Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Maya KirpalaniYour feedback matters!
I wanted to know how to increase the memory power so that we can kept the things remembered for longer time?
My prblm is that my confidence was getting lost. Plzz help me to recover my confidence. Bcoz I can not concentrate to my study.
I Have depression problem since three years. And I never care about it. But now I feel that its Serious. And I want to know about it. Because I want great health and mind.
Sir I did not find any concentration on my work Also I mastuburate once in 15 days what I do I losing my grades and a feeling depression comes 1 in a weak I feel alone. What I do?
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual, which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses. Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life.
Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse.
Is there any relation between epilepsy and gynoproblem? Can epilepsy occurs because of adverse reaction of delivery.
If you feel your friend or loved one is suffering from depression and you don't know how to go about it. You might find this helpful.
1. First thing they need is support and understanding.
2. Please don't tell them it is a phase and they will get out of it.
3. Encourage them to talk about their problem.
4. Please don't ask them" snap out of it. They cannot.
5. It could be unlikely that you may know how they feel so, don't make them feel that it is a small problem and that they should learn to handle it on their own.
6. Keep talking to them, even if they don't respond. They need to know they have someone on their side.
7. Talk to them about options of handling this issue.
8. They may tend to see everything negatively, try to remind them about the other good things in their life.
9. See if you can manage to get them some professional help.
Take them to a psychiatrist. Because professional help is the most important thing that can help them through this phase of life.
If you are wondering how to spot depression
I have written some of the signs in my previous posts.
Depression and anxiety are affecting millions, all over the world and the phrase ‘pull yourself together” is still at play in INDIA. There is a huge social stigma, and a sense of shame about what others in the community might think about visiting a professional, which now needs to be corrected.
Research shows that Psychotherapy and counselling sessions are the most effective treatments to cure all psychological problems. These sessions not only help individuals to cope with daily problems, but also teaches them the skills and strategies to deal with them more effectively and make oneself emotionally and mentally empowered.
With Psychotherapy and counseling, you’ll learn more effective ways to deal with problems. gradually, you would develop certain problem-solving skills, coping mechanisms and better perception for overall growth.
A lot of people do not seek help and suffer internally because visiting psychologist/ psychiatrist is considered taboo in Indian society, leading to increased mental health problems. Most of the people avoid sharing personal problems and issues, as that might expose them as being weak.
The ideal solution for someone who is depressed, anxious and facing problems at work or in personal life, is seeking a professional help of psychologist/ psychiatrist. However, most people are not aware of the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist and hence are not sure whom to refer.
Let’s find out the difference between the both:
While psychologists and psychiatrists both conduct psychotherapy and research, there are many significant differences between the two professions,which we will list in our separate blog but, one very important distinction between the two is , that psychiatrists can prescribe medications, while psychologists cannot. However, there has been a recent push to grant prescribing powers to psychologist. psychologist deal with therapies, counseling, and building healthy perception towards life. even in cases where medication is required, psychiatrist may refer the client to psychologist further, for complementing the treatment with medicines.
The next time you feel depressed, anxious or need help dealing with overwhelming social situations or difficult times, make a smart choice, consider professional help and feel safe visiting a psychologist/ psychiatrist. In INDIA, with increase awareness and education, people are outgrowing
this stigma and consider it a wise step to go ahead and take initiative toward better life.
Psychological counseling is a tool that creates success, it’s something everybody would need in their life. At each developmental stage, a person needs guidance and awareness as how to adjust with new roles and be successful. Hence, considering counselling and psychotherapy to deal with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, is a wise move.
Take that one courageous step towards life.
Get in touch with us for more information on how we can help you deal with major life problems.