, to have a healthy pregnancy it is necessary that you exercise regularly and eat well. You should also avoid those things that may hurt your baby.
Take care of what you eat
During pregnancy it is important to get proper nutrition so that you and your baby are healthy. For slow and gradual weight gain, it is necessary to pay close attention to the folic acid, calcium and iron intake. However, if you are obese, then your weight gain regime will be different from others.
The diet during pregnancy should include:
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of Vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- It is also necessary to eat dairy products like milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt during pregnancy. They are important because they contain the calcium and nutrients that are necessary for the growth of the baby.
What to avoid
Just as you should eat certain food items to be healthy, there are certain foods that must be avoided to be fit and healthy. Avoid the following during pregnancy
- Drugs and alcohol
- Medicines that are not prescribed by your physician
- Smoking tobacco
- Fried and oily food
- Fishes those are rich in mercury like shark, tilefish, swordfish and those fishes that are caught in local waters are not considered safe.
- Too much intake of caffeine is also hazardous for a pregnant lady.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned diet tips you can keep your baby and yourself healthy. Always get advice from your physician for any decision that you take during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.