Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mayank Jain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Mayank JainYour feedback matters!
It is considered as the medical speciality, which caters to injuries and various diseases in the musculoskeletal system of the human body. This constitutes the joints, bones, tendons, nerves and muscles that enables a human being to move, be active and work. Orthopaedic surgeons perform special problems like diagnosis of the injury or disorder, treatment with right medication, rehabilitation that is by prescribing exercises and physical therapy in order to restore back movement, function and strength and finally prevention by providing information and plans of treatment to prevent the injury or reduce the progression of the disease.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
PRP is the next generation injection method which is used commonly for conditions like knee, hip, shoulder and spine osteoarthritis, cuff tears, ACL injuries, pelvic instability, tennis elbow, back and neck injuries, ankle sprains, ligament sprains and tendinitis. It includes higher blood rate platelet concentrations and the patient experiences fewer chances of inflammatory side effects due to its pure PRP mixture.
How does it heal the body?
- The human body at first responds to the soft tissues injury which is to have the platelet cells.
- They are packed with healing factors that initiate repair and also attract critical assistance of the stem cells.
- The process intensifies the human body’s efforts which directly delivers a higher platelet concentration into the area of need.
- To create the PRP, a small section of the patient’s blood is drawn and it is placed into centrifuge which spins blood at a higher speed and separates the platelets from the components.
- It is injected into and at around the mark of injury and it significantly strengthens the process of healing.
- Just because the patient’s own blood is used in the process there is no risk of transmissible infection and also has less chance of allergic reaction.
- The procedure takes a couple of hours inclusive of the recovery and preparation time. It offers instant recovery as well avoids a long stay in the hospitals and application of anesthesia.
Outcome of PRP?
As the goal of PRP therapy is just to resolve pain by healing, it can prove to have long-lasting results. Initially, improvements are seen within few weeks eventually increases with the healing progress. The research studies have shown that PRP therapy is safe and effective and enables the patient to get back to their normal daily routine.
The PRP is very rich in platelets and it is a very old therapy that is adopted. It is a simple process and has multiple injections lasting 60-90 minutes and above all, it has natural end results, for example, PRP therapy is applied in hair restoration that provides natural appearing end results. It is a reliable process and therapy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My grandmother have pain in knees she many times have problem of stomach ache. Suggest me any good medicine for her please.?
I am 25 years old and I have a pain in back bone from 2-3 months and I visits to doctor but they said its common but its increases so please tell me what I can do and I can't sit, walk or sleep comfortly I am waiting please tell me.
I am suffering from l3 L4 mild disc bulge from last 2 years and my pain gets more n more day by day. Should I go for surgery. Will that be the right choice for me. My age is just 23.
I am working in night shifts. Last night I slept in two chairs for around 2 hours and then by putting head down in table. Now since today morning I am having severe pain behind my neck and right shoulder. I applied Move spray also but no gain. Still it is very aching to move my neck. What can I do to get a quick relief ?
I am male 25 years old. I consulted the doctor for my leg pain. He old me that it is" shin splints" he advised me to take rest. I have bow knee. I need to know the reason for this and is there any possibility to overcome bow leg.
Sir/madam, From last 2 years , I am getting pain in right side foot and leg (only in night time while sleeping). I have also consulted doctor for this. They suggested me to take vitamin tablets and body pain tablets. But still problem not solved. Please suggest me any medication.
I am 46 years old female with sitting job 7-8 hours. I feel pain near tail notch on sitting. Ceel no pain while standing. I also feel pain while compressing my muscles. What can be the probable problem. Mri shows lumbarisation in s1 l1.
A fracture is a complete or incomplete crack, which appears on a bone due to application of intense pressure or force. A fracture results in extreme pain, and the bone becomes immobile. Any kind of movement boosts the pain. Fracture pain occurs in three distinct stages. Acute pain is felt immediately after a fracture while sub acute pain occurs over the weeks that follow after a fracture. The third stage or chronic pain occurs when the fracture and soft tissues around it have healed.
Fracture pain is quite intense in nature and proper precautions should be taken while dealing with them:
- Development of fracture pain: When a bone undergoes a fracture, the ligaments and tendons are also damaged. While the bone slowly heals, ligaments and tendons fail to heal equally well or completely. Post fracture pain also develops when the outside of the bone does not heal completely. This usually does not appear in an X-ray.
- Treatment of fracture pain: Modern medications can be utilized to treat a fracture pain. Steroid injections and prescribed anti-inflammatory medicines help in treating a fracture pain. However, these remedies cause side effects, which are harmful for the body. Cortisone shots are utilized for the same purpose as well.
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is an approach where ligament and tendon strengthening is stimulated along with repairing. This technique ensures complete treatment of the fracture, and the risk of long-term complications like arthritis is absent. In cases of fracture pain, which occurs due to the incomplete healing of the outer part of the bone, Prolotherapy helps in strengthening the fibro-osseous junction at the source of the pain. This will stop the nerve endings from firing. Prolotherapy provides speedy recovery and accounts for making the injured bone stronger than before. This process is often undergone by athletes. The procedure is undertaken only after thorough examinations for detection of the root cause of the pain. Prolotherapy is considered to be the best treatment for repairing tendons and ligaments, which commonly cause fracture pain. The body is simply stimulated and the painful areas are repaired. This is done by the introduction of a mild inflammatory reaction to the area of the weak tendons and cartilages. The results obtained after Prolotherapy are permanent and the fracture pain is unlikely to reoccur.
- Splints are utilized to stop the movement of fractured bone and braces can be used to support the bone. Plaster cast also supports and immobilizes the fractured bone. Traction and surgical implants are other treatment measures.
- Fracture pain occurs not only because of the broken bone, but also because of the weakened ligaments and tendons around the bone. Fracture pain should be handled very carefully, and proper control measures should be applied. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.