Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj Kantilal Patrawala
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj Kantilal PatrawalaYour feedback matters!
Here are 8 great benefits of cucumber you should avail yourself of this summer-
1) Rehydration - Cucumbers are 95 percent water. They help in keeping the body well hydrated while promoting toxin elimination in the body. Replace your aerated drinks, tea or coffee intake with cucumber.
2) Daily Vitamins - Cucumbers are a good source of vitamin B and C. In fact, cucumbers have most of the vitamins the body needs in a single day. Do not peel off its skin, because the skin contains a good amount of vitamin C, nearly 10 percent of the daily-recommended vitamins.
3) Hair & Skin Care - The silicon and sulfur in cucumbers help to stimulate hair growth. Cucumber juice and skin can be used for skin irritations and sunburns. When you place a slice over the eyes, cucumber’s anti-inflammatory properties help reduce puffiness of eyes.
4) Removes Bad Breath - Cucumber juice is a very good mouthwash. To get instant relief from bad breath, press a slice of cucumber to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for few seconds, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria that cause bad breath.
5) Aids in weight loss and digestion – Cucumber is a low calorie food with high fiber and water content, it is therefore an ideal diet for people looking at weight loss. It also aids digestion. Daily consumption of cucumbers is a tested remedy for chronic constipation.
6) Treats diabetes, blood pressure and cholestrol - Cucumber juice promotes insulin production in the body and is therefore very beneficial for diabetic patients. Due to its high potassium, magnesium and fiber content, cucumbers effectively regulate blood pressure. Also, a compound called ‘sterols’ in cucumbers helps in reducing cholesterol levels.
7) Relieves gout, joint pain and arthritis pain - Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues. They are also rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium – you name it! And when its juice is mixed with carrot juice, it can relieve gout and arthritis pain by lowering the uric acid levels.
8) Fight cancers - Cucumbers are known to contain pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and secoisolariciresinol. These three lignans have a strong history of research with respect to reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
My skin is dull, on my forehead lots of darkness is there compare to face, under eye black is there. Body always itching and head too. I am feeling always itching on hair. Pls suggest.
Hi, m 29 year old girl. I have a brown patch on my upperlip area and on right cheek from last 2 years, n its getting bigger also appearing on left cheek. Please provide me sum remedies to cure it?
Mujhe pichle ek mahine se elergy si ho rahi hai pehle body maine aise lagta hai ki body maine niddels chubh rahi hai fir kharish karne pe red nishaan ke sath swelling se ho jati hai maine iske liye citrizine medicine use ki uska asar do teen din tak rehta hai fir same problem shuru ho jati hai please help maine for permanent solution.
I am 22 yrz old and I used clobetasol and neomycin cream as for reduction of dry skin and moisturise it. I used twice or thrice in a weak and it give me good results and fairness in my face, so shall I continue to used it or not.
There are over 3000 skin problems that are known in medical history. From moles to rashes, hives to eczema, skin discoloration to oozing, the list is a long one. While some are temporary and disappear by themselves, some could be extremely dangerous if not treated early. Good news is that most skin disorders are treatable. Here is a list of frequent skin disorders that can affect any individual:
- Acne: Acne is mostly witnessed in teenagers through the phase of puberty. This is a non-infectious disease which is caused due to the presence of pustules, papules, and blackheads. Acne is caused due to hormonal spread and goes by itself by the age of 20-30. This can leave behind scars.
- Razor bumps: If a portion of the hair which is present below the follicular pore is shaved off, it curls within resulting into an inflammatory condition known as the razor bumps. It mostly occurs when a hair gets extracted due to close shaving. This is mostly seen in the beard area.
- Rosacea: This is a chronic condition characterised by dilation of the blood vessels, redness, pustules, and papules. Overgrowth of rhinophyma is also observed in some cases. This condition is mostly seen in adults and can give an impression of acne during the beginning. Anti-inflammatory treatment is required to get this disease under control.
- Cold Sores: `This condition is caused by a virus known as herpes simplex. The latter resides in the cells of the spinal cord and can travel through the peripheral nerve to attack the lip. They can stay for a time span of 8-10 days. Medical attention is necessary if the condition recurs frequently.
- Athlete’s food: It is an infection of the stratum corneum which is caused by a fungus known as the dermatophyte. This condition can be both inflammatory and anti-inflammatory. In the case of the former, there could be frequent itching followed by heavy irritation and dry scaling. This infection can be easily treated by applying antifungal creams that are readily available over the counter.
- Eczema: It is a condition of the gene that that is responsible for chronic and oozing dermatitis. Places, where they occur the most, include elbow and knee. They can also result in asthma and fever. Eczema occurs in early childhood of an individual and gets better with age. Doctors recommend topical steroids and emollients.
- Melasma: This condition often results from pregnancy and oral contraceptive medicines. It is a pigmentation which is flat and brownish in appearance. They can be visible on forehead, upper lip and cheeks of a person. Exposure to sunlight can make the spots darker. These infections are persistent in nature and very hard to get rid of.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.