Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manohar Rathod
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar RathodYour feedback matters!
Hello everyone. I need your help An year back I had a thyroid cyst in which there was pain. I had homoeopathic treatment and it went away. But now it has started to appear and I have pain in it whenever I eat something or drink something. I want to know if there is something serious. Also please suggest me some remedies.
Diabetes is a chronic condition where the glucose level of the body rises too high. There are two types of diabetes - type 1 and type 2. In case of type 1 diabetes, the body fails to produce insulin and people suffering from this condition have to depend on insulin injections for the rest of their life. In case of type 2 diabetes the body produces less amount of insulin, which is not enough for the proper functioning of the body.
This type of diabetes can be kept under control by following a healthy diet and practicing exercise regularly.
Why diabetic wounds can cause severe problems:
Diabetes can cause a number of complications that makes it harder for certain wounds to heal. These include:
- Nerve Damage: Until a cut or blister worsens and becomes inflamed, in case of neuropathy, you will not experience the pain. Diabetics often suffer from neuropathy, making it difficult for wounds to heal.
- Weak immune system: A minor wound may even get severe and become infected if your immune system fails to exercise its natural defenses.
- Narrow arteries: Blocked arteries may cause severe wounds which becomes difficult to heal. Clogged arteries make it difficult for the blood to flow to the affected area which slows the process of wound healing.
Treating a diabetic wound:
In order to ensure that the diabetic wound does not get infected, below mentioned methods can be used:
- Take care of the wound immediately. If the wound is not cleaned and taken care of immediately, it can lead to bacteria build-up, which will lead to infection.
- Avoid using soaps and hydrogen peroxide to irritate the injury. Use antibiotic lotions to prevent infection and a sterile bandage to keep the affected area covered.
- Consult your doctor before any minor problem turns big.
- Since the bottom of the foot is a common place for developing blisters and calluses in case of diabetic people, try to keep pressure off the wound as it slowly healing.