Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Mary George VargheseYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir/Madam Life is not as easy as we think. But when someone is with you, its easy to handle things. In my case even my husband is not supportive. I am a working woman and have to manage home.
Anxiety, stress and depression are common mental health disorders. Though they may be overlooked as “something that’s in your mind”, but these disorders can have serious implications on your health and the quality of your life. Homeopathy is an effective way of treating disorders like anxiety, stress and depression with negligible side effects.
Anxiety can be defined as the general feeling of fear or apprehension. Anxiety disorders may be seen in the form of general anxiety, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorders. Anxiety symptoms are generally sporadic and follow not set pattern. Homeopathy can be used to treat anxiety once the cause for the disorder can be identified. Two of the most common forms of homeopathic treatment for anxiety are:
- Aconitum napellus: Waves of anxiety or outright panic attacks can be treated with aconite. This is also beneficial if the person is fearful, restless, agitated or if he has recently experienced an accident or natural disaster.
- Argentum nitricum: Anxiety often takes the form of apprehension and nervousness about the future. In such a case, Argentum nitricum (Arg-n.) can be an effective form of treatment. Such cases of anxiety can worsen with heat and in crowded spaces.
The terms stress and anxiety are often used interchangeably, but they have different medical definitions. The response to situations and events that make us frustrated, anxious or angry are known as stress factors. Each person has a different response to stress. While it temporarily enhances productivity in some people, it can paralyze others. Here are two common homeopathic medicines that can be used to treat stress.
- Kali phosphoricum: Stress caused by overworking or illness can be treated with Kali phosphoricum. In such cases, the patient may be jumpy, over sensitive and can find it difficult to cope with normal life. Kali phosphoricum helps relax the nervous system and can also be used to treat insomnia caused by stress.
- Lycopodium: If stress causes the person to feel inadequate and pretend to be someone they are not, Lycopodium is a good form of homeopathic treatment. This can also treat irritability, crankiness and social withdrawal that results from stress.
Mild depression is often self diagnosed as a simple bad mood. There are many causes for depression including changes in the biochemical makeup of the brain. Here are a few homeopathic prescriptions for depression.
- Aurum metallicum: Failure to succeed is a primary cause for depression in people focused on work. Aurum metallicum can be used to treat such cases of depression. These symptoms may also be accompanied by feelings of humiliation and discouragement.
- Causticum: Depression caused by grief or loss can be treated with causticum. This also treats accompanying frequent crying, forgetfulness and mental dullness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
I have quit smoking since October 2015 and it was relapsed couple of days back. I also drinking moderately but daily. I want to quit both drinking and smoking. Please guide.
I am depressed and feel so frustrated so many times even think of killing myself. I'm unable to sleep I don't even remember that from how many days I have not slept well. Please suggest me something.
I smoke alot due to which my I am having so many problems I can not say so I just want to quit smoking. So how do I do it?
Hello im 20 years old boy i'm doing physiotherapy ug course from chennai in my college there only me as a north indian boy rest tamilians and 2 from nepal I do not feel safe here i'm depressed from this college has expected a lot but unfortunately all drain out i'll always cry at room and college due to no friends to talk i'm home sick there was a chest pain though I do not smoke they all dominant me coz they hate north indians i'm planing to change the college should i? Please help me what to do,by this I can not focus on my studies or in any other activity I do not feel like talking to people though i'm a jolly student Please do say me should I change the college?
Latest time ct scan, x-ray, mri are very common to get the physical ailments, similarly psychological problems are assessed by projective test, semi unstructured test, personality test, story making test, iq and psychological based memory test, cognitive test, neuro-psychological test. If ever find any emotional, behavioural, problems or academic decline, aggression and anger more frequently they can go under diagnostic tests with the advice of clinical psychologist.