Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj ShroffYour feedback matters!
I have sensitivity in my teeth for 2 year. I have been using a sensodine tooth pest but no effect. What should I do now - Ajay Kumar Dubey.
In morning, I get little thick jelly like saliva in my mouth. What is the cause? Do I need to worry?
I have problem with my teeth bleeding When I am brush bleeding takes place please give me as solution.
My inner mouth cheek has problem since 6 months. After consulting general physician, dentist, ENT specialist, finally consulting with dermatologist since 3 months. I'm prescribed candida mouth paint, kenacort, dologel. It has largely reduced. But, the last 10-15% remain since 2 months. What should I do?
Sir/Mam, I'm 15 year old, I have brush our teeth daily with colgate but still my teeth is not white i. E, yellowish. So what I do.
I have a health issue that is whenever I talk bad odour comes out of my mouth and I have tried few toothpastes but nothing has worked. Please tell me a solution!
My sister age is 20 and she had 2 milk teeth it is not broken yet. please give suggestion what should we do. Is it better to remove teeth by a dentist. Is there any problem my sister face after removal of teeth.
When I smile laugh or talk nobody can see my upper teeth! Its seem like I am old but I am still 19 years old! This makes me feel very bad! I don't know if my upper lip is too long or my teeth are too small? What can I do in this situation? Please help!
In chennai I need to take dental treatment. My gums are bleeding., And very slightly moving teeth and blackened infection also starting in teeth. I need advanced painless treatment. I am afraid of hospital. So please suggest me painless treatment.
I want to tighten my teeth closer which have bit gaps at present, is it possible(my age is 21)? If it is then how long it will take for the procedure to complete?
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.