Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MayaYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am married before 5 months. While we are waiting for pregnancy periods is came after 55 days. Then we check out doctor and they give me folinine tablet for 30 days. What is the use of this tablet. I have to know that is it possible to get pregnant.
I am 39 years. My periods date is 23 per month or sometime 1day up down and duration 5 daz. Please tell me the safe .
My mom have abdominal pain at the time of mensuration cycle. Please tell me its causes and treatment that should be taken to prevent it.
Hi doc, got my abortion done on 20th oct by pills. Got my tvs done on 4thnov. As there done on 4thnov. As there were some li'l pieces left. Again I had misoprostol through vaginally pieces left. Again I had misoprost through vaginally but didn't bleed. Doc told me to wait till periods. Now got my periods on 27th nov. Still continued .flow is very light. Blood clots are there. Should I wait for some more days or should make a visit to doc. What to do please suggest.
I am 19 year old nd I am taking yasmin pills and I had unprotected sex. I started taking yasmin on 16 sep 3rd day of my periods and had sex on 27 & 28. Pills ends on 6th oct and I got abit bleeding on 8th oct in the evening. In morning no bleeding occurs. Am I pregnant or safe.
I am suffering white water problem since two months .i think mostly it happens after doing sex and it causes pain in my lower abdomen and stress at back . please help m.
I had sex 2 days back and now I'm facing symptoms like spotting on my panties when I have already had my periods this month.
Sir my girlfriend period normal 32-35 days. She Bleeding starts 17 June. I had sex with her 14th day of cycle. But I gave her i-pill 45 hour. But there is no menstrual bleeding still. But she has tested prega news July 12 July 17 and July 18 already test 6 prega news but answer is negative. She is pregnant or not I am so worrying sir thank you please help me.
This question is behalf of my aunt. She and her husband are trying for a baby since last 2 years. All their reports required for conception are normal both husband and wife reports. They even did 4 iui with expert doctor but the results are not positive yet. What do they need to do now in order to conceive. Kindly advise.
My daughter is little tense about her growth of mammry gland she feel ejection of milk she is worried about it Is it natural or has some problem her age is 17 weight 40 and period is going on is there any problem because ejection is produce when pregnancy is there kindly help me.
Sir my periods are getting 2 months late and I checked pregnancy by prega news kit. What should I do?
I am now pregnancy in 21 weeks. This is my 3rd baby. 1st and second was preterm delivery. Both baby have bleeding in brain. 1st baby was died, Deliver at 32 weeks 1.7 kg. Second baby 28 week at delivery 1.3 kg. Second baby bleeding was stopped and she normal. Now 18 month. But milestone delay. Now I have Stitched my cervix. But doctor said may be this also chance to preterm. Any possible is there for stop the preterm delivery. I want to expect delivery at 37 or 38 weeks. Is there any chance or precaution is there.
What's the use of using Viagra! Is it available in local medicals! What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
I am a 26 year old female. I am a lactating mother while taking green tea any problems comes with my child?
Women do not normally visit a gynaecologist, until they are suffering from any problem. Visiting a gynaecologist at regular intervals is important for good health.
Following are the 4 common reasons to visit a gynaecologist:
- Itchy vagina - Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
- Painful sex - Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- Lump in your breast - A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
- Considerable bleeding during periods - If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it's a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion.
I am getting married in December. I want to know about birth control pills. How to start and for how much period? And it will be safe or not? When to start if having unprotected intercourse?
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.