Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mathili
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MathiliYour feedback matters!
I have prl- 47.3 what is the symptoms of getting high of prolactin hormone and how would I get relief from this?
I am having cyst in my right ovary of 8. 7 mm. Can it effect conception. M 25 yr old. Unmarried. Having facial hairs want rid from them.
I have missed my period two days before I have backache abdominal pain lightly and cramps and I have taken home pregnancy test today result is negative my body temperature is being high nights times and I am feeling cold now what should I do.
Allergy is a response of the immune system. It only occurs when a harmless substance attacks the body and it tries to attack it by creating antibodies as a triggering response. While there could be a lot of triggering agents, some of the basic ones include dust, food, and dander. Conventional allergies can be easily treated with medicines and environment changes whereas chronic allergies need medical attention. Either way there exists some great natural supplements which when applied can immediately deal with seasonal and occasional allergies:
- Probiotics: Natural probiotic supplements include kombucha, yogurt, sauerkraut etc. They are known to assist the immune system and can alter the course of allergy. The fermentation of probiotic produces good bacteria that assist the immune system.
- Quercetin: It is a bioflavonoid that can be found in beans, onions, red wine, leafy vegetables, apples, etc. They have anti-oxide and anti-inflammatory properties can give allergies a run for their money. Research suggests that quercetin contains certain substances that successfully block allergy creating elements.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays get strokes in fighting allergies and setting the immune system right. They can successfully stop the development of allergies in the body. The body fetches the right level of vitamin D with a 10 minutes walk in the sunlight.
- Stinging Nettle: This is a plant that effectively counters allergy by fighting with symptoms such as a headache, anaphylaxis, migraines etc. The anti-inflammatory properties of this herb fight allergy symptoms instantly.
- Butterbur: This again is a herb that contains medicinal properties and can successfully counter allergic symptoms. A study found that butterbur is as effective as a certain allergic medicine such as Zyrtec. Another good thing about this supplement is the fact that they do not put a person to sleep like other allergic drugs.
- Steam inhalation: When hot steam is accompanied with eucalyptus oil, tea tree, rosemary oil, myrtle oil and inhaled for about 20 minutes, instant relief is expected. For patients with chronic allergy, this natural supplement can be tried twice in a day.
- Lemon oil: Lemon oil is one of the versatile agents for treating allergies. It fixes the immune system, drains lymphatic fluid and detoxifies liver toxins. They can also be used as a disinfectant for washing clothes and home.
- Honey: Honey is one of the most tested agents for countering allergy. They can create greater tolerance to pollens and is widely considered as one of the most effective long-term solutions for chronic allergy patients.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin that is extremely effective for treating cold and allergy. Being a disinfectant, turmeric can instantly arrest allergic symptoms.
- Astragalus: It is a Chinese herb, which has proved to be mighty effective for treating allergy over the years. Its anti-inflammatory properties can arrest allergic symptoms such as sneezing, asthma and itching.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I have started having an itching problem in private parts. It occurs specially after periods, and persists for longer time. One of my family doctor has suggested to use V wash and surfaz d . Though it works in reducing the itching but problem is not cured. Please suggest.
Hi I'm 20 years guy my gf and I had time sex that was protected by using condom on 2nd july and I'm pre ty sure that it wasn't torn and leaked. So till then her last period was on 23 or 24 of june and we waited till 23 july didn't occurred and till that time we didn't had sex and one week past but period did not occurred in starting of 2nd week she detected with malaria after 2 days she was admitted under dengue case now she is recovering from dengue. But still she did not get her periods so bit confuse what to do? Is the dengue caused her delay periods or anything else. And if yes then till how many days have to wait to come periods. Please suggest me and guide me. Bit worried.
I Have (3.2 x 2.9) cm cyst in my right ovary and the endometrium is minimally thickened. But the doctor is saying surgery is not required and I have irregular period. What is the issue in this.
Can crisanta pills prevent pregnancy, if I Take Crisanta Tablets after unsafe sex with in 12 hours can it prevents pregnancy.
In every month during the menstrual cycle I felt lot of menstrual pain & there is only 2 days blooding. On 3rd, 4th n 5th day of MC there is no blooding. I am so much worried about it.
Suggest me the best treatment for pcod becoz allopathy if I am leaving again the problem is starting.
I hv PCOS n m 26yrs of age wid weight 72kg n height 5" 3. Tkng dronis 30. What shld I do to cure PCOS. As I want to plan fr a baby? Wat problems cn I face n wat to do fr it?
What is anemia during pregnancy?
Anemia is a condition that can affect anyone and is defined as a deficiency in iron, an essential mineral in our body. Anemia during pregnancy is a common affliction of pregnant women, due to many physical and hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy.
Any deficiency in nutrients can be fatal and leaves your body without the key resources it needs, but this can be a dangerous concern during pregnancy. Iron is an essential mineral in the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin, which is necessary to carry oxygen and other nutrients to different areas of the body. Expecting mothers contribute a large amount of their nutrient intake to their growing fetus ;which makes it even more important for them to ensure that their nutrient levels are adequate.
Unlike traditional anemia, which can affect anyone during pregnancy, it is risky, especially during the first and the third trimester.
During third trimester
In the third trimester, the final three months of a pregnancy term, there is a particular risk of anemia. Even if you aren’t anemic at the start of your pregnancy, the chances of being anemic get high by the end of your term. Approximately 15-20% of women experience anemia during pregnancy. Having anemia during the third trimester can increase the risk of a pre-term baby or a low birth weight of the baby.
Having anemia during your late pregnancy term will also increase the risk of fetal anemia, which is rare, but extremely dangerous, and can even lead to heart failure or death of the fetus.
- The causes of anemia during pregnancy include loss of blood, natural fetal development, poor diet and pre-existing chronic disease.
- Loss of blood: if you suffer from heavy menstruation or have a bleeding disorder, you are at a much higher risk of anemia during pregnancy. This basic loss of blood will require the body to produce more hemoglobin and red blood cells, putting a strain on your iron reserves.
- Fetal development: as the fetus grows within the womb, it will require its own supply of blood, independent of the mother. This is a large sink for iron intake, and is the primary reason for anemia during pregnancy, albeit an unavoidable one.
- Unique pregnancy: for women who have recently had a pregnancy, or if you are carrying multiples (twins, triplets etc.), the risk of anemia during pregnancy is considerably high.
- Poor diet: the main source of iron in your body comes from dietary choices. A diet that is low in protein or high in sugars and fats can unbalance your nutrient levels, leading to anemia.
- Chronic disease: certain chronic diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory conditions can decrease your body’s ability to produce hemoglobin, leading to anemia.
Contrary to popular belief, anemia is not exclusively caused by a deficiency in iron. While a lack of iron causes 80-95% of anemia cases, deficiencies in other essential compounds can also result in anemic symptoms.
1. Iron-deficiency anemia
This is the most common form of anemia caused by a lack of iron in the body. It limits your body’s ability to produce hemoglobin and deliver oxygen to the necessary organ systems and tissues.
2. Folate-deficiency anemia
Folic acid is a part of the b family of vitamins and is closely linked to metabolic processes and the risk of neural tube defects in a fetus. While rarer than iron-deficiency anemia, it still requires specialized treatment to bring folate concentration back to a healthy level.
3. Vitamin b12 deficiency anemia
Pernicious anemia is a rare form of anemia in which your body attacks the cells in the stomach that are required to absorb vitamin b12. Without this essential vitamin, similar to a lack of iron, your body is unable to produce red blood cells.
Exhaustion is one of the first and most notable symptoms of anemia, making you feel physically sluggish and cognitively slow.
2. Muscle weakness:
Without proper oxygenation, muscles are unable to function properly, leading to muscle aches, soreness, and general weakness.
Preeclampsia, high blood pressure duringpregnancy, can be a very serious symptom of anemia during pregnancy, and will often require additional treatment to keep under control.
The physical exhaustion caused by anemia and the lack of oxygen to organ systems can make normal respiration a struggle. This can also cause dizziness in some pregnancies.
5. Irregular heartbeat:
Tachycardia is a potentially life-threatening symptom of anemia during pregnancy, in which your heart “skips” beats. This can lead to more complicated cardiovascular issues during pregnancy.
If you suspect that you are experiencing anemia during pregnancy, a visit to the doctor is highly recommended. They can perform a simple blood test to determine your levels of hemoglobin. This is the most reliable and rapid means of determining whether you are experiencing anemia during pregnancy.
Given, how common it is for women to experience anemia during pregnancy, there are a number of formal treatments, as well as home remedies and natural therapies that can prevent or effectively treat this condition.
1. Iron supplements
This is the easiest and most common recommendation for addressing anemia during pregnancy. Though iron supplements may increase the concentration of iron in the body, the greater issue may be an inability to absorb iron, which can be mitigated by vitamin c intake.
2. Prenatal vitamins
Considered a preventative measure, more than a treatment option, prenatal vitamins can ensure that your iron levels remain adequate throughout pregnancy.
3. Iron-rich diet
Your dietary choices will have the largest impact on the amount of iron in your body. Within the boundaries of your pregnancy diet, add foods like spinach, red meat, legumes, high-starch foods and dried fruit.
4. Vitamin c intake
Ascorbic acid is critical to iron absorption in the gut. By ensuring that you have proper levels of vitamin c, you can effectively avoid anemia during pregnancy. Include foods like citrus fruits, leafy green vegetables and bell peppers in your diet for better results.
Hi I am 26 years old n now I am 7 weeks pregnant. In blood test my s-tsh level is 15.3. And in sonography we detect gestational sac is 19mm n crl is 5mm but no cardial activity. Sonography is done in 6weeks 2days. Is everything is ok or something has to worry. What action I have to take. My baby will be normal no? please help me out. My last lmp is 19th march 2015.
Hello, I have been taking iron supplements as prescribed since many days. Nowadays, I feel frequent fatigue & my CBC reports usually show low HB & low MCV. Everytime I visit a doctor, they give me medicines for iron & folic acid, I feel good for 1-2 days n then its same again. I get swelling at ankles & wrists n doctors say its because of anaemia & improper blood circulation. Now sometimes I find it too difficult too walk, legs keep aching severely. With a 5 minute walk, I feel exhausted, short of breath. Things feel better when I stay lying on bed for a long time. Can you please help?
I am 25 years old and my wife in 6+ month of pregnancy so I didn't have sex from last 2 month. Can I sex with other girl and woman.
Hiii, im 17 years, im going through periods so it possible to take I PILL DAILY tab to avoid unwanted pregnancy, if yes then please suggest me how to consume it. please reply soon, how to take tablets n when? please say the description of taking it.
Once again I disturb you. Meri problem solve nahi ho pa rahi h pregnancy ki mam mujhe last month 15th aug ko peroids hue 6th sep ko sex kia mujhe irregular periods hote hain next date ka nahi pata hota kb periods ho jaye mujhe bhut dar lag raha h mai pregnant to nahi hougi because mujhe 11th sep ko periods ho gaye but bhut km bleeding ho rahi h iska kya reason ho skta h pls tell me. Mujhe btaya gaya tha agar periods ho jate h to preg2ke change km hote h but bleeding km ho rahi h ab periods hone pr I am very worried mam pls help me pls reply me fastly mam.
Ivf vs. Surrogacy: which is the better option?
Both IVF (in vitro fertilisation) and surrogacy are alternative methods of having a baby and can be resorted to when a couple cannot conceive the natural way. The reason behind the inability to conceive can be due various reasons ranging from infertility and low sperm count (in men) to damaged fallopian tubes and early menopause (in women).
You can opt for either surrogacy or IVF if you've been trying to conceive for more than a year without any results. But which of the two should you opt for? well, there are three things you must keep in mind before making a choice.
How does it work?
Surrogacy is opted for when the woman is unable to conceive by natural means, and when there's no possibility of her getting pregnant whatsoever. Surrogacy can be of two types- full surrogacy and partial surrogacy. Full surrogacy involves the implantation of sperms and eggs of the couple into the uterus of the surrogate mother; while partial surrogacy involves the fertilisation of the surrogate mother's egg by the sperm of the intended father. By opting for surrogacy the woman partner is unable to carry the child, a desire that is present in most women.
On the other hand, ivf works towards the treatment of infertility in one or both the partners, enabling the woman partner to conceive the child. Ivf involves the fertilisation of a woman's eggs by the sperm of the intended father in a laboratory dish. The developed embryo (or fertilised egg) is then implanted in the woman's uterus. This is a viable option for couples who want to have a baby on their own.
Chances of a successful pregnancy are usually higher with surrogacy when compared to IVF.
The risks involved
Risks of surrogacy include multiple births, ectopic pregnancy (implantation of the fertilised egg in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus, leading to miscarriage) and birth defects in the child, to name a few. Apart from that, the genes of the surrogate mother can affect the development of the unborn baby; hence, a surrogate mother has to be chosen with utmost care.
As for risks associated with IVF, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (swollen and painful ovaries), multiple births, ectopic pregnancy and stress can take place if ivf is opted for.
The legal process
Surrogacy requires the fulfilment of complex legal processes such as determining eligibility, matching profiles of surrogates with intended parents, finding of a potential surrogate and more, which require proper legal counselling. Besides the cost of surrogacy in India is roughly inr 8, 25, 000.
Ivf does not involve any such processes and is easier to carry out. The cost of IVF in India can range between inr 2, 50, 000 to inr 4, 50, 000, making it a much more viable option.
Based on these factors, you can make the choice of a procedure that is best suited for you.
Related Tip: BUSTED: 4 Myths on IVF Infertility Treatment