Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManojYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old planning for pregnancy but my height is 4'9' and weight is 70 Kg. So, I think I am overweight. What should I do?
I am 32 years old female, trying to conceive. I was ovulating last week. After that there is no cervical discharge, its dry. Is it normal? Why is it so? Can it be pregnancy? What should I do? My next dates are 26th January. I had faced some mild cramp like thing last evening too.
I am pregnant lady and I want food related advices to give birth to a cute and healthy baby. So please give me advices for food and work when pregnancy.
There are many cosmetic procedures that are accessible to patients who need to surgically reposition the facial tissues that have loosened as one ages. One of them is the Vampire Facelift which uses infusions of the patient's own blood through an element known as Selphyl.
The Vampire Facelift, or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), includes extracting spoons of a patient's blood from their arm and spinning it in a rotator to isolate the plasma - the liquid part - from the red and white platelets.
The concentrated plasma, which is rich in platelets, is then infused into the face. A few experts pump it with dermal fillers to further lift up the loosened zones, for example, under the eye. The procedure is as follows:
Blood from the arm is extracted, which is then spun in a rotator to isolate the platelets.
The platelets are then re-infused into the skin with a fine needle and just infused into the areas that need be lifted or rejuvenated.
These infusions include a little fat as well, to make a smooth, rounder and plumper appearance.
During the Vampire facelift procedure, Hyaluronic corrosive (HA) fillers are utilised which help in lifting the skin from the bone to give your skin a decent shape with a younger look.
Again this HA filler would pursue the wrinkle that is connected with your face and make an alternate shape of the face which might look different from the original one.
Some of the advantages of this facelift are:
Change in skin surface and tone.
Reclamation of facial shape.
Growing new and younger tissues.
Superior option to neurotoxin (Botox) and different infusions.
Infusion of the blood causes no bruising, as it is a thin, watery liquid.
No allergy testing is required as the substance is the individual's blood.
However, there are certain disadvantages as well. These are as follows:
Most plastic surgeons do not believe in the efficacy of this procedure.
Uncertainty whether Selphyl has been FDA approved for facial revival.
There will be some redness in the rejuvenated area.
The Vampire Facelift takes a few weeks to bring about results.
The disadvantage with HA fillers is the way it will make your eyes hurt.
The infusions are not just used to smoothen the wrinkles on the face. It can likewise be utilised on different parts and areas of the body with diminished volume or wrinkles. The technology that is behind the Vampire Facelift is not new. Doctors have been utilising one's own plasma to help other procedures like bone mending after spinal wounds and to recover delicate tissues after plastic surgery for a long time. Like any sort of medicinal technique, it is important to conduct appropriate research to check whether it is ideal and suitable for your body and skin type. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Sleep hygiene tips:
- Getting good sleep is important in maintaining health. There are several things that you can do to promote good sleep.
- Sleep hygiene help promote good sleep using behavioral interventions.
Sleep hygiene tips:
- Maintain a regular sleep routine
- Go to bed at the same time. Wake up at the same time. Ideally, your schedule will remain the same (+/- 20 minutes) every night of the week.
- Avoid naps if possible.
- Naps decrease the ‘sleep debt’ that is so necessary for easy sleep onset. Each of us needs a certain amount of sleep per 24-hour period. We need that amount, and we don’t need more than that. When we take naps, it decreases the amount of sleep that we need the next night – which may cause sleep fragmentation and difficulty initiating sleep, and may lead to insomnia.
- Don’t stay in bed awake for more than 5-10 minutes.
If you find your mind racing, or worrying about not being able to sleep during the middle of the night, get out of bed, and sit in a chair in the dark. Do your mind racing in the chair until you are sleepy, then return to bed. No tv or internet during these periods! that will just stimulate you more than desired. If this happens several times during the night, that is ok. Just maintain your regular wake time, and try to avoid naps.
- Don’t watch tv or read in bed.
- When you watch tv or read in bed, you associate the bed with wakefulness.
- Drink caffeinated drinks with caution
- The effects of caffeine may last for several hours after ingestion. Caffeine can fragment sleep, and cause difficulty initiating sleep. If you drink caffeine, use it only before noon. Remember that soda and tea contain caffeine as well.
- Avoid inappropriate substances that interfere with sleep
- Cigarettes, alcohol, and over-the-counter medications may cause fragmented sleep.
- Exercise regularly
- Exercise before 2 pm every day. Exercise promotes continuous sleep. Avoid rigorous exercise before bedtime. Rigorous exercise circulates endorphins into the body which may cause difficulty initiating sleep.
- Have a quiet, comfortable bedroom
Set your bedroom thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Generally, a little cooler is better than a little warmer. Turn off the tv and other extraneous noise that may disrupt sleep. Background ‘white noise’ like a fan is ok. If your pets awaken you, keep them outside the bedroom. Your bedroom should be dark. Turn off bright lights. Have a comfortable mattress.
- If you are a ‘clock watcher’ at night, hide the clock.
- Have a comfortable pre-bedtime routine
- A warm bath, shower, meditation.
Some who are struggling with sleep regularly find it helpful to print out these recommendations and read them reularly. If you accidentally miss some of recommendations, or have a bad night, do not fret. By following these sleep hygiene recommendations, you will help yourself to get into a routine that promotes good sleep opportunities.
The pressing urge to do loads in a short span of time, to plan life in a day, to see dreams unfurl into reality at the slightest of efforts inundates millions across the world. It is neither about the goals one sets before oneself nor about rational expectations arising from the awareness of one's capabilities. The problem runs deeper. Happiness and health are two elemental factors discerning the quality of your life. Happiness is directly proportional to your personal health. Neglecting one will affect the other. The best way to cope in the given situation is to take a detour from the overriding rat race. While others are in a hurry, you must slow down and care to nurture your mind and body.
Take a look at the benefits of slowing down:
- It will give you ample time to interact: Moving out of your comfort zone in order to exchange ideas with colleagues or friends plays an eminent role in shaping your personality. Interaction provides a person with food for thought. Therefore slowing down a little will encourage a free flow of countless ideas.
- It will encourage you to pursue a hobby: Hobbies keep you alive. You should take out time to pursue an interest. This is a tried and tested way of rekindling happiness in one's life.
- It will make you attentive towards others: A fast life shelters you within its clutches. You fail to take note of the changes in and around you. Going slow will let you take care of your loved ones.
- It will enable you to see your inimitability: Once you slow down, you'll find time to introspect and retrospect as well. A person can come to realize how unique he or she is in this vast scope of things.
- It will improve your sex life: Dopamine is the chief chemical that regulates a person's sexual desires. Increased levels of stress can hamper the production of dopamine making you lax about sex. Taking an easy pace can add zing to your sex life.
- It will keep your heart healthy: Being overly hyper about delay subjects you to the risk of heart diseases. You should never be frantic about plans; this can lead to high blood pressure or can even cause severe harm to your heart health.
Related Tip: "Get Better Sleep"
My wife was not getting periods regularly. We got married in 2014 still we are trying for kids but still it's not happened for kids which are the better days to be in physical sex .and how many time to have sex in a month.
On the other hand, you can have a kidney infection when the bladder infection has not been treated and has spread to the kidneys. Symptoms of a kidney infection include acute pain in the lower back, fever and vomiting.
It is best not to delay treatment if you suspect you have a UTI. Those with a weak immune system, diabetes or bad kidneys should immediately see a doctor. Pregnant women are also susceptible to UTIs. There are times when a UTI can give no symptom or warning. It is only a urine test that can disclose if a person has a UTI.
Once the infection spreads to the kidneys, treatment should be undertaken on an urgent basis because the damage to the kidneys can be permanent. When bacteria enters the urinary system, UTIs occur. The bacteria travels to the urethra and the bladder, where it causes an infection. This ailment is more common among women who are sexually active. Other things which can increase your risk of getting a UTI are dehydration, not peeing when you want to and having kidney stones
A urine test will determine if you have a UTI. Once confirmed, your doctor will put you on medication, which is excellent at treating UTIs. One has to drink copious amounts of water and make frequent trips to the loo, which helps flush out the bacteria.
Effective ways to prevent UTIs include drinking a lot of water, going to the bathroom before as well as after sex and wiping the genital area properly — from front to back.
Dear sir/madam, I just got married. There is 11 year age difference between us. My age is 28 and my wife's 39. I wanna advice that there is any issue in pregnancy? shall we get child by naturally or not? please advice me?
I am 24 yrs old. I am having problem of itching at my vagina from last 5 years. Please recommend me wheat it is good to use CLOTAM B cream for this purpose? Or suggest your views, please
Homeopathy is a widely accepted alternative system of medicine which was discovered in the late 18th century. Homeopathy believes in the philosophy that the mind, emotions and the body are integrated together. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high dose. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
People hold many misconceptions about homeopathy. Following are some of the myths of homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic, then only working process is slow. This is because in chronic condition, the body takes little time to cure from inside. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. Fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy.
Related Tip: "Detoxifying With Homeopathy?"
What happens to our bodies during sex
While most of us are sure that we like to have #sex, most of us also haven't spent much time thinking about what happens physiologically while we are engaged in the act.
When a person becomes sexually aroused and participates in sexually stimulating activities (intercourse, #masturbation, #foreplay, etc.).
The sexual-response cycle is divided into four phases: excitement, plateau, orgasm and resolution. There is no distinct beginning or end to each phase -- they're actually all part of a continuous process of sexual response.
Keep in mind that this is a very general outline of what happens to each of us as we become sexually aroused. There is much variation among individuals, as well as between different #sexual events.
Both men and women go through all four phases, except the timing is different. Men typically reach orgasm first during intercourse, while women may take up to 15 minutes to get to the same place. This makes the likelihood of simultaneous orgasm during intercourse a rare event
Phase one: excitement
This phase usually begins within 10 to 30 seconds after erotic stimulation, and can last anywhere from a few minutes to many hours.
Men: the #penis becomes slightly erect. A man's nipples may also become erect.
Women: vaginal lubrication begins. The vagina expands and lengthens. The outer lips, inner lips, clitoris and sometimes breasts begin to swell.
Both: heart rate, blood pressure and breathing are all accelerated.
Phase two: plateau
The changes that started in the excitement phase continue to progress.
Men: the testes are drawn up into the scrotum. The penis becomes fully erect.
Women: the vaginal lips become puffier. The tissues of the walls of the outer third of the vagina swell with blood, and the opening to the #vagina narrows. The #clitoris disappears into its hood. The inner labia (lips) change color (although it's a bit hard to notice). For women who've never had children, the lips turn from pink to bright red. In women who've had children, the color turns from bright red to deep purple.
Both: breathing and pulse rates quicken. A" sex flush" may appear on the stomach, chest, shoulders, neck or face. Muscles tense in the thighs, hips, hands and buttocks, and spasms may begin.
Phase three: orgasm
This is the climax of the cycle. It is also the shortest of the four phases, usually only lasting a few seconds.
Men: first, seminal fluid collects in the urethral bulb. This is when a man may have the sensation that orgasm is certain, or" ejaculatory inevitability" next, semen is ejaculated from the penis. Contractions occur in the penis during the orgasmic phase.
Women: the first third of the vaginal walls contract rhythmically every eight-tenths of a second. (the number and intensity of the contractions vary depending on the individual orgasm.) the muscles of the uterus also contract barely noticeably.
Both: breathing, pulse rate and blood pressure continue to rise. Muscle tension and blood-vessel engorgement reach a peak. Sometimes orgasm comes with a grasping-type muscular reflex of the hands and feet.
Phase four: resolution
This phase is a return to the normal resting state. It can last from a few minutes to a half-hour or longer. This stage is generally longer for women than men.
Men: the #penis returns to its normal flaccid state. There is usually a refractory period, where it's impossible to orgasm again until a certain amount of time has passed. The amount of time varies among men by age, physical fitness and other factors.
Women: the uterus and clitoris return to their normal positions. Some women may be able to respond to additional stimulation with additional orgasms.
Both: swelling recedes, any sex flush disappears, and there is a general relaxation of muscle tension.
Understanding what's happening to you and your partner's bodies during sex can only aid in the full enjoyment of the experience. Combine this with some good communication skills, and you've found the key to unlock sexual pleasure and your heart's desires.