Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj JainYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, my friend has been feeling pukish off late after consuming dairy products. Few days back she vomited throat night. She's got variable haemoglobin levels, has been having occasional pain on either side of breast. Sometimes at night she complains of chest pain. For your info she's a flight crew. Kindly advice, thank you.
I afraid I got some symptoms of lung tumour , let me know exactly what kinda symptoms are declare a cancer.
One of my relative in germany is suffering from blood cancer (CML) and tasigna 150 mg is prescribed for her. She will be in india soon. Can anyone pls tell whats the cost of this med in india and is there any alternate med for the same with cheaper price. Pls do tell. As I am worried. Thanks in advance.
Actually last month my brother in law aged 44 expired due to metastatic cancer in pancreas & intrahepatic cancer in liver. I was surprised to see that being a fully fit man without any disease. Now I am very much tensed that it could happen with any one. Pl suggest me which/what type of test/treatment could be taken up as a precautionary step.
I can feel one small ball or flesh-like small swelling inside my wife's left breast, she is 26 yrs. Old. We have 1 yr. 3 months baby boy, who is not ready to withdraw feeding, all reports are normal too, what should be done in this case? Though there is no pain or itching effect. Local doctor said, no issue.
My father 75 yrs old diagnosed prostate enlargement now he is using urine bag. Scan report shows grade III, PSA value 85. After 3 weeks medication antibiotic PSA value 75. Any possibility without surgery to recover. Any other medication can cure?
Hi my father is suffering in lever cancer last stage can I know how can possible to cure the cancer?
My question is that have any doctor came across a person who masturbated more than 5 times a day for more than 5 years. And he got any type of urological or adrenal gland cancer. If there please tell me.
I am a male of 61 yrs. My prostate is enlarged a little and about 40 cc urine is retained in the ultrasound. I have to go to urinate about 3 times at night. I also have uric acid in the range of 7 to 10 for which I take Febuget 40. Because of high uric acid I have joint pains in the knee and ankles. My libido has also reduced significantly. I am a by pass patient and am on blood pressure medication and Clopitab A 75. Any help in homeopathy?
Sir, My mother had a colon cancer at Stage 2 and gone thru Radio & Chemo therapy and completed 28 days on 6th Sep-17. From 7th onwards she is having motions normal stool & now from last 4 days she is having watery motions where she does not have any control while passing the same. We have kept the Diapers but still its coming out. We are giving the medicine of REDOTIL 100 mg & becelac forte 1-1-1 from last 7 days. But motions are not getting controlled. Could you pls advice what should we do.?
My prostate happened enlarge due to excess leakage of semen.(e.g taking with girl frend, hot scene watch, watch erotic movie. I am taking medicine for prostate from last 2 year. Give me medicine name for sexual disorder and prostate strength.
Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile duct cancer), like any other cancer, leaves a person physically, mentally and emotionally drained. It has been mostly found to affect people above 60 years of age. The signs and symptoms associated are so common that very few people consult a physician. A delayed diagnosis implies delayed treatment. This goes on to aggravate and complicate the situation further. One needs to be a little alert. Any symptoms, no matter how common, should not be taken lightly. Look for the early signs and symptoms and bile duct cancer can be fully cured.
Signs and symptoms associated with Cholangiocarcinoma:
Bile duct cancer can be Extrahepatic (occurs in the duct outside the liver) or Intrahepatic (cancer develops within the smaller ducts inside the liver). It must be noted that Intrahepatic Bile duct cancer and Liver cancer are different.
- Bile duct cancer results in blocking the bile duct. This blockage severely effects the secretion of bilirubin and bile from the liver. Thus, the secretions (bile and bilirubin) which are supposed to flow into the intestine move back into the bloodstream. An elevated level of bilirubin in the blood gives rise to a condition, known as Jaundice (a condition resulting in yellowing of the eyes and the skin). The problem lies in the fact that many other factors can equally contribute to Jaundice. Consulting a physician at the earliest is the best resort.
- A sudden or drastic weight loss and loss of appetite is an alarming sign of Cholangiocarcinoma.
- Excessive itching can be an indication of something as big as bile duct cancer. Itching can be an outcome of the increased bilirubin (blood) reaching the skin.
- At an advanced stage of Cholangiocarcinoma, a patient may experience severe abdominal pain.
- At times, the tumour in the bile duct might exert immense pressure on the nearby organs. This can give rise to an enlarged abdominal mass. Bloated feeling is also very common amongst the patients.
- An unusual change in the colour of the stool and urine should not be neglected. The elevated bilirubin level from the intestine is usually eliminated out of the system through the urine. Thus the stool appears lighter and the urine a shade darker.
- A cholangiocarcinoma patient can, at times feel nauseated. Fever is also a common but an extremely important indication.
Bile duct cancer or cholangiocarcinoma can lead to many other complications. Click below to know every minute detail associated with Cholangiocarcinoma.
My father is having problem with prostate enlargement, he's having problem while urinating because of that. So please tell remedies and proper treatment, we are worried.
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of breast cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.