Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I am 21 year old female, my nipples are paining badly, it is felt around the breast too. Any movement or jerk in my body makes me feel pain sometimes they protrude or else be soft. Red in appearance. What might be the problem. Is anything serious. Awaiting for your reply. Thanking you!
Hi I'm a male my face looks and is dark or black I want to become fair or look fairer please tel me wat should I do or wat should I apply please tel me plz.
Ayurveda believes that the human body is made of 3 doshas kapha, pitta and vata. Most illnesses are a result of imbalance between these three doshas and dominance of patterns and symptoms of one of the three doshas.
Melanin is the pigment that gives the skin its color; higher the pigment levels, darker the complexion. Hyperpigmentation is caused due to excessive melanin deposition, commonly in certain areas of the skin like the face leading to blemishes and dark spots. In fair complexioned people, this could be an aesthetic issue, affecting the personality of the individual.
The following are some common causes of hyperpigmentation:
- Overexposure to sunlight: Direct exposure to sunlight without use of sunscreen.
- Environmental pollutants: Dust and other chemicals, especially in areas with high levels of pollution are more prone to hyperpigmentation.
- Cosmetic products: If they contain chemicals like silicone and hydroquinone, over a long period of time, can produce dark spots.
- Antibiotics and hormone treatments: As a side effect, some antibiotics and hormones used as oral contraceptive pills can produce spots.
- Viral infections like herpes: The scars from infections like herpes and chickenpox would take time to heal completely and can be a cosmetic issue.
Hormonal issues may cause hyperpigmentation and in that case, we need to supplement herbal tablets for better result and better skin health and glow.
Now, let us look at some simple, herbal ways to manage these:
Natural exfoliation of skin: Wash the skin regularly with plain water before heading out and after returning.
Aloe vera juice can be used as a cleanser and toner followed by applying vitamin E oil.
Use the following natural face packs:
- Turmeric: Known for its skin lightening properties, turmeric can be mixed with milk or aloe vera pulp or ghee and applied on the skin. Alternately, plain turmeric can be rubbed on the skin once or twice a day to reduce blemishes.
- Lemon Juice: Application of plain lime juice is considered as an excellent way to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
- Sandalwood: Believed to have great benefits on the skin. Mixed with honey or milk or plain sandalwood as a paste is very beneficial to the skin.
- Tomato juice: Mixed with honey is also believed to be good for skin complexion.
- Water: Drinking lots of water keeps the skin hydrated and helps the skin keep pigmentation at bay. There would be a natural glow and elasticity of the skin, which is very visible.
In addition to these food substances, there are a lot of topical applications like oils (kumkumadi oil, nalpamaradi oil, eladi oil, and kanaka oil). The treatment should be holistic in that along with topical applications there should be overall reduced exposure to sun and sufficient water consumption to wash off toxins and dead skin cells.
I am 21 years old female. I've got pigmentation issues on my back and now its getting more black and spreading to other parts of the body and even rugged blackish spots are appearing on my back. please tel me the proper treatment.
Itchy skin. Recently m facing this issue. Mostly after shower. I have been using moisturizer after shower but it did not seem helpful. Itching causes no rashes bt my whole body itches. What to do?
I have dark spots on right part of face. Some doctors are saying it is caused by herpes. please suggest me to overcome from these spots Thank you!
Sir I am 20 year guy, I have skin problem actually m sportsman so maximum time I spend at the ground during sun time. My skin became dull, black, fully burn & and many black spot on my face. So what I have to do?
Only my face and neck became black compared to rest of body. What should i do? Waiting for your suggestion, thank you.
Hello Sir/Madam, I want your consultation on my Uncle’s Skin condition.he is suffering from skin infection what should i do?
Hey doc I am swapnil gupta and today my question is am suffer from skin damage so can you tell me how I manage this thing Thanks.
Sir my Age is 28 I m suffering from pimples &scars&pores. Is there any treatment for that please sir give the solution. Recently I have the hair fall also. please help me.
I am 27 years old female, I have black spots & black head's on nose how to remove it, how to glow my skin tone could you suggest me any medicine or CREAM?
Is masturbation on daily basis cause these things? 1) Blurred eye vision 2) Whitening of hair and hair fall 3) Dark circles under eyes Kindly reply me these three questions as early as possible. Thank you!
I am civil engineer, working in chemical zone and in sun heat and my skin gone too dark, please suggest me something.
I am female 45 years of age having lots of black spots and scars on my face which are very dark. Please help and suggest me something effective.
In most cases, you can easily blame excess hair on your face on your hormones. Male hormones called androgens are responsible for the development of certain 'manly' features like deepening of voice or production of sperm. And the one hormone behind all this is called testosterone. But women produce testosterone too, albeit in smaller quantities. If, for some reason, this hormone level increases in women, it leads to increased sex drive, irregular menstrual cycle and yes, excessive facial and body hair.
One of the main causes of high levels of male sex hormones in premenopausal women is polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a condition which causes cysts to grow around the edge of the ovaries (the organs which produce eggs and sex hormones). PCOS also results in excessive hair growth, acne and weight gain. Some women are stuck with this condition in the post menopause stage too, when the hormonal imbalance fails to rectify itself after menopause has passed.
Besides blaming it all on the hormones, here are some other causes you should know about:
- Blame your genes for cushing's syndrome or acromegaly as they are rare hormonal disorders and ovary tumors and they too can a cause of such a condition. However, cosmetic remedies are enough to get rid of unwanted or excess hair. So you may not have to go out of your way to handle this problem unless you have a special case.
- Being obese (weight gain is a side effect of PCOS too, so this is a slightly tricky one)
Most cases can be treated with:
- Waxing: This is a pretty much standard procedure
- Bleaching: Can work for areas you don't want to shave
- Hair removal creams: Try and test out to see which one suits you
- Shaving: Not the most womanly thing to do, but it is quick and easy. Mind the stubble between the shaves
- Laser treatment: A powerful beam of single color light is used to destroy the hair from its root