Lybrate Mini logo
Lybrate for
Android icon App store icon
Ask FREE Question Ask FREE Question to Health Experts
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Mansi

Gynaecologist, Mumbai

600 at clinic
Dr. Mansi Gynaecologist, Mumbai
600 at clinic  ·  ₹ online
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Mansi
Dr. Mansi is a renowned Gynaecologist in Dadar West, Mumbai. She is currently associated with Shushrusha Hospital in Dadar West, Mumbai. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Mansi on

Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Street No 698-B, Ranade Road, Dadar West, Landmark : Nera Shivaji Park, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
600 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Abortion Habitual

MD - Homeopathy, Certificate in Gynaecology & Obestric, BHMS
Ask Free Question
Abortion is the expulsion of products of conception either fully or partially.
The causes of abortion vary from hormonal disturbances any trauma or injury, a severe shock, infectious and foetal abnormalities. It is a nature's way of rejecting a malformed baby.
Other reasons can be:
TORCH infections.
Uterine weakness or displacement.
Cervical canal weakness.


Bleeding from vagina either profuse or in spots.
Pain is usually the dull type of pain in abdomen and back.

DO'S and DONT'S:

If you have a bad obstetric history like repeated abortions, malformed foetuses, consult a gynaecologist as soon as pregnancy is suspected.
Do not over strain, carry weights, or do laborious jobs during pregnancy.
Take plenty of rest but do take some light exercise. Exercises should be done only under the medical guidance or expert opinion.
Take doctor's advice on diet and medicate.
Do not self-medicate.
1 person found this helpful

If a girl is suffering from periods then in which period we do sex that our partner is not pregnant?

Advanced Infertility, MD, MBBS
Ask Free Question
Sex in periods is absolutely safe although messy. Safe sex is with contraception use condoms. But a week from date of periods and the last week when she is expecting menses is very safe.
5 people found this helpful

I had sex with my hus for first time before three days. After having sex a reddish brown coloured liquid is coming from my vagina. The day after sex I ate papaya in the evng. And the 3rd day morning I went to pee and I found that im bleeding like in ma periods time. I was bleeding only one time. Is it a abortion bleeding. Im felt so much pain in my vagina and now itz lit fine than before. I'm I pregnant?. Im feeling like abortion happened in me.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS, MBBS
Ask Free Question
Hello, it is not an abortion but likely hymenal rupture bleed or possibly due to cervical erosions or due to vaginal abrasions. Please get a per speculum examination done.

My wife is in 7th month of pregnancy, usually she has a low BP (110/70) but during recent check up the BP was found to be 150/90. doctor have prescribed Labetelol and Zolpidem for 7 days. She is a working lady. Staying alone. Please suggest what care should be taken and how we plan ahead.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Ask Free Question
It depends on urine albumin. If it is 2+ or more , pregnant will need to be delivered to save complications to mother.

How physiotherapy can help through pregnancy and after pregnancy

MSPT (Master of Physical Therapy), BPT
Ask Free Question
Pregnancy and childbirth throw a woman’s daily routine out for a toss. During and after pregnancy is the time when her body undergoes a number of hormonal and physical changes. Mundane tasks like sitting, standing, walking, and working become a challenge.

Research suggests that almost all pregnant women experience musculoskeletal discomfort but around 25% become temporarily disabled because of it. All these occur due to the incredible changes taking place in the body during a normal pregnancy.

Pregnancy discomfort has been accepted as a part of the normal process of pregnancy for years now. But just because you are pregnant does not necessarily mean that you have to accept problems like a backache and pelvic girdle pain as unmanageable. Doctors of today have realized that physiotherapy is the key to enhancing a woman's health during pregnancy. The main aim of physiotherapy is to reduce discomfort, to prepare the body for delivery and to speed-up recovery after childbirth.

Physiotherapy through pregnancy

The basic aim of physiotherapy during pregnancy is to help the body deal with issues related to mobility, musculature, circulation and respiration. Prior to starting an effective antenatal (before birth) program, a thorough evaluation is done to recognize which exercises would be best suited to the woman's needs. These exercises are aimed at strengthening muscles,
decreasing joint pain, correcting muscle imbalances, and increasing the overall range of motion of the body. Therapists may also advise you about correct sleeping positions as your normal sleeping routine may be disturbed during pregnancy.

Here's how physiotherapy deals with some common complaints experienced by women during pregnancy.

Lower back pain: almost all pregnant women experience low back pain, though it tends to become severe after third trimester begins because the woman's centre-of-gravity shifts due to the increase in the stomach size. Lower back pain is treated with manual and passive physiotherapy, back support, postural education, and some pilates exercises. Home exercises are also taught which the women are encouraged to continue at home.

Pain in the sacroiliac joints: sacroiliac joints are present in the lowest region of the lower back. This pain is usually concentrated in the buttock region. During pregnancy, due to excessive hormone release, the body's connective tissues tend to relax so that the muscles can stretch to aid in delivery. This may cause the sacroiliac muscles and ligaments to become excessively mobile, causing extreme joint movements. Due to this, the woman may experience difficulty in lifting the leg, swelling in the joints, pain in the hips, and difficulty while standing and sitting. Strengthening exercises are provided by the physiotherapist to stabilize the joints and hands-on therapy is given to reduce the pain by realigning the pelvis.

Urinary incontinence (due to pelvic floor weakness): progesterone, which is known as the pregnancy hormone, relaxes the muscles of the pelvic floor in order for it to be supple and ready for delivery. Therefore, these muscles can weaken and strain during pregnancy and childbirth, which leads to urinary incontinence (unable to contain or retain urine) and pelvic floor dysfunction. Physiotherapists will teach you strengthening exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. They may also provide you with a pilates based exercise program to help reduce the muscle weakness that may occur after childbirth.

Sciatica: sciatica is a problem that a lot of pregnant women experience. Continuous pressure or strain on the sciatic nerve can lead to backache, and weakness, numbness and tingling in the leg or associated areas. Physiotherapy uses stretching exercises and manual therapy to relieve you of these symptoms.

Carpal tunnel syndrome: this condition is caused due to build-up of excessive fluid resulting in swelling in the carpal tunnel in the wrist. You may experience symptoms like pain, numbness, tingling, and loss of coordination in your hands and fingers. Physiotherapy techniques such as mobilization, strengthening exercises, stretching, and soft tissue techniques help to reduce these symptoms. In severe cases, a wrist brace may be provided to put on during specific activities to minimize inflammation.

Physiotherapy after pregnancy

Physiotherapy does not stop once your baby is born. It is very much part of post-natal care too. Gentle physiotherapy exercises must be started two days after the baby's birth. However, this must only be done after consulting with your doctor. Most hospitals have physiotherapists who will offer their services before you are discharged. For the first six weeks after childbirth, your body is still in the recovery phase and walking is the best exercise for you. Start with short walks, and then slowly increase time, distance, and speed of your walks, according to your comfort. Swimming is another good exercise, but you can only start with this after you have recovered properly. If you experience any pain and discomfort, discontinue the activity immediately and consult your doctor. After six weeks, with the go-ahead from your doctor, you can start with sports and exercise classes.

Women also experience certain post-natal complications. Here is how physiotherapy helps you recover from them.

Low back pain: physiotherapy techniques such mobilization, stretching, strengthening, soft tissue techniques, and hydrotherapy are very beneficial in reliving post-natal backache. Certain pilates exercises are also helpful.

Weakness of pelvic floor muscles: immediately after childbirth, the pelvic floor muscles are weakened. These muscles can be strengthened by pilates based exercise program and other exercises specific to pelvic floor muscle strengthening, which the physiotherapist will teach you.

Sacroiliac joint pain: this pain can continue after pregnancy too. Strengthening exercises and hydrotherapy can help in regaining normal muscle tone.

Diastasis recti or abdominal separation: generally this condition occurs in women who have undergone multiple pregnancies. A physiotherapist will provide you strengthening exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles.

A woman's body undergoes incredible strain during pregnancy, and physiotherapy is something that can make the entire process so much easier. It aims not only at your recovery but enhances your body's ability to have a smooth and easy delivery. Physiotherapy makes the experience of pregnancy positive and joyful, just as it should be.
How physiotherapy can help through pregnancy and after pregnancy

My mc is not regular, what can I do, I am married. please give you valuable advice?

Diploma in homeopathy, B. Sc
Ask Free Question
My mc is not regular, what can I do, I am married. please give you valuable advice?
Take homeopathic pills: puls 30, nux m 30, sulph 30, three pills of each four times a day until regularized.

My daughter - studying in 10th (ICSC) average in study, exams are on head - but due to one and another reasons - i.e. eating habit, monthly irregular periods and study strees - she is feeling weak now a days - this is what we as parents feel - can u advise us what type of protein / energy / medicine she required at this stage, OR even not required anything ? will be oblige for your timely and helpful suggestion.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ask Free Question
Along with protein she need brain tonic which contain shankhpushpi,brahmi.Proherb is ayurvedic protein supplement along with ashwagandha and shatavari is more helpful
1 person found this helpful

My reports States bilateral PCOD, will dis be a big problem in conceiving in future,

Doctor of Homeopathic Medicine (H.M.D.), Nutrition/ Diet planning, Diploma in Naturopathy & Yogic Science (DNYS), Cosmetology, BHMS, DND, Pranic Healing
Ask Free Question
My reports States bilateral PCOD, will dis be a big problem in conceiving in future,
Take Homoeopathic medicines. Safe and effective. No side effects. Prescribe after taking brief history of patient. Guaranteed Results in just Two Months. Diet consultation and diet planning according BMI consists of protein, carbs and fats in proportionate form with calculated calories to achieve your goals in healthy manner and maintained metabolism. Consult privately on Lybrate.

If someone leaves the cure for pcos in between than may she have some problems in future related to pcos? What kind of precaution should be taken after 40's. Which medical test should be done to check the status?

M.D in Homoeopathy, B.H.M.S
Ask Free Question
Pcos is more seen in females between the age of 30-40 yrs. And if it is related with menstrual irregularities and weight gain then the treatment should be started again. Here daily walk and diet and weight control must be followed.
1 person found this helpful

Hi. I have a breast pain. I did two pregnancy test and the result was negative. I feel sick sometimes it makes me wait and sometimes I feel dizzy. What should I do? My ovulation was on the 28th september I think.

MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology, MBBS, DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Ask Free Question
Hi. I have a breast pain. I did two pregnancy test and the result was negative. I feel sick sometimes it makes me wai...
Since women experience different symptoms prior to menses. It's called pre menstrual syndrome. Bloating, breast tenderness are few signs. It will resolve on its own. Avoid excess salt. Wait for your periods as usual.
1 person found this helpful

I am a 20 year old girl. I am having PCOD since last 2 years. I am fed-up of consuming the medicines every time and just want to get rid of this disease. Kindly suggest a permanent solution.

General Physician
Ask Free Question
I am a 20 year old girl.
I am having PCOD since last 2 years.
I am fed-up of consuming the medicines every time and j...
Hello, pcos or pcod s a problem in which a woman's hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. Pcos also may cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it isn't treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. The most common symptoms are: acne. Weight gain and trouble losing weight. Extra hair on the face and body. Thinning hair or even hair loss on scalp. Irregular periods. Often women with pcos have fewer than nine periods a year. Some women have no periods. Others have very heavy bleeding. Fertility problems. Many women who have pcos have trouble getting pregnant (infertility), depression. Regular exercise, healthy foods, and weight control are the key treatments for pcos. Treatment (hormonal) can reduce unpleasant symptoms and help prevent long-term health problems. Try to fit in moderate activity and/or vigorous activity often. Brisk walking, jogging, dance or aerobics are great exercise that most people can do. Eat heart-healthy foods. This includes lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It limits foods that are high insaturated fat, such as meats, cheeses, and fried foods. Most women who have pcos can benefit from losing weight. Even losing 5 kg may help get your hormones in balance, regulate your menstrual cycle and can make you ovulate.
1 person found this helpful


B.Sc(hons), Physics, B.H.M.S., PGDIT (software Engg)
Ask Free Question
. Early bed early rise.
2. Bathing before sunrise to reduce mucus related problems (stick yellowish mucus in sinus plexus).
3 if ganges near then take bath there.
4. maintain a proper weight.
5. Female 5' to 5.5' minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs app.
6. Male 5' to 510 ,in 60kgs max 75 kgs app.
7. Water intake daily 3-5 ltrs.
8. Freehand exercise 30 min in morning daily to accumulate more oxygen into blood.
9. Avoid oily food outside. only fruit juice or white sweets.
10. nutritious balance diet.
11. prepare popcorn in home and do breakfast with it to
be healthy and avoid stool related problems.
12. I am opening Nutrition club to get healthy.
13 to increase working power to be wealthy.
14. My success is there if I sort out your health problems.
15. Pranayam daily.
16. Eat slight less what you normally intake.

I am 20 week pregnant and fetus is diagnosed with congenital diaphragmatic hernia what should I do now? I conceived with ivf.

MBBS (Gold Medalist, Hons), MS (Obst and Gynae- Gold Medalist), DNB (Obst and Gynae), Fellow- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (ACOG, USA)
Ask Free Question
Please take help of paediatric surgeon. One option is repair of the defect after delivery of the baby, if pediatric surgeon feels so. Another option may not be acceptable to you- the termination.
1 person found this helpful

Yesterday night I had sex with my partner, and I didn't use any safety precautions and I saw some bleeding from my vagina. I am 100% sure it's not my periods. Also, as I said we didn't use any safety precautions, I have doubt about my pregnancy. Can you suggest me what steps should I take to abort this situation. I don't want to be pregnant right now. Also currently I am having Medicine for PCOD from last 1 month.

MBBS, DGO, MD, Fellowship in Gynae Oncology
Ask Free Question
Yesterday night I had sex with my partner, and I didn't use any safety precautions and I saw some bleeding from my va...
You can take I pill within 24 to 36 hrs of unprotected intercourse. But do not take it frequently if you don't want to conceive now.

Recently I had my pregnancy test nd it was positive. Nw i'm in 15th dy of my pregnancy but nw i'm observing white vaginal discharge. Is der any side effects of vaginal discharge during dis early days of pregnancy.

MBBS, DGO, MD, Fellowship in Gynae Oncology
IVF Specialist
Ask Free Question
Recently I had my pregnancy test nd it was positive. Nw i'm in 15th dy of my pregnancy but nw i'm observing white vag...
Hello, White colored discharge is common during pregnancy. However, if it is accompanied with foul or fishy smell or itching, it may be a matter of concern. So in this case, consult your gynaecologist for further evaluation and management. Do regular follow-ups wiht your obstetrician for safe and healthy pregnancy.

I am 24 years old and got married before 6 months. We are trying for kid. And also we have consulted doctor . I hv undergone all test like infertility test . Doc has given consevel and folvite tablet for two months. Will this help in getting pregnant. why exactly it is taken.

fellow in Obstetric Medicine , MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS, MBBS
Ask Free Question
I am 24 years old and got married before 6 months. We are trying for kid. And also we have consulted doctor . I hv un...
Hello, the chance of pregnancy per cycle is only 20-30%. So don't stress out. Since your tests are normal you don't need to worry as much. These medicines help in development of baby shud pregnancy occur!
3 people found this helpful

During period my stomach is so pained and pain is so hard that can not control by any medicine. As from doctor instruction I do ultrasound of my stomach but no result found, no medicine work. Can doing sex is benefit. How can I overcome from this problem?

General Physician
Ask Free Question
During period my stomach is so pained and pain is so hard that can not control by any medicine. As from doctor instru...
Pain during periods is due to contractions of the uterine muscle and you might have to bear it with medication and I will suggest you to exercise regularly and don't loose your virginity as of now till marriage.
1 person found this helpful

Uterine Prolapse: Risks, Symptoms and Diagnosis

fellow in Obstetric Medicine , MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS, MBBS
Ask Free Question
The uterus or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.

Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.

Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:

Complicated delivery during pregnancy
Weak pelvic muscle
Loss of tissue after menopause and loss of common estrogen
Expanded weight in the stomach area, for example, endless cough, constipation, pelvic tumors or accumulation of liquid in the guts
Being overweight
Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
Real surgery in the pelvic zone

Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:

Feeling of sitting on a ball
Abnormal vaginal bleeding
Increase in discharge
Problems while performing sexual intercourse
Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
Bladder infections

Nonsurgical medications include:

Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
Indulging in normal physical activity

Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:

The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an X-ray is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves.
Uterine Prolapse: Risks, Symptoms and Diagnosis
2548 people found this helpful

Sir my gf suffers from a lot of pain in his stomach during periods please help me out I am little worried about her.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Ask Free Question
Homoeopathic treatment dysmin (sbl) chew 4 tab 4 hrly 2 days before the expected date nd 4 tabs 1-2 hrly on the onset of periods. In 3-4 months remarkable change.
1 person found this helpful

Hi, I am 34 years old lady. I got married 2 years back. My periods are not regular since it started. I was suffering from PCOD as doctor said. I took treatment from various gynaecologist but its not regular till now. Now I am not able to conceive cause I am not aware of unsafe days because of irregularities in my periods. Please suggest.

Ask Free Question
Hi, I am 34 years old lady. I got married 2 years back. My periods are not regular since it started. I was suffering ...
Take aloevera juice twice daily empty stomach Kanchnaar guggle 2 tablets twice daily after meal with water Dashmoorisht 20 ml twice daily after meal with equal water Rajoparivartini tablets 2 tablets twice daily with water after meal
1 person found this helpful
View All Feed