Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maya P. L. Gade
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Maya P. L. GadeYour feedback matters!
With the latest UPT results pregnancy came positive. This is my start of 6 week in 1st trimester. I feel nausea and hyperemesis all the time, please suggest a idle food to intake during this time.
Vaginal itching is an uncomfortable and sometimes painful symptom that is often caused by irritating substances, treatable and preventable infections, or menopause. In rare cases, itching may occur due to stress or can be a sign of vulvar cancer. Your gynecologist can determine the cause of your itching through an examination and testing. He or she will then be able to recommend appropriate treatments for this uncomfortable symptom.
Through good hygiene and a healthy diet, you can avoid most causes of vaginal itching.
Home Care for Vaginal Itching
To prevent vaginal irritation and infection, there are several steps you can take at home.
Avoid using feminine hygiene products, as these can cause irritation.
Avoid scented soaps, lotions, and bubble baths.
When exercising or swimming, change out of wet or damp clothing immediately afterward.
Wear cotton underwear, which is breathable and will keep you dry.
Eat yogurt with live cultures to reduce the chance of getting yeast infections.
If you are diabetic, take steps to control your blood sugar.
I had sex with my girl friend during the month of june 2nd week. June 12th. And now she is pregnant. While having the ultra sound scan. The result shows it had been 17.2 weeks. Is that possible? According to the date we have had sex? Please help me with this.
Infertility is the term usually described to a condition when a “woman” who is unable to conceive even after 6 months of unprotected sex. Its usually a self diagnosable condition which is treated by medical professional. A woman should seek a medical treatment when she is 35 or above by trying more than 6 months of unprotected sex. There are several treatments like “invitro” fertilization that provides good results for the infertile couples.
The main cause may include irregular periods, thyroid problems, diabetes, or hormonal imbalances.
As a dietitian, I would extend my hands and request you all people reading this to join my hands and lets begin to beat infertility through dietary modifications and lifestyle pattern changes.
Here are the foods to be avoided while you are trying to conceive.
Red meat since it possess high ammonia, that would interfere in the implantation of uterus. Its high acidic content, reduces the sperm cell count and lead to infertile condition.
Avoid trans fats in baked foods, processed foods, fried foods, in simple avoid eating out. Have a healthy foods prepared in home with less oils. The consumption may decrease your insulin and so makes you diabetic.
Avoid refined sugars instead take honey, jaggery, for sweetness.
It’s good to avoid non organic chicken that may produce imbalance in your hormones and thus leading to infertility.
Complete avoidance of alcohol
So, its not about the complete avoidance, you can have it occasionally. So be chill that you wont be pushed to that extreme of total abstinence to these foods. But there are some foods that I would prefer you to consume often or even daily. Here is the list
Beans, the vegetable with full of vitamins and minerals, provides you all healthy beneficiaries, as it aids in the digestion, keeps your body toxic free, so that the sperms that enters have a healthy atmosphere for development.
Leafy vegetables the essential food in all healthy diet plan, since it contains folate the vitamin, that is required for improving ovulation.
Pumpkin, specially its seeds, for the iron it provides.
Take complex carbs like whole wheat, brown rice, etc. As it may protect you from getting diabetes.
Olive oil possessing good amount of monounsaturated oil, helps in lowering the inflammation if there is any.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. menisci is exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common injury faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of pain and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a menisci tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn menisci depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
- You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
- Stiffness and swelling
- You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
- You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not happening through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. The surgery is done through a small incision, called as arthroscopic surgery or key hole surgery, where in the torn meniscus is either repaired or trimmed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.