Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mayur Mehta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mayur MehtaYour feedback matters!
I was prescribed Pre Aldonil 150 in place of Pre Aldonil 75, which I am taking presently. The doctor went abroad soon after advising me this, and is not going to be reachable for a long time. I cannot find 150 in Mumbai market. My chemist suggests I take 2x75 instead if 1x150 once daily. Is it safe for me to accept this suggestion? A quick and clear answer will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Hi My father is 65 years old and is a diabetic patient for more than 20 years. He had carbuncle on his back for which he recently went for surgery. He was also on insulin. 6 units before breakfast (Regular, 6 units before lunch (regularly, 12 units before dinner .His sugar is not getting controlled .His recent fasting is 198 mg/dl. Please suggest what to do.
Hi I 37 years old I am diabetic since 13 years. On insulin twice a day. I had angiogram 2 years ago with one blockage of 60%. I was a smoker but its been 2 years I have quit smoking completely. Now the medicines I am taking is metocard xl twice a day. clopitab A 75 once and tonact 40 once. My question is I feel good now but how long do I have to take these tablets. Ll.
My father is suffering from right leg ankle pain from a month , we did xray but nothing was found, we also did uric acid test but test was also ok. We did all kind of massage and exercises but was not relieved. What should we do?
I am a diabetic, since last 15 years. I am 47 years of age. Please suggest suitable medication and diet. My sugar pp is 185.
Hi my husband age is 28 years he has fatty liver and cholesterol. And a kidney stones but now he is much better. But my question is that when he check his sugar level then always his level is between 105 to 120 on fasting. Can his diabetic or not and his weight is 90 kg.
|HYPOTHYROIDISM / MYXOEDEMA
Hypothyroidism is a clinical condition, which results from deficiency of thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism with deposition of mucinous substance in subcutaneous tissues is known as ‘myxoedema`.
|• Primary thyroid gland involvement.
• Lack of pituitary TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).
• Hypothalamic deficiency of TRH (thyrotropin-releasing hormone).
• Autoimmune thyroiditis.
• Severe iodine deficiency.
|SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:|
|• Slowing down of mental and physical functions of the body.
• Easy fatigability and tiredness.
• Body ache.
• Puffiness of face.
• Edema feet.
• Weight gain.
• Increased sensitivity to cold.
• Dryness of skin.
• Brittle nails.
• Hair fall.
• Hoarseness of voice.
• Hearing loss.
• Tendency for repeated infections.
• Muscle cramps.
• Shortness of breath.
• Mood swings.
• Slow speech.
• Menorrhagia (profuse menses).
• Occasionally rise in blood pressure.
• Avoid goitrogens (food that blocks the utilization of iodine): turnips, cabbage, mustard, cassava root, soybeans, peanuts, pine nuts and millets. Cooking usually inactivates goitrogens.
|• Increase consumption of iodine, it is an important building block of thyroid hormone:
meat, milk and milk, sea plants- kelp, dulse (vegetable sea food) and Japanese sea vegetables. Plants grown in iodine rich soils are also good source of iodine.
– Iodized salt is a primary source of iodine.
• Increase consumption of copper, selenium and zinc as these minerals are essential for normal thyroid hormone production and metabolism.
• Foods rich in copper:
– Meat gelatin, eggs, yeast, lamb; pork; pheasant quail; duck; goose; squid; salmon; organ meats.
– Soy and soy products, nuts and seeds, beans, legumes; almonds, broccoli, garlic; bran breads and cereals; sea plants and mushrooms.
– Dried beans - soy beans, lima beans, baked beans, dried peas; lentils; barley.
– Dried fruits including raisins, dates, prunes, avocado, Chocolate.
– Some amount of cooper is obtained from cooking in copper vessels.
• Foods rich in selenium:
– Grains, Brazil nuts, garlic, wheat germ and brewer`s yeast, fish, shellfish, eggs, red meat, chicken and liver.
• Food rich in zinc: Good dietary sources of zinc include seafood (especially oysters), beef, oatmeal, chicken, liver, spinach, nuts and seeds.
– Meat, poultry and milk, shell fish, crab, shrimp and sea plants etc.
– Plant foods are low in zinc, Whole wheat grains provide good amount of zinc.
• Increase consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, one of the PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids), as it also contributes to normal thyroid function: Fish and fish oils provide excellent forms of omega-3s as well as vitamin A, which improves thyroid receptor binding and thyroid hormone activity. Flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, maize oil, sesame oil, rich bran oil, ground nut oil, mustard oil and olive oil.
• Increase consumption of proteins - tyrosine, an amino acid is a precursor for making thyroid hormone :
– Milk and milk products, eggs (is the richest source), Flesh food: meat, fish, and poultry.
– Nuts and oilseeds, pulses, cereals.
• Mild to moderate exercise is advisable, exercise stimulates thyroid gland function.
• Practise yoga, helps in increasing tissue sensitivity to thyroid hormone.
• If myxoedema presents with complications like cardiac failure or coma consult your physician immediately. Immediate medical attention is necessary.
Note Blood test empty stomach ,,,,T3 T4 TSH