Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Marionette B Pereira
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Marionette B PereiraYour feedback matters!
I am 34 since my baby I feel very irritated and cranky and suicidal. I am OK if my daughter is not around. She is seven years now and nowadays I am always screaming and shouting at her. After getting angry at her my entire body shakes and I get palpitations. Can you pls help as how I can calm myself without medicine. And there is no one else to the care of my daughter as well.
Sir, My Baby Boy was born in premature 34 weeks. Sir today it has been 80 days. Sir, for the past few days, his abdomen is seen in the right side of the right side / appears many times, then disappears. I take some pics & consult to Pediatric Surgeon. He told me its hernia. Sir doctor says that after some time, there may be hernia in other side, and the survivor will be kept in the hospital one day, because there is a problem in breathing in the baby preemie and often it takes time to bring the baby out of unconsciousness and what unconsciousness does not threaten the life of my baby? Can I stop for a few days so that my baby gets bigger so that she does not have any problem in getting out of unconsciousness? Please suggest.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Child Specialist There is some green colour in poo. Of my 2 months old daughter .whenever she passed gas. From tomorrow I have noticed. What's the reason?
How to know that breastfeed is enough for baby. Baby is 3-1/2 month old and has weight 6.1 kg but he demands milk after every one hour if not sleeping. Birth weight of baby was 3.35 kg. Please advice.
Hi. My son is 17 months old a very healthy boy. But I am concerned about him when every night at around 12: 30-1: 00am. He starts crying so loudly for at least 25 minutes. Please advice.
Every time a child consumes junk food, his immune system is weakened. Junk foods disrupt the growth of a child physically and mentally. For e.g. sugar weakens the immunity, brain cells and destroys the gut. It also feeds bad bacteria, which can overcome the good bacteria.
Since kids are young, their bodies are capable of healing itself if the right conditions are provided. They needn’t undergo any rigid detox plans or cleanse. Even simple changes in their eating habits go a long way such as:
1. GET THEM ON TRACK WITH HYDRATION:-
Water is the simplest way to detox. Getting their bodies hydrated ensures proper functioning of eliminatory organs and maintains an alkaline pH. Add a slice of lemon to their water and you further enhance its detoxing power. Junk foods are also dehydrating in a way so consuming water helps.
2. GET THEM TO EAT RAW FOODS:-
Every time your child eats fruits or vegetables, their system gets into detox mode. Encourage more of raw foods in your child’s diet like soaked nuts, seeds, fruits, salads, and veggie juices. Explore recipes that revolve around raw food like cacao almond milkshake with dates or a colourful fruit platter and let your children help in making these foods.
3. ADD FIBRE TO THEIR DIET
Nothing clogs up our gut like junk food. This can lead to constipation and a buildup of toxins within the gut, which is the most important detox organ of our body. Design meals and snacks around fibrous foods like hummus with carrot and cucumber sticks, green moong pancakes, grated carrot with honey yogurt dressing, mashed pea patties, mixed bean salad and watermelon chunks with crushed nuts/seeds.
4. ENCOURAGE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
Sweating is another way through which the body gets rid of toxins. Keep their video games out of sight and make them play outdoors. It could be running, walking, jumping up and down, playing in the garden, skating, badminton, football, skipping, cycling, etc. Playing also helps in stimulating lymphatic drainage and developing better cognitive function in them, so it’s a win-win situation.