Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manu Sobti
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Manu SobtiYour feedback matters!
I am having stone 8 mm in my right side mid ureter. I am having homeopathic medicine. Some times pain occur and its worse. Please advice me if go for operate or continue with medicine.
My mother is suffering UTI problem since 8 months, fever every alternative month also she is diabetic urine report show pus cell 100to 120 shows e-coli even in recent last week report. When consulted Doctor he suggested Cystoscopy procedure 8 months back and told about low bladder and my mother to push bladder manually. So request right treatment medicine for same.
Hi, my wife has diagnosed urinary tract infection (klebtova oxytoka) recently. After the next day I also having the same symptoms. So I myself have my urine for culture test. But the test result gives me normal result. Then I went to doctor I show my result and explain my situation. He gave me Leon 500 mg tablet and list and complete-td. I asked him the reason behind my burning sensation while urinating. He said it's called honeymoon bladder infection and it will be cure soon. And I took my medicine last 3 days still I feel some very little burning sensation. So please let me know how long it'll take to normalize my infection.
I am a female age 60 years form Hyderabad. I am suffering from urine infection. I am a diabetic for 25 yrs. Few days before diagnosis report shows creatinine-2.4,blood urea-56, pus cell plenty in urine. And constant back pain. please recommend some good and effective medicine.
Will milk and curd are harmful for kidney if so how and in what way and should that be avoided. If taken moderately will that impact kidney functioning if one is diabetic.
I am 26 years old I have flame in always in urinary system and back pain loss of appetite abdominal pain what should I do doctor?
My daughter's urine is smelly and yellow in the morning. But during the day I don't find it to be that smelly but yellow. If she takes more water then it is normal. Is there any issue if it is smelly in the morning? she also has bad breath and chest cold. She often catches cold. I give her honey regularly. Will that help for chest cold?
Infection caused in the kidneys, ureters, bladder, urethra or prostate gland is known as urinary tract infection(UTI). According to doctors, sexually active women are generally more at risk of suffering from this condition. Females other than sexually active age group and men are otherwise immune for urinary tract infections. If they got UTI, they should be thoroughly investigated for its cause by a urologist.
Some of the causes which contribute to the development of this infection are:
- Females have short urethra: Due to the short length of the urethra, a lot of bacteria got entry into the urinary bladder from the vagina, during sexual intercourse. Therefore, it is wise for females to urinate after intercourse so that bacteria flush out in urine. If not, these bacteria will lead to UTI.
- Prostatitis is very common in young males: Infection of the prostate gland is very common in young males. Semen is naturally produced. If a young male does not ejaculate regularly, this stocked up semen leads to prostatitis. That’s why regular ejaculation is very important for males. Therefore, Masturbation is healthy, not harmful.
- Urination after ejaculation in males is harmful: If male urinates immediately after ejaculation, then some urine refluxes into the open mouth of prostate glands. Urinary chemicals cause prostatitis. Therefore, males should not void immediately after ejaculation.
- Phimosis: In male children, if prepuce does not open properly, it may cause infection.
- Unprotected sexual intercourse: Unprotected intercourse may transmit infections to the other partner if one partner has got the infection.
Other common reasons
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Kidney, ureteric and bladder stones
- Prostate Enlargements
- Urethral stricture
- Congenital disorders in children
Some of the symptoms of urinary tract infection are:
- A nagging urge to urinate: One of the most predominant symptoms of urinary tract infection is a persistent, nagging urge to urinate.
- There is a burning sensation when you urinate: If you feel a burning sensation while urinating, chances are extremely high that you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Red colored urine: Sometimes your urine may contain a perceptible amount of blood in them.
- Foul smelled urine: An internal infection in the urinary tract manifests itself in different ways. One of the chief symptoms of this infection is discharging foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the pelvic area: Women who suffer from urinary tract infection experience excruciating pain near the pelvic area, sometimes extending to the pubic bone.
- Fever with chills: Severe infection may lead to fever with chills and rigors.
- Frequent urge for urination: Frequent urination may be a sign of infection.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!