Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mavani Manish Suresh
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Mavani Manish SureshYour feedback matters!
If i walk regularly then my right knee begins to pain.Wat should i do should continue with my walking or not
I am Dr. Siddharth VermaI deal with patients suffering from chronic pain. Chronic pain is any pain which is more than 12 weeks or three months in duration and if a patient is suffering from chronic pain they require special treatment and they require physician specially trained to treat the people who have chronic pain. So this pain can be musculoskeletal, then it may be back pain or the pain of the knee. There are various structures in the back which can give rise to the pain.
I'll tell you more about it if you see our skeleton, this is a model showing the back of a human and as we can see these are the vertebral bodies or the small bones which make up the human back, and these the yellow things, these are the nerves which are coming out of the small holes which are known as the foramen.And what you see here between these two bones is a disc and this is a portion of these two bones because when a person moves he actually bends, rolls place then all this moment like this. It occurs on this joint as you can see and this disc this help us to maintain this mobility.So now what happens is with growing age this can become bulging like you can see this red buzzing portion this compresses on this root which is coming out of here. This is what may lead to the pain there may be other mechanisms also and it is very essential that qualified pain physician actually evaluates you. If you have any back pain and then physician treats you accordingly.
So there are various equipment options which are available and ranging from drugs. So you can start with drugs and go to injections in the nerve roots and then we can further do pinhole surgery. It is like we can go through the needle to that and then gradually release the patient of his or her pain.Similarly, like back pain is the treatment for those suffering from knee pain. As we can see it's also 2 bonus and then instead of the disc we have this cartilage which is present here. Muscles slide this cartilage and this thing over here is your muscle which is coming over this knee joint. If this muscle is not strong enough or if the cartilage is damaged then you may have problems with your knee.
So what do we do is that if a person comes to us with the pain of the knee then we need to access a lot of ligaments. If you see it's a very complex and complicated joint if you see there are a lot of small ligaments and it is meniscal. There is cartilage so we have to analyze where the pain is coming from, once we analyze that then we prepare accordingly. We can start with drugs, we can use substances which help to form the cartilage, we can use Prolotherapy which is a new form of regeneration therapy which helps to regenerate cartilage, or we can numb those nerves which are actually carrying this pain.So you do not worry this will not lead to any weakness.
So musculoskeletal pain after revaluation can be treated and can be managed and to get rid of your pain or to know more you can simply visit my lybrate website.
Hi sir, iam an cricketer. When I try to throw the ball i'm getting heavy pain in shoulder (right hand). Can you please give me some exercise for this. Or advice me should I need to consider a doctor.
Her Legs are getting cool too much And it is paining to please Tell me Why this is Happening to her?
Hello ,I'm 22 year old. Recently from 6 months I feel no strength in my joints ,knee and shoulders joint after series of incidents in sports they got twisted like feel but it doesn't swell nor the bone is broken .I used to go for gym 2 years back n I've left it due to my studies .Now it has worsened like I can't play if I I'll I play it ends with twisted feel in joints not I can swim.
1. Drink plenty of water (recommended about 8 glasses a day)
2. Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake (cut down tea, coffee, aerated drinks, alcohol). Alcohol and caffeine cause mild dehydration which can lead to muscle tightness.
3. Eat foods that help reduce muscle tightness. Foods rich in magnesium such as bananas can help. Use sea salt with food as the sodium in it helps relax muscle cramps. Potassium rich foods such as avocados, potatoes, bananas, broccoli, orange juice, soybeans, apricots, and raisins can decrease tightness and cramps. Milk has a large amount of vitamin d, which will reduce your chances of cramping. Have one to two glasses of milk each day to help you prevent cramps. As a bonus, all the calcium in whole milk will also contribute to healthy bone growth.
4. Stretching exercises. Stretching exercises will help release chemical substances called endorphins that help reduce pain. Also it helps elongate tight and contracted muscle fibers.
5. Massage to relieve pain from tight muscles. Deep tissue massage, trigger point release and myofascial release are some of the techniques used by Physiotherapists trained in manual therapy to help loosen painful knots in muscles and relax the same.
6. Drinking plenty of water, often considered to be between eight to ten glasses per day, provides many benefits such as preventing and relieving tight and cramped muscles related to dehydration. However, tight muscles can have a variety of causes and might require dietary and lifestyle changes to adequately deal with.
7. Minerals, electrolytes and water are all needed for normal muscle tone and function. Calcium is especially important for contraction, magnesium is needed for relaxation, and water for firmness and electrolyte exchange. Athletes commonly have tight muscles and also people who are under stress. Tight muscles lose their flexibility and might become painful to the touch.
Mineral deficiency, especially magnesium, can lead to muscle tightness, twitching and maybe even restless leg syndrome at night. A lack of electrolytes, such as sodium, interferes with nerve conductance to muscle fibers and results in tightness and spasms. Poor blood circulation hampers the minerals, electrolytes and water getting to muscles, which can cause symptoms. Most of us drink a lot of beverages but it has either caffeine or alcohol which can both lead to mild dehydration.