Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mayenkar Snehal Dutt
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Mayenkar Snehal DuttYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years weight 60kg height 5 foot 6 inch I suffer from muscles stiffness muscles cramp tingling and feel weakness in leg and facing problem in up and down movement and also have emotional imbalance problems memory weakness and difficult in learning and nervous system weak specially in mind I want to do some test as calcium level, serotonin level, vitamin d level. Is this right test if not, please suggest right test to reach to confirm disease and also have problem in concentration.
I am 27 got delivered 8months back had severe back pain and had migraine. Now i'm not able to do even household chores feeling sick. Is this common after delivery. What to do ?
I had knee pain. When I bend my right knee, a sound (clicking sound) is coming. What should I do. Sometimes its paining, sometimes its not paining.
Hi, I am male 29 yrs, I am experiencing hot flush in both my legs for few seconds. And have severe pain in my ankle when I wake up in the morning. I am currently taking ibuprofen 400 mg 3x day please advise.
My friend fall down from stairs 10 days back so his wrist is injured a little bit but the x-rays didn't show any damage to the wrist or hand and he consult several doctors maybe 2 to 3 I think and took the medications they prefer but he still find some pain and most importantly stiffness so that his wrist is not moving freely like normal so what do you say about it.
I am suffering backpain since three years and last four months to leg pain. I am getting very tired every movement like when I walk somewhere. Please help me.
I am 22 year old male and I have thighach from last two days, I am a professional bowler and already been used moov and volini. So what should I do for that?
Have you undergone cartilage damage recently and are seeking ideal treatment measures? Cartilage damage is a common form of injury that involves your knees. Other joints such as the ankles, elbows and hips may also be affected by cartilage damage. Cartilage, the tough and flexible tissues covering the surface of your joints, acts as a shock absorber, allowing the bones to slide over each other. Cartilage damage may occur because of injuries such as a gradual wear, sports injuries and osteoarthritis. While acute cartilage damage may heal on its own, severe damage may need treatment via surgical measures.
- Physiotherapy is effective when you experience difficulty in moving your affected joint.
- It is also an important part of recovery if you have to undergo surgical procedures for treating cartilage damage.
- A physiotherapist will teach you certain exercises that are effective for strengthening the muscles that surround and support your affected joint.
- This helps in reducing pain and pressure on the joint.
- Severe and serious cartilage damage does not heal effectively on its own, and a surgery may be required for treatment.
- Usually, surgery is performed by using Arthroscopy. This is a form of keyhole surgery in which certain instruments are inserted into your affected joint via incisions or small cuts.
- In some cases, larger incisions have to be made.
- Such surgeries are carried out after giving general anesthesia to the patient.
The most common surgeries that are undertaken in cases of cartilage damage include the following:
Lavage and debridement
- In this form of surgery, your joint is cleaned for the removal of any loose tissues.
- The damaged edges are trimmed to be made smooth. Sometimes, the damage may also be repaired during the same time.
- In this procedure, tiny holes are made on the bone beneath your damaged cartilage that releases the bone marrow in it.
- The marrow cells stimulate the production of new cartilage.
- In this procedure, small plugs of healthy cartilage from areas of a joint that are non-weight bearing are removed and used for replacing areas of the affected cartilage.
- This procedure involves the alteration of the alignment of your leg for reducing pressure on the damaged area.
- It is effective in improving pain.
- A wedge of bone may be removed or added from your thigh bone or shin bone.
- The bone gets fixed with a plate till it gets healed.
In some cases, a joint replacement surgery has to be carried out. In this procedure, the entire affected joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint. Hip replacement and knee replacement are common examples of this kind of surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.