Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MayaYour feedback matters!
Due to big cyst in stomach, my left Fallopian tube was removed, now remaining both ovary and right Fallopian tube are healthy, now I want to ask, now i am planing to conceive, we are trying from last three months, but no result. Kindly suggest.
I'm Married in December 2016 till now I don't have any health problem my husband also not having any health problems so what medicine should I take to get pregnancy nd my dream is to get twins please suggest me mam I'm thankful to you.
For eg I am 21 yrs old I have big boils on inner vagina part. I dono wat to do please suggest something.
We always think of wearing something cosy to bed to get a good night's sleep. We even dress up kids to be comfortable and bundled up so they can get a sound sleep. Studies have shown that contrary to popular belief, sleeping nude is the best way to a sound sleep.
In addition to good sleep, there are other benefits that have been identified too, as listed below:
- Improves sleep quality: While most of us think of keeping ourselves cosy in our nightwear leads to good sleep, science believes otherwise. A reduced core body temperature is what leads to better sleep. This happens when you sleep with no extra layers of clothes to keep you warm. Research conducted showed better depth of sleep and reduced number of awakenings when there are no extra clothing layers.
- Better skin and hair health: Melatonin and growth hormone are essential for anti-aging and they are released when the body temperature is cooler, which happens when sleeping in the nude. Growth hormone is essential for bone mineralization, improved immunity, and muscle mass building. Melatonin is a good hormone regulator, and manages the functioning of other hormones essential for our body. The armpits and groin area are always covered, and sleeping without clothes can help these areas breathe and feel fresher. The chances of yeast infection are also reduced.
- Reduced stress levels: The stress hormone cortisol is also optimal, both in release and function, when the body gets a good sleep. This is essential for better immunity and cognitive function, better sugar regulation. Reduced stress leads to reduced chances of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc. Therefore, sleeping without clothes helps to better equip you with fighting stress.
- Weight loss: Our body has two types of fat, both brown and white. While fat helps to keep the body warm, sleeping without clothes burns more of this fat and thereby, increases weight loss. Another mechanism is the good sleep that you get when sleeping without clothes helps improve metabolism, reduce fat and sugar cravings, thereby further adding to weight loss.
- Improved relationships: Needless to say, getting into the habit of sleeping without clothes will help your sex life. The science behind it is the improved release of oxytocin, which is the cuddle hormone.
- Better sperm quality: The testes produce better sperm quality when body temperature is cooler, thereby improving male fertility. Warm clothes at night also has a bad effect on testosterone, which is essential for boosting libido and other male sexual features.
There you go, a lot of valid scientifically proven reasons to drop those night suits and pajamas off what is more, there is also a cost saving here!
I have been diagnosed with PCOS with acne and body hair growth. And have been suggested Ginette-35 for 6-12 months. I need to know if the acne and other symptoms come back after we stop taking oral contraceptives after the suggested time?
Many times I have lots of pain in my breast, stomach, food pipe, jaws and back together after or sometimes before eating and drinking something. No acidity capsules and pain killer gave me relief from this pain, the only way I got relief from this pain is vomiting. what s the reason of this pain and burning feeling.
Hello, doctor. I am 23 years old I am pregnant for the first time, and I am very anxious that nothing should go wrong. I keep hearing about women who have done something during their pregnancy that has caused a deformity. What drugs and medicines should I avoid in pregnancy?
Dear Doctor Before 10 months My wife got operated and her felopin tube got removed by doctors due to ectopic pregnancy. I want to confirm about the chances of pregnancy in future and pls suggest after how much time we plan for baby.
Hello doctors, I am telling personally, my female friend had a sex with her boyfriend. 2 year ago. But that relation couldn't last. Now her marriage is knocking at the door. Arrange marriage. But she feared abouts her past relation ship. She had a sex. With ex boyfriend. My question is. After marriage will her would be husband come to know about her physical relationships with her friend. If my friend do not want to tell her husband. Kindly help.
The top 11 health benefits of sex:
Regular sex cannot be underestimated as a factor for reducing stress, bolstering self-esteem and fostering feelings of intimacy and bonding between partners.
But the real point of this article is the fact that a healthy sex life can provide for a longer, healthier and, most would agree, more enjoyable life. Among the many health benefits of sex are:
1. Improves immunity
People who have sex frequently (one or two times a week) have significantly higher levels of immunoglobulin a (iga. 1your iga immune system is your body's first line of defense.
Its job is to fight off invading organisms at their entry points, reducing or even eliminating the need for activation of your body's immune system. This may explain why people who have sex frequently also take fewer sick days. 2
2. Heart health
Men who made love regularly (at least twice a week) were 45 percent less likely to develop heart disease than those who did so once a month or less, according to one study. 3
Sexual activity not only provides many of the same benefits to your heart as exercise but also keeps levels of estrogen and testosterone in balance, which is important for heart health.
3. Lower blood pressure
Sexual activity, and specifically intercourse, is linked to better stress response and lower blood pressure. 4
4. It's a form of exercise
Sex helps to boost your heart rate, burn calories and strengthen muscles, just like exercise. In fact, research recently revealed that sex burns about 4 calories a minute for men and 3 for women, making it (at times) a'significant' form of exercise. It can even help you to maintain your flexibility and balance.
5. Pain relief
Sexual activity releases pain-reducing hormones and has been found to help reduce or block back and leg pain, as well as pain from menstrual cramps, arthritis and headaches. One study even found that sexual activity can lead to partial or complete relief of headache in some migraine and cluster-headache patients. 6
6. May help reduce risk of prostate cancer
Research has shown that men who ejaculate at least 21 times a month (during sex or masturbation) have a lower risk of prostate cancer. This link needs to be explored further, however, as there may have been additional factors involved in the association.
7. Improve sleep
After sex, the relaxation-inducing hormone prolactin is released, which may help you to nod off more quickly. The" love hormone" oxytocin, released during orgasm, also promotes sleep.
8. Stress relief
Sex triggers your body to release its natural feel-good chemicals, helping to ease stress and boost pleasure, calm and self-esteem. Research also shows that those who have sexual intercourse responded better when subjected to stressful situations like speaking in public. 8
9. Boost your libido
The more often you have sex, the more likely you are to want to keep doing it. There's a mental connection there but also a physical one, particularly for women. More frequent sex helps to increase vaginal lubrication, blood flow and elasticity, which in turn make sexual activity more enjoyable.
10. Improves bladder control in women
Intercourse helps to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which contract during orgasm. This can help women to improve their bladder control and avoid incontinence. You can boost this benefit even more by practicing kegel exercises during sex (a kegel squeeze is performed by drawing your lower pelvic muscles up and holding them up high and tight, as if you're trying to stop a flow of urine).
11. Increase intimacy and improve your relationship
Sex and orgasms result in increased levels of the hormone oxytocin -- the" love" hormone -- that helps you feel bonded to your partner, and better experience empathic connections.
I have fibroadenoma in my breast can I have the treatment for this please suggest also suggest me the foods. Thanks in advance.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
Can me and my husband have sex during pregnancy. I am 5 months pregnant. Can we have oral sex? Will this harm our baby?
Drinking lots of water - at least 2 litres everyday - every day during periods helps in maintaining the water level in your body and fastens the digestive process while taking care of the hormonal changes.