Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MayaYour feedback matters!
My periods are delayed by 1.5 months. I have done 5 pregnancy tests so far and the test is negative. I did thyroid test as well as per my gynaecologist. The result was 7.033. So now I am taking regestrone and thyroxine both. This is the 2nd day of my medicine but my stomach is now looking like a 5 month pregnant women. So I am worried. .Please advise.
I got intimated with my boyfriend on January (no contraception). He did not have ejaculation or we did not have any penetration. While sucking his penis there was a sticky thing I felt and except it nothing came from his penis. I got my period till January February and March but on April no menses. I am diagnosed pcos. I don't think I am pregnant. Is there any chance?
I am 21 years old girl. I have A cyst in my right breast and I consulted a doctor when I was felt the pain .that was 2 years back .and the scanning report is that:-shows mild fibroadenosis more on right side .there is a small cyst 1.1*0.6 cm at 1 0' clock position of right mammary gland. No abnormal calcification. But now I feel that the cyst is multiplying. I felt that another one is coming on that same breast. Is that any serious one?
How Does Sexual Dysfunction Affect Women?
* Hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* Sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* Orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* Sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).
कॉफी :- खाली पेट कॉफी का सेवन करना नुकसानदायक हो सकता है. कॉफी में मौजूद कैफीन पेट के लिए सही नहीं होता है. अगर आपको सुबह के समय कॉफी पीने की आदत है तो आप पहले एक गिलास पानी पी लें. उसके बाद ही कॉफी का कप लें.
बहुत अधिक मसालेदार खाना :- हमारे शरीर में प्राकृतिक रूप से कुछ एसिड मौजूद होते हैं. बहुत अधिक मसालेदार खाना खाने से इस एसिड और मसालों के बीच जो रासायनिक क्रिया होती है, उसका आंतों पर बुरा असर पड़ता है.
अल्कोहल :- कई लोगों को खाली पेट अल्कोहल लेना पसंद होता है. ऐसे में नशा जल्दी होता है, लेकिन खाली पेट अल्कोहल लेने से आंतें बुरी तरह प्रभावित होती हैं.
दवाइयां :- खाली पेट दवा लेने से वह पेट की सबसे अंदरुनी सतह को प्रभावित करती है और पेट में मौजूद एसिड्स के साथ क्रिया करके शरीर के संतुलन को डिस्टर्ब कर देती है
Hi im 40 years old I have done ivf test 1st spt and after that I have a physical issue I have a fever and paining body so what I do I call my doctor he told me come 14th of spt. So what I do.
Did you know that pregnancy can alter your libido, since it is influenced by biological, psychological and social factors? It is no surprise that the numerous hormonal changes and the emotional roller-coaster that a woman experiences during pregnancy, can change her desire for sex. Of course, no two woman's sexual drive is the same and hence the matter is very individual and unique for every woman.
But some common bodily trends are observed during the various trimesters of pregnancy.
1. During the first trimester of pregnancy, some women are put off by sex when the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and tiredness kick in. This can be blamed on the rise in the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman would rather just catch up on lost sleep and lie in bed by herself, getting all the rest she can.
2. The second trimester brings relief in the symptoms felt during the first trimester. Some women experience a surge in their libido, as energy levels improve and they feel relatively more relaxed.
3. The third trimester brings with it weight gain, back pain and other symptoms which can lower a woman's sexual drive again.
4. Besides the typical changes that are brought on in the different trimesters, quite a few women report a heightened desire for sex. With all those pregnancy hormones flowing, it's understandable. During pregnancy, a woman's breasts get bigger and more sensitive. The vulva also becomes engorged from extra blood flow and even more sensitive, which could lead to more enjoyable pregnancy sex.
5. Another fact is that, with no longer having to worry about contraception during this time, both partners welcome the fact that they can have sex anytime they want or without worrying about the obligations of ovulation.
So basically, a woman can easily embrace her sexual desire during this special time of pregnancy. As long as a doctor doesn't suggest otherwise, it is perfectly safe for a woman to revel in her new found desire and have sex with her partner until the baby arrives.
Hey doc yesterday after a long time with my boyfriend I got in moody situation and my sperm has been erected but after that my legs was paining so much when I sleep what's the problem can you suggest ?
Hi I had my missed periods and it is going to be 2 months I had my last period is Jan 9 and I have irregular periods before and I had take treatment for 6 months and 8th as been regulated and now my periods delayed and some of the test or mild positive and some t Of the test negative and I am feeling the sytoms of na use morning sickness in the first two week and now I am having hard stomach am I pregnant or not pls reply to this question.
Are you experiencing problems with your periods because of hormonal imbalance? This condition, known as PCOD and PCOS, or polycystic ovary syndrome, may make it difficult for you to get pregnant, and unwanted changes in your appearance are also indicated. In most cases, women with PCOD develop small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts may not be harmful or cancerous, but they cause hormone imbalance in your body.
The specific causes of PCOD are yet to be determined. In PCOS patients, the ovaries produce excess androgens or male sex hormones, which result in an imbalance in ovulation, acne breakout and development of excess body hair. Your body faces problems using insulin and develops insulin resistance. Genetics are considered to be a key factor that determines a woman’s chance of getting PCOD.
The symptoms of PCOD are mild in the beginning. The most common symptoms are as follows:
Weight and difficulty in weight loss.
Development of excess hair on the face and body, which is not a feminine feature. Thicker and darker facial hair and unusually excessive hair on the belly, chest and back are also indicated in some women.
Thinning of hair on the scalp.
Irregularity with menstrual periods. Commonly, women with PCOD experience less than 9 periods during a year. Some women may have no periods at all, while others experience heavy, abnormal bleeding.
Fertility problems are likely in women with PCOD.
The treatment of PCOD aims at relieving the symptoms and preventing long-term health problems associated with the condition. PCOD can be treated and managed by using the following measures:
You should keep fit and undertake regular exercise and work out. Walking is an ideal exercise which you can opt for.
You should eat heart healthy food which includes vegetables, nuts, fruits, whole grains and beans. Avoid foods which contain saturated fats and these include fried food, meat and cheese.
Losing weight is beneficial for your health if you have PCOD. Losing even a small amount of weight will help in balancing your hormones and regulating your menstrual cycle.
Quit smoking as smoking increases the levels of androgen in your body.
Birth control pills are also prescribed for reducing your symptoms, and fertility medicines are prescribed in case of infertility issues because of PCOD.
It is recommended for you to consult a gynaecologist on experiencing any symptom of PCOD. This will enable early diagnosis so that you can start with the treatment measures before the condition worsens.
Meri wife ko ek baar sex krne k baad dobara sex krne ka mann nhi krta ek baar sex krne k baad usko koi feel hi nhi aati iska reason kya hai.
My wife once pregnant and underwent d&c after that she didn't conceive yet will I need to undergo semen analysis?
Hii doctor My ovarian cyst size is 8.3 centimeter before 3 months it was 8 centimeters, my gynecologist suggest me for an operation but I'm going for my honeymoon this month and I'll come back after 1 month so my question is does sex will effect my cyst? Will sex make it twist? Please help.
I have irregular periods since 1 yrs. It delays sometimes for 1 week. Some times 2wks. Some times I have taken homeopathy medicine (puls Q). Now what should I do?
Mein MDR TB patient hu and I have a gf who is 16 years old n im 30 years old and we have intercourse 2 to 3 days weekly. My question is will she get pregnant even after she has a regular periods n one thing to mention she doesn't like condoms so we have unprotected sex every time. .plz help me.
Hi I've my regular periods date on 28every month, I had sex on 7th and taken ipill within an hour not I've got my periods on 14th approx 15 days earlier which last for 3 days as my normal periods does. We've used condom but changed in between just fro precautionary. During that the if something can happen. kindly please help me what is this. Is this normal. Or there is some serious issue. When can I go for pregnancy test.
Festivals without sweets are unheard of in India. Think of Diwali and you’re sure to conjure visions of ‘mithai’, dried fruits and ‘laddus’. These sweetmeats are rich not only in taste, but also in calories. This makes festival food a big problem for weight management. Thankfully, there are ways to have a sweet celebration without putting on excess weight.
Here are a few tips.
- Eat in moderation: It is impossible to completely avoid sweets during this festive season. However, you can keep a check on the amount you eat. Limit yourself to one or two pieces of mithai instead of gorging on them. Avoid second helping of sweets at all costs.
- Pick your sweets carefully: Not all sweets have the same calorific value. Sweets that are deep fried such as gulab jamuns have a higher calorific value than rasgullas. Similarly homemade sweets are usually much lower in fat content than store bought ones. If you are making sweets at home, try replacing the sugar with jaggery to lower the fat content. Eating dry fruits over sweets can also help minimize your calorie intake.
- Do not skip your meals: Eating heavy sweets may make you want to skip your regular meals, but this is a terrible idea. Do not miss out on your regular servings of fruits, vegetables and carbs. Do not replace your normal meals with snacks and dried fruits. If necessary, lower your portion size and have a light soup for dinner instead of your regular meal.
- Avoid sweet drinks: Since you cannot avoid eating sugar, skip drinking sugar. Avoid sweetened drinks such as colas and processed juices. Instead, pick light drinks such as buttermilk, lemonade and jaljeera. Green tea is also a good option during Diwali. If possible, avoid alcohol.
- Stay hydrated: When eating such rich and heavy food, it is important to drink plenty of water through the day. This keeps the body hydrated and helps flush toxins from the body. Drinking water also reduces the urge to snack and can help keep a control over your food intake.
- Eat mindfully: Chew your food and mithai slowly while eating. This will ensure that you thoroughly enjoy it and will keep you satiated for longer. Avoid eating on the go. Mindful eating also reduces the urge to snack excessively and hence controls your food intake.
- Exercise: Do not make Diwali an excuse to not exercise. Set aside half an hour at the beginning of the day to exercise and kick start your metabolism. Breathing exercises such as Pranayam and anulom vilom can also help clear your respiratory passages and help prevent problems sue to the pollutants in the air.