Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj K. VedYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a pain with my right side leg before 2 month but pain is increasing few date then now what can I doo please reply.
Need a diet list for 15 year old boy. The list should be of north indian food and it should be routine Monday -friday.
I hve cold along vth cough for last 2 year's. I smoke cigrate may b bez of tht? Wht should I do? Anf Is their anything serious abt it?
I have desk job and last 2 years weight gone increase upto 70kg to 80kg I want lose my weight please help.
Suggest some general medicines for premature ejaculation and also healthy diet to improve sexual performance and also the cubic size of penis. Im 32 years n married. Use to smoke 5 cigarettes a day n drinks (180 ml) twice in a week. Im vegetarian n I can take non veg if it helps me. Pls suggest.
I am very lean in nature. I need a good healthy body. And also need a fitness body. Is there any suggestion from you?
I am 21 year old girl. I have irregular periods since last 6 months. I have taken many medicines suggested by my friends. But it wouldn't work. Please help me.
HI from few days on words am getting savior stomach pain and I consult a doctor he said nothing to worry. But my stomach is so paining can you give me a tip.
I am 67 years aged male. I have ben walking for about 45 minutes daily. For the past couple of weeks, after a walk of say 100 meters I feel pain in the right hip joint area. After a few minutes of rest I can walk again but the pain relapses and persists.
I am a thin person. I can't eat more food. After getting some meal. My hungry is finish. please Help.
Dear sirs/madam, My daughter is studying fifth standard at a residential school. Nowadays we get complaints from the school frequently that she is steeling other students things, telling lies for each and every thing and not giving respect to senior students. And the school management reported us about the above problems and told taht if she continues the same then we will send her back. I don't know how handle and how to correct her. I here bu humbly request your good self to give one solution for the above problem. Please do the need full. Thanking you.
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..