Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Maya KirpalaniYour feedback matters!
I am married male 26 yrs. I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. I am taking half tablet of manforce 50 mg daily. After taking this tablet my erection is fine. Earlier I had bad drinking habit but I have stopped it. Since last 3 months I hadn't taken alcohol at all. I am a moderate smoker and smokes 3 to 4 cig daily. I just want to know that if I keep taking this tablet then does it have any long term side effects rest is fine after the tablet. please tell me can I keep using half tablet of manforce 50 mg daily coz after taking dis everything is fine. Kindly give me suggestions. Thanks.
I am having mental depression. To avoid this I frequently masturbate and take pleasure. This has been a habit now. I masturbate regularly 3 to 4 times daily. I want to avoid this. But not being able to do so. My concentration is being disturbed. No focus. Please help.
I love my girlfriend ALOT BUT I THINK SHE IS CHEATING ME BUT NOT SO SHE USED TO BE FLIRT WITH MANY BOYS BEFORE AFTER OUR RELATIONSHIP WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER AND ONE DAY MY MOM CAUGHT ME TALKING TO MY GIRLFRIEND AND SHE IS TELLING ME TO LEAVE HER But I love her WHAT SHOULD I DO DOCTOR ITS HURTS AND AM THINKING TO GET SUICIDE.
I lost somebody close to me. I think about her all time. I always tried to avoid her memories but can't stop it. What I should do to get rid of her memories?
I am 27 years old lady with 1 baby girl. I have so many reasons to be happy but I cant feel happiness. Within 2 to 3 days I feel I lost everything. Nothing is going good to me. What should I do? I need the best sugestion please.
Having children is a challenging and full time job. Whether you have one child or four of them, the mental and emotional implications of raising a child will always be tremendous. This is mainly due to the fact that children have a way of becoming your greatest challenge. They are a life altering addition to your home and life and you would do well to understand this as you evolve as a parent, rather than letting it hinder the other quarters of your life.
Read on to know the surprising ways in which kids can affect your relationship, and what you can do about it!
- Sharing Responsibilities: While marriage or cohabiting may change the way you look at the person you dated, having a child with that partner completely changes the logistics in the relationship. This is because the unsaid rule of responsibility comes into the picture. While both parents are equally responsible for the child, a delicate rhythm and routine tends to fall into place. Yet, the setting of this very routine can take the mickey out of the most compatible couples when it comes to figuring out expectations and the unsaid pressure. For example, as per medical studies, it has been proven that fathers tend to have a less active role when the couple is raising a daughter. So, in case you are facing a laid back partner, you may want to discuss sharing responsibilities that would have little to do with gender centric roles.
- Full Time Job: Your relationship with your partner and spouse is one of the things that will get heavily impacted by the addition of a child or children to your equation. This is because raising a child is a full time job that requires the commitment of two people who are unique and were drawn to each other for certain reasons that may seem very different when a third individual is in the equation, especially one who requires full time care and raising. Here, you can remember to show your emotions in a less judgmental manner and discuss things on a regular basis to avoid strife.
- Career: While most women go through the pain of labour and delivery, men may go through the guilt of tying down a woman who might have been career oriented. In such cases, it is best to talk about getting back to a career and the support that the father can render, beforehand.
There are a number of ways in which child rearing affects individual households. So, it is best to go in for counselling in case things get too difficult to handle.
I am 23 years old male. I trying to stop smocking. How can I stop that bad habit. And is der any tablets for stop smoking in market. Of der pls tell me. If I stop suddenly what happens.
Hi doctor, i feel angry most of the time and it is hurting me i can't concentrate . And it is spoiling relations and i have a one year old baby but if i feel angry at him i slap him at times and after that i feel guilty and i cry a lot .
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation. After first seizure MRI and EEG may help to know whether you have the risk of second seizure or not.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping.