Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj RajaniYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam, I am 35 years old and suffering from acidity (GERD) since 6 to 7 years and also suffer from migraine. Doctors told that migraine is due to acidity. I have consulted ayurvedic, homeopathic, allopathy doctors but not cured. Now I have been prescribed Pantocid DSR, Naxdom 250mg & betacap plus 10. I feel ok. How long can I continue the prescription? please suggest safe remedy.
Dear Doctor, Since last one week frequently my right hand and small and ring fingers are also getting numbed slightly but not completely and I am feeling that for long time. One more thing is this happens to me after the very next day of night shift I usually attend at office (but I sleep at least 4 hrs though). And 'm really getting afraid so much. Is it any kind of serious? please help me out by suggesting something to cure it.
Sir, I have Ncc from last 9 months I have already taken medicine from a neurosurgeon what some times I have headache giddiness and feeling weakness in right side of body Please suggest.
I am 20 yrs old and when I sit continuing few hours my back goes numb. please help me regarding this.
With migraine, one of the best things you can do is learn your personal triggers that bring on the pain. Red wine, caffeine withdrawal, stress, and skipped meals are among the common culprits.
The first step is to track your migraine symptoms in a diary. Note what you were doing before and when your headache came on. What were you eating? how much sleep did you get the night before? did anything stressful or important happen that day? these are key clues.
Steps to avoid your triggers
Watch what you eat and drink. If you get a headache, write down the foods and drinks you had before it started. If you see a pattern over time, stay away from that item.
Eat regularly. Don't skip meals.
Curb the caffeine. Too much, in any food or drink, can cause migraines. But cutting back suddenly may also cause them. So try to slowly ease off caffeine if it seems to be one of your headache triggers.
Be careful with exercise. Everyone needs regular physical activity. It's a key part of being healthy. But it can trigger headaches for some people. If you're one of them, you can still work out. Ask your doctor what would help.
Get regular shut-eye. If your sleep habits get thrown off, or if you're very tired, that can make a migraine more likely.
Downsize your stress. There are many ways to do it. You could exercise, meditate, pray, spend time with people you love, and do things you enjoy. If you can change some of the things that make you tense, set up a plan for that. Counseling and stress management classes are great to try, too. You can also look into biofeedback, where you learn how to influence certain things (like your heart rate and breathing) to calm down stress.
Keep up your energy. Eat on a regular schedule, and don't let yourself get dehydrated.
What to look for in foods
These things are migraine triggers for some people:
Foods that have tyramine in them, such as aged cheeses (like blue cheese or parmesan), soy, smoked fish, and chianti wine
Alcohol, especially red wine
- Caffeine, which is in coffee, chocolate, tea, colas, and other sodas
- Foods made with nitrates, such as pepperoni, hot dogs, and lunchmeats
- Bread and other baked goods
- Dried fruits
- Potato chips
- Pizza, peanuts, and chicken livers
I am 54 year old. Recently on November 25th I have bypass surgery. On 27th I suddenly feel my right foot get numbness or senseless. After that Doctor say that my nerves are working properly. After coming to my hometown I feel pain. A Neurologist Suggest nerve conduction study. The test report says L1 L5&S1 have some problems but after taking medicine I can't feel relaxed. Another Doc Suggest For MRI But report is same. Medicine changed but nothing Happened. Again I go to Bangalore this time A neurologist said That it's Gout and he Suggested some medicine but one month after I still feel pain I can't understand what to do please suggest.
A migraine is one of the worst forms of headaches. It can result in excruciating pain leading to temporary impairing of a person. The pain is often one-sided and can last up to days. The pain can be pulsating or throbbing. Apart from pain, some other symptoms of this disease are insensitivity to light, vomiting, nausea, light temperature etc. For extreme cases, a patient might face symptoms such as temporary blindness, tingling sensation on the hand or leg area, flashes of light etc. Some common triggers of a migraine include loud music, sunlight, mental stress, improper sleep etc. While lifestyle changes can bring temporary relief to migraine patient, homeopathy treatment aims at permanent relief from a migraine altogether. In this article, we will describe few homeopathic medicines that can do wonders for a migraine patient-
- Belladonna- This is one of the most effective medicines for a migraine. This medicine is appropriate to those whose pain is throbbing in nature and originates from the temporal region of the brain. The pain of this kind starts suddenly without any warning signs whatsoever. The pain worsens with exposure to sunlight, cold air, touch etc. Applying pressure to the region of pressure makes the patient feel better. The patient of this nature finds it difficult to sleep as the pain increases with supine posture. Belladonna can be the perfect medicine for patients suffering from these symptoms. Daily intake in the empty stomach can improve migraine pain by leaps and pounds.
- Sanguinaria- This homeopathic medicine is used especially for migraine patient who feels pain only on the right side of the head. For patients whose a migraine gets initiated at the back of the head, faces the pain once in every week, gets relief from sleeping and lying down etc, Sanguinaria is the best homeopathic medicine one can have. It is wise to consult a homeopathic doctor to decide the dosage, medicine intake timings etc.
- Spigelia- This is a homeopathic medicine that pays rich dividends to those migraine patients whose pain starts from the left side of the head and finally settles down in the eye region. The patient often feels that there is a tight rubber band that has been around the head. The pain is sharp and aggravates with touch. Applying ice further worsens it. Spigelia is one homeopathic medicine that can greatly extend relief to such kind of migraine patients and can even cure the condition with prolonged intake.
- Natrum Mur- This is one universal homeopathic medicine that can extend relief to those migraine patients who has a headache that is congestive in nature. Some typical symptoms include face redness, throbbing nature of the pain, increase of pain with exposure to heat, feeling relieved by uncovering the head etc. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!