Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj ViraniYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old, female. I am having serious pricking sensation all over the body for quite some months. Like sometime head, fingers,legs, hands, neck then the other moment is in lower abdomen. I seriously can't predict when and where the next moment it gonna pain or choke. I got lump on head and when I consulted a doctor about the head's lump. He said it to be cause of oil gland. Neurologist And now I got lump on my breast bone. I got the pricking and choking sensation in my heart and breast. I seriously don't know what I am going through. I have no idea which department should I see and consult a doctor. I will be very thankful if you gonna help me. Thanking you.
I feel always nervous when doing anything and MY hand always shivering in fear is there any solutions?
Seizure is a sudden change in behavior that is the consequence of brain dysfunction.
Approximately 0.5–1% of population has epilepsy.
ome seizures are provoked i.e. that occur in the metabolic derangement, drug or alcohol withdrawal and in situations like acute paralysis or acute encephalitis. Such patients are not considered to have epilepsy because these seizures would not recur in the absence of the provocation.
Less than 50% of epilepsy cases will have an identifiable cause such as head trauma, brain tumor, paralysis, infection, brain malformation etc.
Having one seizure does not always mean that the patient would always get a seizure.
One episode of seizure may not require treatment.
Hospitalization is required in the first seizure only if it is associated with prolonged post seizure altered level of consciousness.
Patients with unprovoked seizure may not be allowed to drive for some time.
In children, seizure can occur with high grade fever.
In adults, the first episode of seizure may be due to worms in the brain. In such a situation, it may be necessary to do an MRI test.
A patient with seizure can get married, live a normal life and produce children.
It is a misnomer that during a fit you need to make the person smell a shoe.
During epilepsy, never put the fingers inside the mouth of the patient as you could be bitten. Use a spoon instead to prevent tongue bite.
A patient with epilepsy fall will have stiffness in the body; on the contrary, patient with cardiac loss of consciousness will fall loose.
A seizure that lasts for more than 5–10 minutes requires specialized attention.
Hi doctor. My wife has got pregnancy. Now she is 1 month 10 days pregnant. She is suffering from severe headache. She can't have good sleep in day & night. Last month she was diagnosed and result is migraine. Now she is suffering with same. So, what medication and home remedies should be taken to control migraine without any problem to baby.
I have a migran form last 3-4 years I take many treatments but my problem is not solve please give me same advice for my problem.
M suffering from Nerve Weakness & Anxiety which cause me Migraine Pain. 1) Blood Donation is good for me or bad 2 Does frequency of Sex matters in Nerve weakness & Migraine please tell me.
Our body is composed of many elements that carry out emotional and physical functions that are usually in sync with one another. It is important for these organs and other elements to be in sync for good health. All nerves are connected to the brain and are responsible for sending important signals throughout your body. Therefore, even one pressed nerve may send you warning signals such as pain to the body. It is advisable not to overlook these signals. Damage from a pressed nerve might be minor or extreme. It might bring about persistent and chronic issues. Therefore, the sooner you get a treatment for nerve compression, the more relieving experience you will have. In a few cases, you cannot reverse the damage caused by a pressed nerve. However, treatment does relieve you from the pain in most cases.
Nerves are the most vulnerable at spots in your body where they go through narrow spaces and have very less tissue to protect them. These are the places they are more likely to get pinched. A number of the causes may include:
- If the nerve is pressed between tissues, for example, your tendon, ligament or bone.
- Nerve compression in your neck or arm may likewise bring pain in zones, for example, your elbow, hand, wrist or fingers.
- Aggravation or weight on a nerve root leaving the spine may bring about neck or low back pain.
- In case a disc tears, it is known as a herniated circle that can put weight on a spinal nerve.
Some of the common symptoms of pinched nerves are:
- Pain in the region of pressure, for example, the neck or low back
- Transmitting pain, for example, sciatica or radicular pain
- Blazing sensation
To what extent you are affected depends from individual to individual. Treatment fluctuates, based upon the seriousness and reason for the pinched nerve. You may find that you benefit from just resting the affected area and by maintaining distance from any exercises that may cause you harm. If side effects endure or torment is serious, it is best to consult specialist. You may require one or more types of treatment to contract swollen tissue around the nerve.
Treatment may include:
- NSAIDs - Non steroidal inflammation mitigating drugs (NSAIDs, for example, headache medicine, ibuprofen, or naproxen may diminish swelling).
- Oral corticosteroids - These are utilized to lessen swelling and agony.
- Opiates - These are utilized for brief periods to lessen extreme pain.
- Steroid infusions - These infusions may diminish swelling and allow the affected nerves to recover.
- Exercise based recuperation - This will extend and reinforce muscles.
- Brace - A prop or delicate neckline limits movement and permits muscles to rest for brief periods.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: They are the most cost effective and non invasive methods for pain relief as recommended by the WHO. Your pain will be taken care of by the interventional pain physician or the pain specialist.
- Surgery - Surgery might be required for more serious issues that do not react to different sorts of treatment.
I am 25 year healthy man. I heard sounds in brain. Feel as someone is keep watch on me. Getting disturbed from brain.
Hi sir, My question is how can I get a Free mind, because a long time ago I can't sleep well, I think it's migraine. So please tell me how I can cool my brain and still like a normal man. Thank you.
1) Neurological Disorder
2) Rest less Mind
3) Un known cause
4) Brain Cell Damage due to Accident or Stroke
In system of Medicine Anti- Convulsion Drug use along with sedative Drug.
In Neurological Disorder many time suggested for Operation.
What Is Definition of Restless Mind?
When Many uncalled n Called thought conflict with each other & if same was not Resolved in timely then Its lead a stress in mind , and when many stress condition again conflict with each other lead Restless Mind . Its Very serious Disorder of mind Condition & Handle with appropriate Remedy along with Family support to come out from this situation
1) C T Scan / MRI / EEG / CBC with other test
2) Along with Medicine and Family support Its need for Meditation n Use complimentary system of Remedy to fast come out from this cause Like Homeopathy / Aroma / Bio – Chemic / Bach Flower / acupressure etc…
3) Proper Balanced Diet with Exercise & Meditation
My mother in law has some problem like specified in discharge summay. What does it say and what we have to do. 1. Chronic liver diseases with portal hypertension idiopathic 2. Dilated cardiomyopathy with left ventricular failure 3. Hypothyroidism 4. Seizure disorder.
She is suffering from paralysis since last 4 year and she is cured approx 80% but still her right leg not proper getting moment and cure she unable to stand up self. She walk using walker. I need help and suggestion what I do. How can she fully recover. Pl help.
I have hand shivering from childhood. I am really ashamed before other. Can you please tell me how it can stopped. Shivering is more if someone watches when I am doing some sensitive thing.
I am 5 ft 7 inches tall 33 year old married lady with two daughters and weigh 80 kgs. I have a severe migraine especially during my menstrual periods. In addition i have an episode of atleast 2-3 migraine attacks in a months time. I have been prescribed with 'HEADSET" medicine by the doctor. But i am yet to find a permanent solution. Request provide suitable advice please.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.