Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mansi ChavanYour feedback matters!
Is masturbating and nightfall relates to low sperm count? If my semen in liquid form then there is any possibility of sperm in semen, if no then how this problem can be cured. Reply.
My Uric acid is high. Kindly suggest vegetables and fruit or other nature ways to control uric acid ?
I am 23 years old my mouth is not open in naturally open is only go in two finger in mouth. Please help me.
Everybody has a certain amount of dopamine & endorphins in their which are the pleasure chemical. Some people produce less of it, genetically or due to other reasons. These individuals seek out substance in various forms for their dopamine & endorphin levels to be maintained. Tolerance. Different genetically programmed individuals start consuming substances at different age. And after a certain level, they need more of the same substance for the desired effect. This is called tolerance.
Withdrawal. When a person is addicted to a substance long enough that when one stops its suddenly, it can cause physicals effects like tremors, sleeplessness, cravings, body ache, etc. These features are known as withdrawals.
When all these three features are seen in a person along with a lifestyle which only involves getting & consuming the substance as main priority, then we can diagnose the person as substance dependence. The main substances of abuse seen in our country are:
- tobacco (cigarettes, bidis, gutkha, tambaku, khaini, paan, zarda)
- alcohol (beer, spirit)
- cannabis (ganja, charas, weed, grass, marijuana)
- opioids (garad, brown sugar, heroin, cough syrup)
- benzodiazapenes (button, roofies)
- inhalant (whitener, nail paint remover)
- hallucinogens (lsd, acid, mushrooms, amphitamines)
And many more which can be experimented with and can become drugs of abuse.
The main thing to keep in mind regarding treatment of substance dependence is that it is a psychiatric illness like diabetes or hypertension, and that it is not under the voluntary control of the patient. The patient requires strong social support to strengthen his motivation to leave the substance. Medications can only help in suppressing the withdrawal features & control cravings to some extent. But acceptance of substance dependence as a mental illness by the society is the need for the hour.
Any patient should not try leaving substance on their own as withdrawal can lead to further complications. Please consult your nearest psychiatrist for medication & further help.
My board exams are going to be held in a week. So I do late night studies and I am suffering from head aches. I have take tablets like dispirine, but it showed no effect. Please help.
I'm suffering form cold since over. 7 days tablets are not working, what should I do to get my health back?
My mom has head reeling when ever she gets up from bed for about 1-2 mins and she says she has symptoms for vertigo! What are the symptoms, is it serious?
I have suffering from piles or bhagander. Since last 2 year. But only some time I have pain when I eat spices. I need your help which kind of medicine is good foe this. Coz I dont want to do operations.
I have a severe constipation. What should I need to do? As i am not getting motions from last 3 to 4 days. What are the things I need to take care. How I cure it and what are the things I need to take Care in future?
Meri age 22 years hai. Aur meri body healthy hai. Jab bhi mai sex ko lekar jyaada excited hota hu yaa phir kuch porn movies dekhta hu toh mere penis se kuch patla liquid nikalta hai, par iska meri sex desire par koi asar nahi padta. Mai yeh jaanana chahta hu ki yeh kya hai aur kyu hota hai. Kya yeh koi bimaari toh nahi hai.
My father is addicted to tobacco consumption and has digestion problem, I think it is because of tobacco. please suggest me what should I do?
Sir I am a 50 years man last 4 months I am feeling bad because I am suffering from stomach pain please tell me any suggestion.
Piles or Haemorrhoids is a disease of the anal canal. The veins in this region get affected. They swell as blood stagnates inside them. This causes discomfort while passing stool. The most obvious symptoms of piles are bleeding and pain at the time of excretion or passing of the stool. For most of the patients with piles, sitting or standing becomes a tedious task.
What causes piles?
The primary reason behind the occurrence of piles is a patient’s sedentary lifestyle. Most of it also depends on upon his or her diet intake. Many of us consume a lot of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in our regular meals. But, we forget or are simply reluctant to take up physical exercises. This, in turn, leads to increase in body weight and hampers the activity of our digestive system. As a result, patients develop diseases like piles.
Diet plays a vital role in preventing piles. If we don’t add an adequate amount of fibre or roughage to our diet, there is a potential threat of developing piles. Fibres help with the convenient evacuation of the stool. In fact, fibres form the bulk of the stool. Besides, insufficient intake of water may also cause this disease.
Natural ways to tackle Piles
Piles can be managed or tackled by bringing in some changes in our lifestyle. Some of the ways of managing piles have been listed below:
- Add more roughage and fruits to your diet
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid laxatives
- Sit in a tub of hot water to get relief from the pain
- Drink plenty of water
Homoeopathic treatment for Piles
When it comes to the treatment of piles, Homeopathy is quite safe and an effective method to get rid of the problem. It doesn’t have any side effect on the patient’s health. It doesn’t include any painful surgery for removal of piles. Moreover, homoeopathy is budget-friendly. Here are some effective homoeopathic medicines, useful in curing piles:
- Hamamelis: This medicine is useful in stopping the bleeding in piles. It can cure any venous congestion and bleeding. It can also be taken when the patient develops a feeling of soreness.
- Ratanhia: It gives relief from the pain due to piles. A patient suffering from piles feels immense pain and a burning sensation at the time of stool evacuation and even for hours after that.
- Graphites: It is prescribed to a patient suffering from both constipation and piles. It is given to them who are obese, have skin eruptions and constipation.
- Nux Vomica: It is given to patients who have a sedentary lifestyle, take spicy food and are active smokers and alcohol drinkers. Usually, patients who have been advised to take Nux Vomica are aggressive in nature. It cures piles as well as digestive disorders.
Things to remember: These medicines are only some of the homoeopathic remedies available in the market. It is best to consult a homoeopathic practitioner for the perfect treatment.
I am male, 61 yr. Facing problem of erectile dysfunction. I am diabetic and also BP. How can I improve my ED.
Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a STD caused by the three different types of the “Chlamydia trachomatis” bacterium. LGV is generally a disease of the lymphatic system. It is characterized by small, asymptomatic skin lesions along the pelvis or groin region. It has been noticed that men are more prone to this than women.
What are the symptoms of lymphogranuloma venereum?
The symptoms may start within a few days or months after coming in contact with the bacteria. Some of the common symptoms are:
1. Pain during bowel movement
2. The growth of small painless sores in the genital area
3. Your skin might swell and turn red.
4. There can be drainage from the lymph nodes in the groin.
5. Blood and puss may pass from the rectum as well
What are the possible complications related to lymphogranuloma venereum?
1) The patient may have brain inflammation although this is very rare
2) The patient may suffer from infection in joints, eyes, heart, and liver
3) The rectum may get narrower and scary
4) There may be long-term swelling and inflammation of the genitals
How can you diagnose lymphogranuloma venereum?
1. Generally, doctors suspect lymphogranuloma venereum when the patient is suffering from genital ulcers, swollen lymph nodes and proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus).
2. Rectal specimens, genital lesions, and lymph node specimens are taken to test for Chlamydia trachomatis. This is detected by culture, nucleic acid detection, and direct immunofluorescence tests.
What are the treatments available for lymphogranuloma venereum?
People with LGV must be treated with antibiotics and drainage of the bulbous growths may also be necessary for symptomatic relief. Generally, two antibiotics are used to treat such patients:
1. Doxycycline, may be used to treat patients who are not pregnant.
2. Erythromycin is used in other cases and especially for women who are pregnant.
HIV positive patients and HIV-negative patients are treated in the same way. However, HIV patients may have to continue the treatment for a longer period of time due to the compromised immune system. The patients have to abstain from sexual activity till the completion of the antibiotic dose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.