Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mayank DoshiYour feedback matters!
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson’s disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
My friend is having toothache in the left lower area possibly (5-6-7) tooth around. X ray has been done and the doctors are suggetsting that everything is normal. The pain refuses to subside. Pain killers have been given but pain resurfaces with no medication. Please guide and help. Please help.
I am 38 old woman and I have pain in right side half head nick tongue cheek and shoulder and my tongue is red from right side and I face every time pain.
Please give the cost with various type of dental transplant third last upper tooth, Tooth already removed.
Hi this is sumit and I have very big problem my teeth was pain for every after 2-3 days plse I request awser mi.
I have teeth problem from 8 days and when I brush teeth that time bleeding occur what can I do tell me.
Under denture teeth there are cuts due to which problem in chewing food and pain in mouth. Any Antibiotic or medicine to recoup the cuts. Taken pain killer but to no vain.
Hi My name is Khan Noufil. I am having a bad smell from my mouth. If somebody stands or sits near me tells that Go away from here and brush your teeth. And I always brush my teeth once. please find a solution out.
Using baking soda as a home remedy for whitening your teeth is helpful, but do not use harshly as it acts as an abrasive it will abrade your enamel layer exposing dentinal tubles making them sensitive.
Use baking soda but once in a week, it helps in removing stains but just avoid applying it harshly.