Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mardia
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. MardiaYour feedback matters!
My self satish borkar and I have a problem sinus from last 5 year. How to solve this problem. What is the processor to recover.
Hi sir, age 36 years 4 years ago I had suffer mdr tb and after 1 years started drug side effect dizziness and imbalance when walking after completing course 2 years I feel better no after 2 years again started imbalance when walking what I can do now started ringing in ear also.
I am 69 years old man. Most of time I feel blocked ears, burning feeling sometime in throat and heaviness in the forehead. If I talk for more than ten minutes at a time, first my forehead then whole body gives a feeling as if BP has increased. I have Doctors, they tell me it is Anxiety. Just relax it will go. I feel better but it comes back again as I speak. Advise solution.
Otitis media or an ear infection which affects the middle ear, due to a viral or a bacterial attack. It is a painful condition that crops up due to fluid build-up in the middle ear. Since infections of this nature clear on their own, the treatment concentrates on pain management, and locating the underlying problem that caused the infection. Mostly, children under the age of 10 get affected by this condition. Persistent infections can lead to serious complications such as otitis media with effusion, chronic suppurative otitis media and chronic otitis media with effusion.
Causes of Otitis Media
Otitis media is the result of an infection caused due to a bacteria or virus attack. This condition is often triggered by underlying illness such as allergy, cold or flu. It causes swelling and congestion of the nasal passage eustachian tube and throat.
Role of Eustachian tube
The eustachian tubes are a couple of narrow tubes that run from the middle ear to the throat, behind the nasal passage. The throat end of the tube opens and closes, to perform functions such as regulate air pressure, refresh the air in the ear and drain the normal secretion from the ear. Mucus, swelling and inflammation in the eustachian tubes results in accumulation of fluid.
Role of adenoids
Adenoids are small tissues that are located at the back of the nose, and are believed to play a role in the immune system. Since adenoids are located near the opening of the eustachian tubes, any harm to the adenoids can block the tubes, resulting in infection of the tubes.
Risk factors that can cause Otitis Media
- Children aged between 6 months to 2 years are more vulnerable to otitis media, because of the smaller size and shape of the eustachian tube.
- Babies, who drink from a bottle while lying down, tend to suffer from eustachian tube infection, compared to babies fed from a plate in an upright position.
- Ear infections are prevalent during the winter and fall season. People who suffer from seasonal allergies have a greater probability to suffer from otitis media.
- People who are exposed to a high level of air pollution and tobacco smoke, have a greater chance to suffer from air infection than their counterparts.
- Professional swimmers who spend a long time in pool tend to suffer from ear infection compared to others.
- Children who are kept in a group child care setting, tend to suffer from ear infection. This is owing to a high exposure to cold and infection from other children.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!