Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mayoor Kantilal ChhedaYour feedback matters!
My baby weight 4 kgs and she is 3rd month baby girl. Is her weight is good or bad? Mother feeding of my baby is very low, she drink formula milk. How to increase her weight?
My daughter is 2 years old she is not doing motion daily. What to do she has done last motion 2 days back.
My child 1 year 4 months suffering from diarrhea and not digesting even water kindly suggest me what should i do?
1) COLD & COUGH : Honey is highly soothing for temporary cough relief. You can prepare a warm drink with ginger, honey, and lemon juice to drink before bedtime. The ginger and lemon soothe the throat, and the honey loosens up mucus and also acts as a gentle cough suppressant. Don't give honey to babies ages one or under, though, due to the risk of infantile botulism. For the really little ones, a hot steam vaporizer usually does the trick.
2) NASAL CONGESTION: A stuffy nose is an added challenge with babies and toddlers, as they can’t blow their nose. Prepare a solution of salt in lukewarm water, put this saline solution into the nose, then let your baby lie down for a while, and use the aspirator to remove the loosened mucus. This remedy is safe for babies as well as toddlers.
3) STOMACH UPSET/VOMITING: Stomach aches or infections are the most difficult to get around and can be highly uneasy for the child. Try giving light liquids like dal/rice and vegetable stock, the best that works for everything is breat milk. If you can't breast feed, try to boil fennel seeds (sauf) in milk to make the baby's stomach feel better.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question about your child's health.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
My child is diagnosed with adhd. He is 6 years old. Can this disease be cured completely. Doctor say that he did not get oxygen at the time of birth. But I don't agree with them. He is very hyper and speaks some words not sentences. Doctor is giving him atomoxetine hydrochloride-18mg, sizodon md 0.5 mg, coenzyme-10.(50mg. And carbamazepine.
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
My baby got seizure when she was 5 days old due to low blood sugar this is coz of poor feeding, CSF investigation is normal, brain scan is normal, other blood tests is also normal. Again she got fits at the month of 10th due to fever, doc has asked to give her frisium tab with P250, MRI and EEG is also normal, then also she is taking the medicine when all she gets fever. I'm much worried about the medicine would become over dose and affect her internal organs. Plz give me your advice.
I wanted to know how and when can I give my baby dry fruit powder as she is not gaining weight. She is 10 months old and weigh 7.1 kgs.
My daughter 1.5 year having vomiting after feeding milk. Also mother having pregnancy now. Is that reason baby having wamiting? please let me know what to do ?
Skin Care Tips for Eczema Patients
As the ailment is chronic and of relapsing nature, persistence with proper skin care is a must. The patient and his care-takers should be educated about the disease triggers and measures to avoid them.
•Bathe less frequently: Patient should opt to bathe just two or three times a week with lukewarm water (avoid hot water) maximum for 5-10 minutes.
•Gently pat skin dry with a towel after bathing. Apply moisturizer immediately after bathing or swimming while the skin is still damp so as to seal in the moisture especially during winter.
•Avoid using soap. Restrict use of soap to genitals, axillae, hands and feet.
•Use of mild cleanser or moisturizing soap is recommended. Mild soaps clean without excessively removing natural oils.
•To retain the moisture after application of moisturizer patient could cover the area with a wrap or if hands are involved he can use gloves. This is not advised when steroidal applications are used as it increases the potential for developing their side-effects.
•Soaking the lesion in sodium bicarbonate or colloidal oatmeal to bath helps in reduce itching.
•By wearing gloves in the winter patient can prevent skin from being exposed to cold air with little humidity which can dry the skin.
•Regularly clip nails to prevent abrasion of skin while scratching. This reduces the chances of developing secondary infection.
•Avoid contact with allergens or irritants to the skin e.G. Wool, perfumes, detergents, etc.
•Children should be encouraged to drink plenty of water. Fluids help add moisture to the skin.
•Food substances that provoke allergies (allergens) should be avoided, e.G: Tomatoes which can be acidic.
•Tight-fitting, rough or scratchy clothing can irritate the skin. Wool and some synthetics are especially likely to irritate the skin. Wearing cotton and cotton blends are better choices.
•Scratching the skin rash: Patients often find it difficult to control this urge hence they should cover the affected area with a dressing or wear gloves at night to reduce damage to the skin caused by scratching accidentally during sleep.
•Avoid strenuous exercise during a flare-up as sweating can irritate the rash.
•Try and reduce mental and physical stress. Stress can trigger flare-ups. Older children and adults can learn breathing techniques and meditation to reduce stress.
Hello doctors, My baby girl is 4.5 month old she was having fever from 4 days so we visited doctor and he diagnosed her with diarrhea since she was passing v less urine and more watery stools. So doctor has prescribed zenflox 2.5 ml, entroflora, redotil sachet. And asked me to stop breastfeeding and start zerolac milk for her. I am not convinced to stop breast feeding since I have heard from all that breastfeeding ia the best medicine and contains antibodies for children to fight with infection. Please suggest.
Mera beta 7 saal ka hai. Uska Dengue fever ho gaya hai. Hospital mein I C you mein admit hai. Lekin fever kami nahi ho raha hai aur PLATELETS bhi kami hoti ja rahi hai. Bilkul bhi aram nahi lag raha hai. Kya ye jaldi sahi ho jayega.
My 10 years old twins daughters having plum body. They are not very overweight and they are very active too But still looks plum. Their height is around 4.5" and weight around 42 KG
Dear sir/madam. This is my sad story my 2 baby story .last 3 years back we have girl baby. Baby fine for 3 month but suddenly baby got hurting. We go to Doctor clinic. He told me treating but not to get baby fine. Then we go to clinic ,doctor told me go to big hospital ,then we go to hospital baby starting to cry always ahh ahh ahh ahh lyk this. Doctors taking ICU but 3 days giving treatment they told me. Urine infection .baby not cure 4th day baby dead. Doctor not telling what is that problem. Then now 8 month back born boy baby. That baby also fine but 3 month after happening same problem baby starting cough we going to clinic there is giving tonics and some treatment ,also nebloising and baby starting wheezing sound in throat. Then it's not getting control then we going to same hospital there admitting .first day giving oxygen it's cure in 2 day in ICU .then shifting ward 8 hours after suddenly night. Starting vomiting then going to ICU after 4 days baby dead we are suffering a lot, I can't understand please tell me what is this I am very sad. Doctor can't understand what is the problem .they can't find please told me please give me suggestions. We are doing all test all OK fine, please tell me.
My baby is 10 month old. I am giving him safola masala oats. Shall I continue is that does not cause any problem sir/mam?
Sir, I am asking about my 2 months baby podiatrist tell heart beat combined with murmur sound. Is that anything serious? He told that consult with cardiactist doctor I went cardiologist they check and told she having normal heart beat no worry. Again went podiatrist for general check up again telling the same baby having some heartbeat with murmur sound so check after 3 or 4 months. Tell the reason for murmur sound what to do next?
My son is one year old what meal timetable I can follow? He is only 8.5 kg. He is active but looks lean. Help me to provide the best meal timetable.
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.